KO Classics UM w/ Original CC Armor work?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CodeXCDM, Aug 4, 2011.

1. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So... I went on KOToys to grab a couple KOs for repaints/fodder... and figured I'd grab a UM since I can't find the official one without the price being extortionate (60+).

Now I found a CC+Addon kit for 200$, not the best deal (can't believe I *never* saw him on BBTS' restock)... but not exactly the worst either...

Anyway... does the KO UM work fine with the original City Commander armor kit?

Thanks.

2. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't think it would look too bad, but if you're already going to spend $200 on the add-on kit why not drop the extra money on the original? Nothing against KOs, I have plenty of them in my collection, just curious.

3. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exhorbitant. Not extortionate.

And I have no clue about UM but I assume it will be floppy as hell with the weight of the City Commander armor.

4. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    It's not too bad. I have the KOToys Ultra Magnus (with the blue cab) in a KO DIA Commander and it works. It's not too floppy at all, the joints are actually pretty good. The shoulders and gauntlets are loose, but I don't know if that's because of the KO Armor or the inner robot. I'll have a legit City Commander next week and can say more. I'll probably look for a legit Magnus at some point, but the KO is fine in a pinch.

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I have a legit DIA Commander that I want to know if the Blue KO Convoy fits in, no one seems to know.

6. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The KOLD versions probably fit better but the original kind of crappy KO UM does fit in real CC armor, though it can be a bit floppy and fit poorly in places. Also you might need to reverse one of the shoulders.

7. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    According to this post, the KOLD does not particularly fit better (although the paint is probably nicer), in fact the guy who responded there said the joints on his KOLD Prime were worse than the ones on the cheaper KO.

8. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll still be keeping an eye out for a Classics/Henkei UM... But, IMO, for a figure that will almost *never* be seen outside his armor, paying more than 50$ for it seems like a lot to pay. (Hell, I still feel like I shouldn't have bit the bullet and paid 200$ for the CC armor + accessories...)

I figured the KO UM should work despite the silly paint apps like red 'Con logos and the torso. At least for now...