KO Cyb Sideways and G2 Dreadwing

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Schide, May 15, 2008.

1. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I saw this auction on Ebay which had 6 KO Sideways and a couple different colored KO Dreadwings, so I figured I'd give it a chance. I got them today and thought I'd take some pics and show them. This is the Sideways KO on the card.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see the coloring is a bit...crappy. Well, it can always be repainted. Ok, so I open one of them, actually the only one that came packaged in robot mode, and...

[​IMG]

D'oh, right off the card and it's broken. The plastic quality isn't very good, kinda lower grade KO stuff. The hip ball joints are also really loose and his head comes off really easily on the pegs where it connects.

[​IMG]

Speaking of the head, yeesh. That reminds me of some thing in some anime that I can't remember. Yeah. Obviously there's no cyber key so his shield doesn't activate or anything. The only other thing I'll mention is that it's bigger than Cybertron Sideways.

[​IMG]

In conclusion it's not very good. Probably only useful for like a repaint if you really wanted a different colored Sideways. But hey, I'll have five more for sale in my thread soon! So uh...yeah.

And of course we also have the KO Dreadwing. He is in fact smaller than normal so you couldn't put a Smokejumper or whoever with him. Oh well. There were two colors, this green and then a blue one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The plastic quality is the same as the Sideways KO, but he seems to be a little better put together. He only has the 6 missiles in his big gun and no place to put the other drop missiles on his wings.

[​IMG]

His arm guards are also put on differently, they don't really stay in very well so it's kind of hard to position his arms.

[​IMG]

Overall I'd say he's better than Sideways, if only he was normal sized it'd be a lot better, but what are you gonna do.

[​IMG]

2. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Wrong thread. I didnt know this was here either. Cool KOs though.

3. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, what the...when the heck did that sub-forum get there?

Thanks for moving it though, whoever did.

4. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I once said Sideways mould would look great in any deco...I take it back... :lol 

Having said that, the packaging is neat and I dig the size difference on both moulds. Thank you for sharing :) 

5. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

hahaha, oh lawd, what a horrible choice of colors for Sideways... So gross. :lol 

That said, if I saw one in a local store I'd probably still buy one. :scalper 

6. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, I'm most likely going to end up painting the Sideways I keep (assuming I even get rid of the other ones) Probably touch up the Dreadwings too.

Hmm, now I have to think of a good paint scheme that I can actually do. Anybody have any older Transformers whose color schemes might work with the mold? Besides Ratbat, of course.

7. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    Mindwipe. Onyx Primal. Batimus Primal. Convobat. Yeah, Sideways always struck me as very batty in design. Ratbat from that mold was totally my idea. Hasbro is making it for me. *glee*

8. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh yeah, there's some definite battiness going on with his design. Hmm, I'd really like to do a Mindwipe, although similar colors might be hard to come by. One of the bat Convoy color modes might be easier to do...thanks for the ideas.

Although this does give me another idea which isn't TF related...although I would like to not use too much black since Sideways already is primarily black...well I'll think about it.

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I got the Sharkticon from the same "wave" as I recall. Very low quality figure, but it didn't look too bad. If the plastic quality hadn't been crap, it would've been a good KO.

Mindwipe would be my first thought as well, but given Ratbat and Midwipe practically have the same color scheme, it seems redundant really.