KO Dai Atlus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by metrotitan, Jun 14, 2010.

1. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I lost this auction today, but the seller sent me a 2nd chance right away. Given that I was the third highest bid, this really confused me. It just doesn't seem like an item you'd necessarily have 2 or 3 of laying around (if it is in fact authentic).

Anyone have any idea if there is a KO going around (or how to tell if it is a KO or authentic)? Many thanks for anyone who can help. I'd like to get back to the seller by tonight if possible. Thanks!

Transformers Robot C-888 Made In China - eBay (item 360270158547 end time Jun-14-10 10:23:15 PDT)

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    C-348 is the official Takara release, and C-888 is the KO. So this is the KO.

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a good KO, but I can't believe it pulled over $150. I would have thought $50 or so.

I see you're in Buffalo and he's in St. Catharines... maybe you could meet up so you can check it out?

4. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you were the third highest bidder and immediately got a 'second chance' email, there's a good possibility you're being taken by a shill bidder scam.
    Run the price up, give someone a 'second chance' at the max they'd pay.

5. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually I would say that it is the worst KO I have.

I wouldn't pay over $50 for it...hell I wouldn't pay over $40 for it.

6. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow.....thank God I lost that auction. Thanks for the info., guys.

7. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I got that for about $30USD 7 years ago. It's a pretty good KO, but not worth more than 50 bucks.

I think most of the ones remaining on sale are the ones with the Batman logos painted on the wings (for some reason).

8. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Definitely shill bidding going on here - take a look at the bid history. The second high bidder with 10 feedback has made a 103 bids on 30 items, ALL belonging to this one seller. How much more blatant can you get?

Hey eBay, I thought you told us when you stopped showing bidder IDs you would use your secret powerful tools to nab shill bidders. Why don't you start using them?

Regarding the figure, wow that's way too much for this KO. I had one years ago, and I'd say $20ish is about all it's worth.

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd heard from others that it was a pretty good KO, but I've never owned it personally. I'd go with Deefuzz's recommendation.

10. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it just me that got annoyed that his description states box language is Chinese? I doubt ebay would care but would be nice to get him on a technicality ;) 

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    There's two C-888 versions I believe - the Batman wings one is pretty bad quality, but the clean wings are good.

I had the Batman wings one, it was pretty awful. I upgraded to the Brave version, Goryu, some years ago, and honestly, I prefer that version. Less accurate to the original but as far as repaint colors go it's pretty rockin'.

12. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    What does the Brave one look like? What are on the wings?

I believe there's a C-888 with Autobot symbols as well. Would that make for 3 C-888's or is that the same second one?

The Batman one I owned surprisingly had electronics - that worked!- but IIRC, there's another C-888 without electronics. That may be the Autobot-winged one.

13. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Here's Sol's pics of the Brave Dai Atlus/Goryu.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Wow, I got the real one almost ten years ago from Joel-BBTS and back then I paid almost 200$ for it, another way of telling if its a fake is that the micromaster in the real one is white where the fake one is grey.

15. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    I was the high bidder on it actually, and like the OP, I kinda didnt realize it was a KO at first. I just recently started to get back into collecting again, after a good few years hiatus, and have been more or less focusing on finishing a few JP figure collections I had going (which werent the focus of my interest back when, so admitedly a little rusty again now). I stumbled onto the auction within its final seconds and thought to myself wow, a badly titled/described dai atlas, nice price, sweet. Bid and won. A sec later I started to look at the picture a little more carefully, and some things like the wings being turned facing away, and esp the non colored micromaster, really kinda bothered me. I immediately busted out the google, checked up on c-888, and right away got that "oh f my life" feeling. Really hated being such a nub, but I nicely asked the auction holder if they would mind giving it to second highest bidders, and letting me just pay the difference + whatever fees they incur from my mistake. I also said of course that I would honor my bid, If they require me to. They agreed and said they will send out second chance offers that will last 24 hrs, and we can go from there. They got back to me the next day (I believe it was just me and the op being dumb tbh, 99% sure the other 10 fb bidder was an auxilary account the auction holder has), and said that no one accepted, but to not worry about it, that it was fine and they would just relist later. They officially closed the auction and let me off the hook thankfully, but I have a feeling it was because of the shady description and shill bidding, just not wanting to have any kind of confrontation arise from it.

I was just now googling it again to try to find even more information about it, and ironically stumbled onto THIS lol.. so, I thought I should share.

tldr version- It was me that won it, and wasnt a 100% scam auction.

16. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:

There is one with Autobot symbols. Mine had electronics, it made plenty of noise too, but the tank treads just did not work properly.

The plastic quality wasn't great either, had a somewhat brittle consistency to it.

17. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    With the kind of $$$ (USD $100+ upwards) that you're willing to put into a KO, I would recommend that you get the REAL stuff instead. :) 

18. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    I have it as well. Yes, it SUCKS. Worst KO I own.

19. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

I think the real one in a misb goes for anywhere from $400-$600 bucks, but there are always good deals on this guy if you look for it, he is the easiest to get out of the Zone robot/bases, or more common that is.

20. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Annd to this day Im still looking for my Dai Atlas.
    But yeah, KO Dai Atlas = meh!
    I guess we can all save up and get one..:lol 
    It Won't cost USD 400 for an MIB unused piece! :D