KO crystal DIA Commander

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by beangrower, May 16, 2012.

1. beangrower

beangrower Well-Known Member

Don't know for sure if this has been reviewed...if it has, MODS please delete or merge thread. Thank you. I just recieved my crystal DIA Commander . overall, very loose in armor mode. Not bad in trailer mode.

so here's what you get.
    [​IMG]

it comes in a white box just like the one in the shattered glass review.
    notice the extra set of rocket launchers. I was hoping to get a clear black set, instead i get clear red and clear blue. Unlike the rocket launchers i reviewed earlier in the KO upgrade kit for city commander, these ones are nice and tight fitting...in fact, a bit too tight. it also came with a sword too.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

much like most cc ko's...this one is really lose. the legs are fine (not super tight) but holds well enough. the shoulders keep sliding off as well as the hands.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the launchers fit quite well on my official city commander...both colors anyway.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

like i said, in trailer mode, its great. this was actually the initial reason i bought it. need to find me a crystaql convoy now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    That's awesome! Finally a review on this set!

I have had my Crystal Convoy sitting here, and I've been itching to by this set, but I wanted to see more pics of it. I know Daelite sells them in his store, and I see a bunch on eBay. Are they the same?

Where did you get it so cheap?

Thanks again!

3. Squall42080

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    EDIT - Double Post

4. beangrower

beangrower Well-Known Member

I got it from eBay. Told myself if I could get under $50 shipped..I'd pick it up. Any particular mode...or shot ud like? Robot or alt mode? Still looking for a crystal prime myself. Just don't wanna pay an arm for it.

5. Squall42080

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I picked up Crystal Convoy right about the time he was crossing the $300 mark. That was a tough price to handle, but luckily I was able to work a trade to bring my final out-of-pocket cost to $100. That was definitely more manageable. It is a beautiful peace, and I'm been thinking about the buying the armor. I would just hate to damage the actual Crystal Convoy while trying to put it on.

Not sure if you have the Crystal Protector armor...but what are your thoughts on comparing the plastic quality? Does it feel like a KO...or does it feel very similar to the original City Commander. Any stress marks or problems with applying the armor to the figure (other than the sagging shoulder bits)?

I'd like to see it with the Crystal Protector if you have one! :)