KO Devastator, Superion, Dinobots???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CVprowl, Jan 28, 2011.

1. GeraldKeefer

GeraldKeefer Gabba Gabba Hey!

God that just makes me drool. The number 1 upgrade I want is for the legs to make him bigger then the head, gun a& articulated hands, and the forearms later. They have the legs up as pre-order but unfortunately instead of purple they are grey. All the rest in stock. Spending the money (which I don't have a ton of) for the color I really don't want just to buy is a bit much for me. I see they have the last update with the mounting plate for better articulation in stock so pretty much every upgrade I want except the purple leg extensions. If anyone reads this and has a pair for a reasonable price I'll take 'em! hehehe Quick question do they work on the high quality KO set? I know they made the one upgrade for the KO set but do the others work on KO set?

Curamen the collection is still small yet I am very happy with it! I have the entire 84 line except Mirage and almost all of 85 except the Dinobots and Shockwave. Even dipped my toes into 86 and have a nice number of them. Also like you said before of course I would get into the other lines. Got all the MP toys except Thundercracker and Ultra Magnus and currently have all the Generations line! hehehehe so right I like the collection but the wife isn't too happy about my rampant spending.

Anyway it's a meager collection but I think I'm gonna finish a ghetto type display today (displaying them by year released) and I'll try and take some pics to post. Interestested to hear what you'd think!

2. GeraldKeefer

One quick question Curamen can you post a pic of your sweet, sweet upgraded Devastator with Predaking just for comparison? Would love to see

3. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually have all of the Big lots kos of these items...Devastator is the worst, Superion in the middle, Defensor is the BEST. The one thing I like about the KO Defensor better than the original is Hot Spot....I know it's not G1 accurate and I know there ARE powder blue fire trucks that exist, but a red fire truck makes more sense. I WOULD recommend that people try to find the micromaster sized Devastator. it's actually really good quality

4. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes please, I want to see that too. The devy sets looks really really good. But for the price its way too expensive for me to buy. Maybe if they have a 50% off deal. Then I might do it. Only time will tell. Btw the biglots transformers are always crap, at least I think so. If anyone wants high quality ko, then the china g1 reissues at top notch. They are pretty much just like the 80s versions.

5. GeraldKeefer

Yeah, all the upgrades are expensive if you buy at once but if you do 1 a week or so it's not too bad I would imagine. Hell, if you ever see a 50% off deal PM me immediately! or if anyone here is selling them for a good price.

6. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    These are CrazyDevy Upgrades and they costs $20 to $30 for each upgrade at the time of their release.

Yes, the shoulder piece was not attached and the Megatron is a WST.

7. CURAMEN

News Credits:
    Here you go boys...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note - Devastator & Predaking have all the CrazyDevy Upgrades that are currently released.

8. GeraldKeefer

Man, those guys look AWESOME together! Thank you for posting. Getting ready to post my crappy pics I just took of my collection so far Curamen Let me know what you think.

9. GeraldKeefer

10. CURAMEN

News Credits:
    @GK... A great start on your collection! Keep up the good work and take your time to enjoy each new addition.

11. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the pics, wow! those must have costs a fortune for all those upgrades. It makes the figures 10 times cooler. I wish I had that much extra dough to spend on all those devy parts. Those supersize wings on predaking is by far my favorite piece. Look at those giant chromey wings. :drool:  and the size of predaking is amazing.

12. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Which figure broke? I have a legit Long Haul and Mixmaster, and Long Haul's missile rack.

13. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I think it was Hook, but I'm not sure. I tossed the whole lot in a shoebox somewhere in the house, but I'm not certain where it's at at the moment!

14. CURAMEN

News Credits:
    The KO Mirage and Shockwave are really nice and very close to the originals.

Mirage has paint application for red stripe in car mode, which much better than applying the stickers IMO.

Shockwave has a shorter rubber hose when compared to the original and suffers from having a loose knee and toe joint, which isn't that bad... It still can stand on its own with no problems.

As for the Dinobots, I would pass on them and dish out a $100 more to get the originals. The sloppy red paint application just bothers me.

Not really. $20 here and $30 dollars there every other month didn't really hit the wallet that hard and once all the Devastator upgrades were released... The end product was just too amazing and well worth the money spent (at least in my opinion). Some people may disagree with CrazyDevy and their way of selling each upgrade individually rather than together in a box set, but I tend to like the piece-by-piece deal they have going on. To me, it's like paying a Customizer/Radicon in small monthly payments to make something for you.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  15. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

i ordered a KO G1 green devastator from KOtoys tonight. ill give my own review when it arrives. : )

16. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I have one coming tuesday. Will let you know my thoughts.

17. GeraldKeefer

CVProwl should be getting yours any day now! Let us know

Alucard77 how did you like yours? Haven't heard anything

18. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    The KO Devastator is fantastic. Good luck trying to tell the difference with the original, if you don't have the original. Even then, it is minimal what the differences are. The quality is top notch.

My original now resides in the KO Box.

If you get Crazy Devy Parts, they will fit together, but not as perfect as on the original. Make sure to get the forearms for the KO though. I made the mistake of not doing that.

19. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

i forgot i was going to review the devestator when he showed up!

i can say its awesome. tight joints, everything fits together well, he stands very sturdy. color is great. mine was missing bonecrusher's handgun. that's my only complaint.

here's a pic...

[​IMG]

the quality is probably a little better than the reissue bruticus i got. hes got a lot of loose joints, but is still awesome.

[​IMG]

20. nemesisred

nemesisred Well-Known Member

where did all the KO Transformers go on KOtoys?? they have nothing on there now! did hasbro get wise to what they were doing (selling)? Man I wanted the rest of the dinobots! :( (