KO City Commander worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by OptimushedPrune, Feb 25, 2012.

1. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    I know I'm a bit late to this party but I can easily get my hands on a classics Magnus and I like the look of CC but the price is a bit high considering I've been putting money towards MT Giant so I was wondering for the price is the KO worth getting?

2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Maybe - it depends how fussy you are about things being perfect. if you can find a way to support the loose shoulders they are otherwise more or less fine.

3. midicity

midicity Well-Known Member

The KO set is pretty nice. I have the KO City Commander and it fits on a KO classics figure pretty decently. To tighten, just stick some felt pads internally.
    Only thing is that I can't get the flipping number plate thingy to really flip. Other than that , joints can be tighted well well with Pledge Future Polish or Tamiya extra thin Cement.
    The paint apps are really decent as well

4. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Wasn't there some new, less partsforming Ultra Magnus in the works not long ago though?
    Personally, I hope a new CC gets made; as I don't own FP's CC, I guess I don't think he's worth it, no.

5. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I know from pictures that the KO City Commander is not exactly the same mold as the KO DIA & Shadow commanders. But it shouldn't be too far off and I can recommend those 2. Especially using an official figure underneath.

6. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    really want to get the ko shadow commander!

7. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    I have both an original and a KO City Commander. The KO is fine for displaying in trailer mode (I purchased it in order to be able to display City Commander in both modes), but the fit is off a bit in armor mode.

8. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    im interested to know if the KO CC works with both a non-KO prime/ultra magnus, as well as a KO version of Prime/UM.

9. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's fits fairly decently and decently but more loosely, respectively.

10. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I think it's to loose for Polish - it might need a bit of plastic or card to act as a buffer behind the arms.

The only real issue is the shoulders are not pinned or glued especially strongly so if they are forced to fit more tightly the joints can separate.

You might want to consider the clear tint or purple version and then if you get them at least it's unique and if you like those then the other colours can be gotten. if you find you like the mould but do not like the looseness then you would know to buy the official ones instead.