KO City Commander Released in China

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ki1983ng, Jul 10, 2009.

1. ki1983ng

ki1983ng Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi all, just like to bring to your attention that apparently after the KO Shadow Commander, a KO City Commander set is released.

On the 3rd page of this 'KO Shadow Commander Review' thread, user 'csepdi_do' commented that the KO City Commander (in his words: original colours) has very poor-fitting arm pieces (same as the KO Shadow Commander) which drop the moment the arms are pointing downwards. The leg pieces are however, tight-fitting. Couple of posters also share the same sentiment regarding the arm pieces.

Ò²¾ÍKTµÄÖÊÁ¿¡ª¡ª¾*µäÌìÔÖºÚÂí¼×ɽկ°æ·ÖÎö| ±äÐνð¸Õ×ÛºÏÌÖÂÛÇø - ACTOYSÄ£ÍæÍø - ÖÐÎÄÊÀ½ç×î´óµÄ±äÐνð¸ÕÍøÂçÉçÇø »ã¾Û±äÐνð¸ÕÍæ¾ß,ÆäËûÖ÷Á÷Ä£ÐÍ,¶¯ÂþÍæ¾ß - powered by phpwind.net

OP for this FP Aerialbots Appendages thread also posted that the KO City Commander set was released and asked whether anyone else bought it (last sentence of his post).

˳·á¸ÕËÍÀ´µÄ£¬FansProject| ±äÐνð¸Õ×ÛºÏÌÖÂÛÇø - ACTOYSÄ£ÍæÍø - ÖÐÎÄÊÀ½ç×î´óµÄ±äÐνð¸ÕÍøÂçÉçÇø »ã¾Û±äÐνð¸ÕÍæ¾ß,ÆäËûÖ÷Á÷Ä£ÐÍ,¶¯ÂþÍæ¾ß - powered by phpwind.net

edit: Actoys.net user 'lovemg' has posted a review thread with pics, (could mods edit my title please?)

Ò²¾ÍÖ»ÄÜ×ö¸ö¡°Õ¹Ê¾¡±µÄÃü~¸ÕÄõ½É½Õ¯Ô*É«Âí¼×µÄµÚÒ»ÊÖ·ÖÎö~ºÜÉÙµÄÎÄ×ÖºÍͼƬ| ±äÐνð¸Õ×ÛºÏÌÖÂÛÇø - ACTOYSÄ£ÍæÍø - ÖÐÎÄÊÀ½ç×î´óµÄ±äÐνð¸ÕÍøÂçÉçÇø »ã¾Û±äÐνð¸ÕÍæ¾ß,ÆäËûÖ÷Á÷Ä£ÐÍ,¶¯ÂþÍæ¾ß - powered by phpwind.net

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

summary of his review:
    1. Flimsy packaging box
    2. Very weak trailer connection
    3. Loose shoulder piece
    4. Ultra Magnus' guns doesn't fit into the shoulder piece (too loose, had to jam 'something' in the hole)
    5. Very loose arm pieces (had to jam a piece of plastic inside)
    6. BFG doesn't snap together properly

He gives it a 8 for trailer mode & a 7 for bot mode, only recommends it for display purposes.

Attached Files:

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It was only a matter of time for this to pop up. There were rumors the KO Shadow Commander was done by some fans, or ties to another fan group. Seeing how these 3rd party products are geared towards a small group, I guess there could be some truth to it.

3. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    It is selling at 9800 yen and up in Japan already.
    Quality is really bad. But those who got the kit says Shadow Commander KO is better then the City Commander KO.

4. Venksta

News Credits:
    There are a lot of people who missed out on City Commander's release. So I can see this KO being popular, unless FansProject releases a "perfect" City Commander with missiles and extras. The only problem is fans who have the original will get mad, and others will complain for repainting it a second/fourth time, or for some other reason.

5. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    Rather then pumping out the old City Commander kit and add parts to make it "perfect", I would rather see a second/revised version of the City Commander kit from them. I won't say the kit is not good, but I really want to see it evolves into something else.

6. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

Display wise that's not a bad looking KO.

7. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    i was kinda hoping for a more high quality KO because i missed out on the city commander i have the shadow commander and want the D.I.A. Commander.

8. Mr.Sci-Fi

Mr.Sci-Fi Bite my shiny Metal (_l_)

News Credits:
    I'll buy one if I can get it for under $100, I'd buy a fansproject one just as fast if they offered it again. All that matters to me is getting one or a knock off at a reasonable price. It's actually nice to see someone stepping up and filling demand even if the product has a few small defects from the original. Maybe it will stop businesses from limiting their products so much.

9. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i want one the original was far too expensive plus you cant get it anywhere

10. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm really glad I bought the original when it first came out. I would hate to buy today and find out after that was a KO with poor quality. But if you missed it and can't find it, some may take what they can get. Poor souls.

11. Jordo02

Jordo02 Well-Known Member

Sold! jk

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

The only reason that I'd even consider picking up KO's of the City/Shadow Commander sets (outside of the fact I'd ALSO need an example of the Classics Prime mold, which I STILL lack...) is for customization reasons, since I'd not bring an Exacto knife anywhere NEAR the real deals (too awesome and valuable for that). For the KO's, however, I could probably make interchangeable battle damage parts for the real armors while not hurting the actual toy.

13. kamtimus_prime

kamtimus_prime Radicon Visionary

Well for a KO it does not look that bad in either mode. I think with some mods it could be just as good as Fansprojects. I was lucky enough to get an orginal FP City Commander kit, seeing how popular the City Commander kit is. I only hope is that FP will see this and reproduce the City Commander upgrade kit with the shoulder missiles and also have a missile add on kit for the people who have the first release kit

14. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I might try to get a KO, if it's cheap enough. Alot you could do with this armor

15. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    Wow, KO's of fanmade products. LOL, what is this world coming to? ;) 

16. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Worse part is this KO is about 110. 9800 yen comes out to $106. That is more expensive than the original release. Whose going to pay money for a low quality KO of a fan made product at a set point higher than the original release. I guess the original FP set does go for more than 180 now.

17. thedeadmatrix

thedeadmatrix Well-Known Member

I will buy if they got em out on ebay cheap. Fansproject should consider teaming up with hasbro for a leaderclass then ill buy it for real.

18. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    You'll be glad to know that FP will reissue City Commander again at the last quarter of this year. ;) 

19. Venksta

News Credits:
    The KO makers of this know there are crazy fans who are willing to pay more than what the original cost. Just like those KO Cliffjumper kits, that are being sold for like over $70, when the original cost $30. Their doing their wallets a favor, not the fans. :lol 

20. thedeadmatrix

thedeadmatrix Well-Known Member

lol i could imagine an auction house man saying sold