KO Dia Powered Commander & Blue Konvoy

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OldsCut78, Jun 5, 2011.

1. OldsCut78

OldsCut78 Laser Rod

How are the quality on both Commander and Konvoy from KOToys.com

Attached Files:

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Not really worth the $100 price tag. Almost everyone who's bought Blue Konvoy has reported that the fists are inverted, so you have to swap them yourself. The joints aren't tight and there's paint splatter on the thighs and clear parts. The Armor is wobblier than the FP real deal, and the shoulders and arms barely fit at all without help. I was really looking forward to this set but dreading the price, and after buying the thing I came to wonder why I was looking forward to it that much

If the thing was like $40 cheaper, it'd be more tolerable (and since they're KOs, some people probably think they should be even cheaper than that, but these are being made on a custom order so...), but at $100, you're playing roulette with QC.

3. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I didn't have any problems like that with my Blue Konvoy...then again, I didn't purchase the armor.....

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    The Blue Konvoy by itself is not bad. I mean, $50 is still a lot for a KO, but the toy just sitting on my shelf looks nice. But with the armor, you're paying twice as much for a gimmick that doesn't work quite right.

5. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    True. I remember watching a video review on the commander armor and the guy was saying certain parts didn't really "fit" right....some of it was loose....but overall "not too bad." If it's floppy like you said, then that may be one thing I would definitely avoid. And I agree with ya, it does look nice sitting on my shelf too :D  Right behind UM, Prime, Nemesis, KO SG, and the Black Konvoy......

6. Scaleface

Scaleface TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got mine. Paid $20 for each the Konvoy and Commander parts.

[​IMG]

I didn't know you could just mount the DIA Commander missile launchers the backs of his arms.

[​IMG]

7. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only real mold problems I have seen with the KO City Commander mold is that the shoulder pads don't stay on properly and the giant gun is crap compared to the original. Other than that the mold is close to identical with some cheaper plastic, and there may be paint mistakes since it is a KO after all. I think it's worth it.

8. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    It's Fine - I just wish they'd not gone with red windows - the best KO Prime I think is the really cheap black one that looks a bit like THS-02.

(Not the Wonderfest fake the just black and silver one with clear windows) - I think that one is 'super'

I didn't have any paint splashes on mine - the only problems they have really is the missing elbow & chest ratchets and the back piece not folding up so far as it should due to a slight mould change. Some might say the logos were not an excellent print job perhaps they are a little washed out looking. The main gun has a mould change too that causes some slight issues with the gun storage sometimes.

I do not count swapped fists as a problem as anyone with 2 braincells to rub together can fix that in under 5 minutes. The big gun fits a bit loosely in truck mode but some varnish soon sorted that out.

I like that it comes with the holster piece as that allows him to actually hold the case he comes with.

Overall the Blue ones is nice enough as a display piece and the armour is nice too and works best on an official toy it's a little Loose on a Kold convoy's shoulders but nothing a little padding can't help with.

9. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    In my opinion, the sets are not too bad. I don't own the DIA Commander nor the KO Prime. However, I do own the KO City & Shadow Commander kits and my only real complaint about them are the arm pieces. You really have to fiddle with it to make it stay. It's too bad there's no real clip inside the arm pieces to attach to the arms. It's just being held by friction, but I've figured out a way to make them stay which allows for more arm movement. There are other floppy pieces but a little TLC goes a long way.

I paid $40 for each set which is not too bad and they look great on the shelf with there other fellow comrades, they look like the real deal.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    That's exactly what mine is like. Got it from a guy on Ebay seliing them for $30 a piece. Great deal IMO