KO Devastator, Superion, Dinobots???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CVprowl, Jan 28, 2011.

1. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i have found KO (knock off) versions of G1 Devastator, Superion, and the Dinobots floating around the internet for sale.

they look G1 accurate from what i can see. does anyone have any info on their quality?

ive read on here that these molds appear to have been destroyed/lost etc. so what info can you share???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    I don't have superion, but the dinobots and devastator are good quality as in they aren't extremely fragile, but arent exactly concrete. They are perfect for displaying and fiddling around with though without having to worry about them breaking into pieces.

3. HollyW00d

HollyW00d Collecting Freak

I know for a fact that the high quality knockoff of Devastator is pretty much the same quality as the original. A great deal if you're looking for a MISB Constructicon set. Pretty much a reissue.

I've heard the Dinobots are decent quality, but the paint chips easily and the chrome can flake especially on Swoop. The other 4 though are pretty close to the originals, but Swoop has gotten bad reviews.

AS for the Arielbots, I haven't seen any reviews but if they are like the Constructicons they are really good knockoffs.

4. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

so, in your opinion, they pass the "look" and "feel" test?

5. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

this is exciting news!

6. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have the ko green dev gift set, the orange gift set and yellow gift set all from kotoys.com, the yellow set does not have the g2 logos and such though.

really good quality, stickers come off the sheet easily and cut right and apply easily.

quality is really good too, i mean its a ko so it is not the same but best you are gonna get for the price.

7. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

how close is the color green and purple to the og? that would bother me most of all probably.

8. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    Yes for the ones I've said are an awesome buy and quality. Swoop isn't bad at all, I mean as long as you aren't throwing the damn thing I don't know why a lot of people haven't been so fond of it.

9. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The dinobots are pretty nice, but the paint does chip. You just need to be careful with them, and not expect absolute perfection. I have Slag/Grimmy/Swoop and I like them (especially considering what a genuine MIB dinobot would cost).

10. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

thanks for all the help. i dont know if i should get some of these ko dinobots and devastator now, or go for some encore seekers, jazz and trailbreaker. those are some of my favorites that arnt too expensive.

how long have these KOs been out? have their prices gone up or down? do they continue to make more of them regularly?

11. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

are we sure dinobots wont be legitimately released reissue wise in the near future? i know the rumor is they wont be reissued. how valuable is that intel?

i mean its been awhile since all those reissues were done. there arnt anymore coming are there? i know predaking is new, but thats all ive heard of. i guess the tru insecticons and perceptor were kinda recent also.

12. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    I'd go with both, if you prefer maybe some KO's and encore just pick the ones you want it doesn't have to be this or that. KO's prices seem to have been the same for the most part, the only thing I would worry about is if they stop making a certain high quality KO.

13. Noeldj

Noeldj DEVZ

Go to kotoys.com to see over 30 ko swwweeetttt G1 reissues inc 2 new swoops blue ehobby and 2 new crystal cassette twins lots of great stuff...

14. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

yeah i was just looking over there site. i might get all5 dinobots at once. :) 

15. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a persistent rumour at seibertron.com from some one "in the know" (apparently) that a Dinobot gift set is coming... I have no idea who this person "in the know" is, or his reputation, but others over there are pretty excited. Make of that what you will.

Regarding KOs or Encores - you have to ask!?! Always go for the official, decent stuff. A polished turd is still a turd - it's the same with KO's. Definitely go for the Encores - Jazz is excellent.

16. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I've been happy with my KO purchases so far. In fact, I just recently ordered a couple of more figures including the blue-chested Swoop to match my WST Swoop.
    I suspect I'll be just as happy with this purchase as I have been so far.
    It's a pretty good deal considering the price of an original MISB version.

17. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Totally off topic, but your Avatar is the dog's bollocks!

18. silverstreak70

silverstreak70 Well-Known Member

Check ioffer.com. They have some decent prices on ko's as well.

19. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    Welcome to the Boards!

This is an awesome place where you'll learn a lot.

The KO's are decent quality and very close to the originals.

I purchased a great majority of the KO's to compare to my originals and I was very impressed.

Here's a run down...

Devastator - Looks really nice and feels like the real thing, but be careful of samples that have QC issues. I had to return a set due to a figure being assembled wrong and another figure having two of the same arms.

Menasor - Probably the BEST KO Gestalt. Very nice!

Defensor - 2nd Best KO. The vibrant colors on Hot Spot are impressive.

Superion - Very good quality and close to the original, but even the original was a bit fragile.

Dinobots - All Dinobots suffer from sloppy red paint applications.

Grimlock - The dual blaster does not fit in the hand peg of Grimlock due to the gun handle being too big. Overall, Grimlock is the best KO Dinobot out of the others.

Swoop - One launcher does not attach to the wing. Some samples are missing paint application on the face. 2nd best KO Dinobot.

Slag - Quality is very decent compared to the original. 3rd best KO Dinobot

Snarl - Suffers from looseness in the arms and legs.

Sludge - Hind legs do not pull out all the way in dino-mode.

If you have anymore questions regarding the quality of other KO's... PM me and LMK which ones you want feedback on.

Also, KO's are not for everyone, but they are a great way to get your hands on MINT Transformers to use as place holders until you find the originals in the condition your happy with and willing to pay for.

20. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I have been looking for a place in the states to buy the KO devastator for a while now. Would rather not deal with Customs and all.

My friend has the highest end KO and he says there are very slight differences that to the untrained eye, they will never see. If you don't have an original, you will never know.

I have an original G1, but don't want to use it with my Crazy Devy Parts. Don't think it would be fair. I need that KO Devy!