KO fans project armors

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by leblancis300, Jul 12, 2011.

1. leblancis300

leblancis300 Active Member

I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on the knock of commander armors regardless of color.. For the price tag are they worth it Ailey as a display piece... I know they have shoulder issues but just wanted so see if anyone had one and there personal thoughts on them... Reason being is I'm lookin into getting a second city commander I used to jave one but had to part with it and I want to get another

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    They are fine for displaying but if you plan on touching them on a semi regular basis then pass.

3. Guardian_Prime

Guardian_Prime Autobot Leader

I had the DIA Commander armor and repainted it in Magnus colors. I thought it was pretty good for the price. Shoulder issues aside, I recommend it.

4. Grimkid

Grimkid Well-Known Member

Those are junk sorry

5. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yup, they pretty much dont snap on at all or barely. some of the shadows were misassembled so you would have 2 shoulder pieces that looked different but not on the inside.

i took one and glued all pieces on to a KO Black Convoy.

6. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

Are they really junk, though? I'd like to know more, as well. Please, those who know, from a pragmatic standpoint and without hyperbole:

When the options are a fully-functional, evenly painted item at $300+ dollars, or an item that has some paint bleed, occasional minor breakage, and a small missing component in the shoulders that results in slippage for less than $75, isn't kind of worth it to go with the latter and correct any issues yourself? Especially when considering that the core figure itself now sells for as much as $100 on its own.

I really want a proper Ultra Magnus in my Classics display, but spending close to half a grand for one is obviously completely stupid. From what I've read, the issues with the KO sets are such that nobody is so incompetent with the hobby paint, masking tape, and plumber's putty that they couldn't work around them. But that's just my armchair speculation; I, and it seems several others, would like a candid, objective assessment of the product, if anybody can manage. Thanks! :) 

7. Guardian_Prime

Guardian_Prime Autobot Leader

Well I did own one, and I still stand by my recommendation for the money. Mine did not break and with a little working, I got the shoulders to stay on and not be loose. The legs stayed on very snuggly, the waist plate was snug, the arms were a little loose, and the chest and head were snug. Does it have knock off issues already mentioned? Yes. I still think it is a good set for the price as mine never broke and was fully functional when I sold it.

8. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Agreed with NotingHead. I have all KO Armor because I could not afford the real deal (yeah, I'm poor, so just deal with it). They might not be perfect, but they are serviceable. I had to do some very minor mods to make them fit but for the price it is asking, I have no complaints.
    For USD30 for the KO version that looks and function well compared to USD100++ for the 'official' version, I know where my economics of scale stand.

Junk? Far from it. But I guess it is said by those who can really afford the real FP items.

9. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

where did you guys order from?

10. leblancis300

I was going to order from aces toystore.com for the dia kold set it's 80 for the figure and trailer... I want to get the ko sunstorm to... As for the city commander itself I would really like a real one but for te others I think I'm gonna go the ko route

11. NothingHead

There's lots of places, they're not rare. Basically anywhere that you find the set that isn't asking $300 is selling the KO.

KoToys.com has all but the City Commander set, I believe. I heard a rumor (which I'd like verified) that they plan on getting more of that set in soon. If it's true, I'll get mine through them, since they sell an excellent KO Magnus to go with it for under $20 and it'd be a good deal to get both at once and save on the international shipping.

12. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    for the price? i want something that fits, since it's pretty much the original retail of fp's, it's not worth it at all, it falls off the arms if a breeze passes by, the head flops around and falls off if you lift the figure sideways, the shoulders slump, i spent close to four hours of nail polish on the one i had and it still didn't fit right but if you haven't gotten a real one by now, you probably never will, so go for the ko.

13. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

I've heard from multiple sources the KO armor is cabbage.

14. NothingHead

Really? I thought the original retailed at like around $125. The KO's are still going for between $40 and $80..

15. sh002

sh002 Banned

i would love to find a ko shadow commander. the original is too expensive.

16. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

I so want the authentic version, but KO seems to be the way to go.

17. mentok27

mentok27 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My KO shadow commander is rough.... But not junk. I wasn't collecting transformers during te Commanders initial release so missed out on release cost, since after market prices are insane I went with KO, to me it was the only option. Looks great but I'm not gonna talk it up like I would an authentic set.

18. leblancis300

Hmm so it looks to be about 5050 but honestly for a display peice seems the ko is fairing ok

19. lerath666

lerath666 Autocon Vs Deceptibot

I've been looking for aKO shadow commander as well. can't find them anywhere.

20. mentok27

mentok27 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked mine up from this very board for $48 a few months ago so its far from impossible.... though im not having much luck with City Commander still....