KO Bruticus aka "Wagon Soldier"

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Bobby Lemain, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

"Rescus Robot Transformer"
    ...no I didn't spell that wrong, "Rescus"
    The Box
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The box was fairly cheap looking as do all KOs that weren't masterfully made and had alot of misspelled words and surprisingly didn't come with instructions. On the back, were the words "Collect Then All" I wonder what that means... There are also four rectangles advertising the four Rescus Robots that are in production. Apparently at the store I went to there was 5 boxes. Of the same toy. Yay. (grrr no superion)

The Robot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pictures speak a thousand words so all I have to add to the 3000 I already wrote, is this:
    -smelly
    -cheap
    -mis-colored
    other then that, its perfect and comes with everything exept for the blasters that go on Vortex's tail

Also, as all G1 robots are, he is a brick with arms legs and a head (to sum up how "awesome" his joints are)

Transformation
    Transformation is exactly like the real one goes exept one of the tails on Vortex was manufactured poorly and it broke off including the peg so I suppose I'll have to glue it back on later. Otherwise transformation is straightforward going by the picture but if you look closely at the picture on the back of the box, his legs aren't his! lol. So, I took a look at botch's website and followed the real instructions.

The Combaticons alone are pretty shoddy and aren't worth keeping them in bot mode (their heads, arms, and legs looks terrible)
    [​IMG]
    (theres Blast-Off's Head)

Overall, this $12 KO is pretty good for its price and with a little paint and reprolabels, he can be a pretty cheap alternative. As long as you don't break him...

If I can figure out how to take the pins for the wheels off then I might just make an electrum coated bruticus since I don't exactly like his current colors (although they aren't that bad)

2. Bobby Lemain

It turns out I was wrong. This is not a KO of bruticus but in fact a KO of the 2000 Japanese Baldigus who happens to be a repaint of bruticus. Just to clear things up. and judging by this picture:
    [​IMG]
    Its actually the right colors! So, overall this KO is actually pretty good!

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    This looks really good. As long as it TFs it's good for a display peice. I hope they do that Liokaiser! That would be awesome! Do all the smaller bots come with all their weapons?

Also, it's Car robots Baldigus, not ruination. Ruination was grey instead of gold.

Can you post a group shot of all the smaller bots?

4. Bobby Lemain

They have LioKaiser, Defensor, Superion, and Baldigus. Exept the lady of the store only bought the Baldiguses... =( Oh well. Here are the pics of the smaller bots. btw, all weapons are present exept for the canons for Ro-Tor and Movor. grrr oh how I like the G1 names better...

I probably mis transformed the Commandos but w/e:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^size comparison with a RID sideburn

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Thanks!:thumb 

6. Toonces

Toonces Domo

Ebay:
    Is smells?

Like some sort of petroleum after odor?

7. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    I'd kitbash that! :D 

8. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thread resurrection!

I've picked up a small version of Ruination KO (from the same series as mini Fort/Brave Max) and wondering if it's worth opening it. I like how it's packaged and have the real Ruination so if the quality is crappy I might as well keep him sealed.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :) 

9. Astoriacrew

Astoriacrew Well-Known Member

I had that set once a couple of years back. Also had a KO yellow Devastator, but it broke into many pieces. Same for Bruticus, the heads snapped off, and got rid of the entire set into the garbage. So glad I have the Encore set.

10. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

I've always wondered about the Liokaiser KO: why did they replace Hellbat with a shrunken-down and remolded Doubledealer?

I got a mini Bruticus/Valdigus a while ago, but I have to say, I'm impressed with the mini Brave KOs, especially the miniature Super Build Tiger. I have the real thing, and the fact that they reproduced it to a fairly decent degree at 1/10th the height (and six bucks at Tuesday Morning!) is very impressive.

11. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    personally I wouldn't open it unless you have 2... they are amazing figures WHILE IN THE PACKAGE!

once out, the WST brute/ruin/Bald-figure will disappoint you...

the only figure that takes a robot form is the core - truck, to robot, to core, to base... etc...

the smaller appendage figures only take vehicle form, but you can kinda see robot forms on the jeep and tank if you leave them in leg-mode without the combiner feet attached. week sauce.

in the package, you'll always want to open it and mess with it... once it's out of the package, you'll kick yourself wishing you never did.

but - - possitive note, these are the right size to use the combiner parts (feet, head, cheast shield, etc) for kitbashing with PCC figures.

hope that helped, I just found this post, didn't mean to resurrect but thought the info was warranted.

12. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

they found out Hellbat murdered Deathcobra and Doubledealer thought joining the Brest Force would be more lucrative!!!

or else it was mould damage/loss.

-