Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by fleshling, Jan 27, 2016.
With KBB OS Prime
With OS evasion Prime.
I am really tempted by this and the three oversize Cars (Drift, Crosshairs and Lockdown)
My TFM setup is only HA, leader and select legends. Would these four work or would I just end up with bots that look not quite right? Any suggestions on which versions to go with as I prefer to keep them in ALT mode? Thx
Yep, those are the four I use for my HA collection.
They work wonderfully with the HA toys. Those are the only TF's I collect and I made an exception for them due to their size. It's a scary thought that this could mean deluxe toys from now on will be getting the OS treatment to keep them in scale with HA... My collection will get out of hand at this rate haha
How is that KBB OS Prime? Good Quality? Who makes it? Sorry about all the questions but I might like to get that as well as OS Hound and Commander
The quality is very good, like the original only bigger. The autobot logos are blanked out on the wheels and no symbol on his chest. Other than that he's great.
Isn't the backpack easily removable too?
I've just received mine today along with OS Stinger and OS Lockdown. Hound is brilliant and fanastic quality, definitely worth the money. Lockdown is also worth it in my opinion. I'm going to look into modding him to make it more movie accurate. Stinger is garbage. Actually, it is really nice but far too small in both modes. It doesn't scale well with anything. I'll probably be getting rid of him, which is a shame, because I really wanted more HA sized decepticons. I might post some pictures later.
Added some pictures for comparison. I've got the whole AOE gang, but Optimus and Bumblebee are not their new looks.
Can anyone tell me the height in cm of hound detective os?
I'm looking at him on eBay and can't tell one os from the other without knowing his height.
So is he worth getting?cuz after the disappointment of the Voyager Hound,I want another crack at this guy. Does he scale ok with the 1st Voyager Ironhide and first movie deluxe cars?
Best to wait it out in the event this more screen accurate one makes it to release.
EDIT: The Hound I linked in is described by the following board member soundwave1987 as such. Hope this helps you make your decision on scale for this one
Well darn,I wouldnt of minded spending the 40 bucks for this one but if an even better Wei Jiang version is coming out that fixes all the issues of the original WJ version,then maybe I might wait.
Also how reliable is Sirtoys?
Also does the KBB Hound have his own thread? If so Im unable to find it and can only find the Wei Jiang Version.
Not sure if KBB Hound has its own thread.
SirToys (or Paul as I have heard) has an account on TFW2005 if I'm not mistaken. Since he is a one man business, his orders may take some time processing, but I hear the wait is very worth it. Never personally ordered from him, but I have never heard anything negative about him or his service.
Well I just got a the WJ AOE Optimus last week and hes amazing in everyway. Hard to believe a KO is better the legit thing. Now I wanna see how WJ fixes Hound,I watched Emgos review on it and sounded pretty bad but you get what you pay for,but now their fixing all those issues and I wanna see how it turns out.
Im still curious about the KBB version tho as BensCollectables said it was good. Altho Im seeing Sirtoys has him but with no box
This thread is the KBB Hound. I did an earlier one for the Wei Jiang.
Is this the same one, just with a different deco?
Transformers Oversized Camouflage Hound Metal Part Action Figures 29cm No Box | eBay
Finally pulled the trigger on this guy. He arrived yesterday from SirToys. I haven't had a ton of time to check it out, but here are my thoughts so far...
- This thing is gargantuan! More oversized than oversized Hound! fits perfectly with M01 Evasion OP / HA scale stuff. This guy boasts an impressive alt-mode and really nice bot mode.
- There's a lot of heft with those diecast parts. Just fantastic!
- Lots of good upgrades including the incredible head sculpt w/cygar, better solution for hand panels, and (somewhat)better hands in general.
- The paint apps are nice for the most part. Mine was missing the red on the chest, but I'm OK with that. Plastic/paint on the weapons looks really good.
- All the guns you know and love are here, though storage is a bit of an issue.
- The inclusion of OS Dr. Wu add-ons was really great, though those straps/belts are a bit fiddly to get lined up correctly.
- Factor in (again) the size, the accessories, and the price, and you definitely get a lot of bang for your buck here.
- Joints have some issues- at lease on mine. Some are too loose, some are too tight, ratchets needed a few more clicks (both for range and fine-tuning poses). All these upgrades, and I still have trouble getting this guy to stand properly without falling over or flopping at the waist. While we still got better hands, they're not ideal, they don't seem to move much at the wrists.
- Head sculpt is awesome, but the lack of paint on the back of the head is a bit glaring. The mold/paint on mine don't seem as clean and crisp as some of the reviews I've seen. Not sure what is up with that.
- Weapon storage - as mentioned, the weapons can't all combine without some trimming/sanding. The shotguns don't appear to store on the back, which is where I'd like to have them. Other weapon pegs/holes don't work well either.
I still highly recommend this figure. Just for size and scale, it'll be my go-to movieverse Hound. It's a shame that some of the things on my cons list could have been solved with just a bit more care orQA - Maybe I just lost the QA roulette? That said, these are mostly things that a little floor polish or some sandpaper should take care of - which is par for the course for KO's in general.
In the end, this guy is beefy, full of personality and presence, and much much closer to 'The Hound we should have gotten."
Here's some more pictures of the KBB hounds aswell as the Wei jiang robot force M02
And compared with the M01-d
Separate names with a comma.