KO Diaclone Blue Swoop

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by cappeca, Nov 22, 2011.

1. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

[​IMG]

So I finally got my KO Blue Swoop, Diaclone style. Got it from KOTOYS, and had absolutely no problems ordering from them, from China to Brazil, during a post office strike. My first order with them, and I was very afraid the whole time, but a friend of mine here who does business with them all the time insisted that I shouldn't worry. He was right, yay! Item came well packaged, sealed, complete, in perfect condition. And fast.

[​IMG]

What can I say? It's the G1 toy, only cartoon accurate. I have to admit that I simply HATE the G1 Dinobots toys, there! Every single one of them that I ever handled was loose! And by loose I mean LOOSE, not-able-to-stand loose, can't-hold-an-alt-mode-together loose. The only Dinobot that I have is a Diaclone Grimlock, broken and no longer able to transform (not because of nucleon), and I hate it. So you can imagine how scared I was of buying a KO Dinobot. I thought it would be a piece of crap, seriously, but it had so much appeal with the blue chest, that I simply couldn't resist. Especially after this friend of mine bought his, and I had a chance to play with it.

[​IMG]

This toy is tight! Really, really tight, to the point of almost breaking the chest while separating it for transformation. Swoop is very delicate, especially the wings, so I try to be very carefull while handling this toy (yes, I broke Grimlock). Out of the box he comes with instructions, all labels (including factory), all weapons and bubble insert. I didn't take pictures of the box because I guess everybody knows what it looks like, but it's worth mentioning that while the box mine came in has the regular boxart with Swoop in red, that friend of mine got the special box with Swoop in Diaclone Blue. I don't know if this was an optional or not, but I don't care about boxes anymore, so it's cool with me.

[​IMG]

Why Diaclone you ask? Well, the Dinobots molds came from the Diaclone line before becoming Transformers, and in that line some parts were painted in blue instead of red. You can see on the picture above a little bit of blue in my Grimlock, for example. The thing is, the animation model for Swoop was based on the Diaclone toy, with the blue chest. That's the whole appeal of this KO version, to be cartoon accurate. THANK YOU 3RD PARTY COMPANY! This is really an awesome toy, very high quality, and delivering MORE than the original ever did.

[​IMG]

There's just one thing about the launchers, they were cast with a bigger handler so they don't fit properly on the wings. No biggie, there's a recipe to fix it around the web. The awesome part is that I found out Swoop has a landing gear, which I didn't know. So for those still in doubt, just go ahead and buy it. It's totally worth the price, and you won't regret.

Moving on to red head Slag.

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Blue Swoop looks great in your pics. Tempted to get all 5 KO Dinobots now...