KO Browning

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CerebralSin, Sep 21, 2008.

1. CerebralSin

CerebralSin The Cerebral Assassin

Hey, I have been searching every board and google for KO Browning info. I have found only couple of pics. A lot have led to me to expired eBay auctions. So what I am asking is how much do KO Brownings go for. Also are there many different types of KO for Browning? Is there the "best" KO for it? Also the pics I saw of KO Browning are great but in gun mode the middle seems like there is a hump where the shoulders are in gun mode. is it because its like that for all kos or is it like that for all of them.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If I'm getting what you mean correctly, the hump is because of how he's designed:
    [​IMG]
    The head is spring loaded; when he's in gun mode this can push the tops of his shoulders up, creating the hump.
    This is my Browning KO:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Made by Kingdam. Quality-wise, it's pretty nice; as you can see, the weapons aren't chromed like the original's. I paid around $40 for it a couple of years ago.

3. CerebralSin

ya, thats what i mean. like some times in gun mode the gun doesnt seem to keep together "flush" and the hump occurs. is it just the way the ko is? or does this occur with the real version too? i heard this guy is selling for 85 dollars? i hear that ko browning use to go for like 40 or 50 like how much u bought it for but now it can go for over 100. so is 85 ok price?

also whats the main difference and flaws with the ko compared to the real one.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    TF one looks less humpy. The pre-TF one does seem to have the hump though (at least in this example):

Yahoo! It's a boom-stick!

5. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    How much is it?

6. CerebralSin

As long as the material and quality is up to par then im happy. dont really mind the weapons, the takara label thing and stickers. hopefully the hump isnt too noticable or wont bug me too much.

is 85 an ok price?

7. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone have or sell reproduction Browning fists? I need two sets...

Weird story... I was trolling ebay last year and found a poorly listed lot with a complete stickers unapplied G1 Megatron and a Browning with a few accessories, and won it for cheap... also won a big lot of mixed stuff that I split with my little brother, and there was a Browning in that. The one with the Megatron turned out the be a KO, but the one in the lot turned out to be a real Diaclone Browning in better condition than the KO. Now I have two Brownings, two guns, and one good fist...

8. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If it's complete in the box with paperwork, $85 probably is fairly average. He seems to jump around a bit.

I actually have the blue-legged Microchange version (Takara copyright stamp), with 1 of each fist (no weapons or bullets), that I'll be sellling soon. Unfortunately the way the ankles are designed on this toy, makes it very prone to breakage (so be careful with yours). My Microchange version, both of his have broken, but one is repaired and can be transformed fine as long as you hold the ankle firmly while transforming. I'd recommend doing that with ANY version of this toy. The shoulder area for mine is also broken inside the barrel, but even with that, he still displays fine in robot mode (the barrel droops in gun mode though).

Browning is a seriously sweet figure though (hence why I splurged for a Masterforce version). He very tough looking :) . From what I understand, the KO/Robokingdam versions are just as high quality as the Takara versions (minus the chrome weapons of course).

9. CerebralSin

does anybody know a place with more pictures of the ko browning? or does anyone want to post more of their own?

10. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i took gallery photos of my Kingdam KO browing with reprostickers last year. the pictures are up in the gallery section right up there ^^^

i also make and sell repro stickers for all 3 version of browning, and repro bullets. no fists though. not yet.

11. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

What's with that weird twisty-looking bullet at the bottom of the left-hand sprue..?

12. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Never realized how awesome Browning looked until now. I want one now!

13. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I have 2 of the 3 versions and the kingdom knockoff. The gold one is especially nice but as far as quality goes, all are about the same. The knockoff is just fine and if you can score some chrome guns you will not know the difference (other than the stamping of course) $85 for a complete boxed one is good.

14. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I got a D-308 TF version one but it is sealed so I can't help out with any pictures :-(

15. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, there's only one KO Browning, the 'Kingdam' one. The quickest way to ID it is no trademark. The KO yellow plastic is also distinguishable from the real one, it is a brighter yet duller colour/texture. The real version has either red or blue as the other plastic color...blue is more rare than red...and the authentic version was released both as pre-transformers version and japan-only transformers version.

The bootleg's value depends on condition and completeness (i.e. fists, guns, bullets, box/insert). A boxed minty bootleg is maybe worth around $100. A loose complete c7-8 one is maybe worth $50-80, anything incomplete is worth less. His value, even for the bootleg, has seemed to go up a fair bit in the last year and a bit so some people who got good deals a few years ago's prices aren't reflective of the current market.

16. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw a complete KO Browning sell on ebay for 20 bucks last month.

17. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Moulding screw-up, I expect, due to it being a KO. Personally, I like to think of it as BREAD. For his BREAD GUN. [/Eddie Izzard]

18. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is how much I paid for mine MIB. :) 

19. sunstreaker1980

sunstreaker1980 Titan master!

Now I'm buying it

20. POSSESSED_DIGIT

POSSESSED_DIGIT WE ARE NUBBY THUMB!!

News Credits:
    Where from?