KO Black Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Brakescream, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    I'm not sure how well KO reviews are taken here, but I see they've been done before, have they been done with such a bad camera before? Who knows, but here goes.

Incidently, if they are wanted, I will try and take some better pics in due course.

I used to own G1 Starscream, back in the day, but let me tell you about mine. I got him with a bunch of other TFs (Inferno, Sunstreaker and some others I forget) in a disused ice cream tub for about £2. He had no hands, no missiles, and no launchers to put no missiles in. The reason I'm telling you this is, if I seem to excited about the accessories that come with my new SS, this is why.

So, onto today's purchase. I picked him up at a market stall for £5. Even though he's a KO, I don't think I did too badly. I just wish I'd had money with me when I first saw him Friday when there was also a 'ghost' variant.

Here's the box.
    [​IMG]
    Quite decent IMO. Has bio and stats on the back with a nice misspelling on his motto 'Conquest is made up of the eshes of one's enemies'

Inside the box, he looks like this.
    [​IMG]
    In case the pic is just too bad, included with him are;
    Hands, 4x missiles 2 sets of different types. One has already gone AWOL by the time I took this picture. Landing gear that clips into nose of jet. Pretty damn good IMO (But bear in mind I don't know if G1 Starscream would've had this stuff.

Oh and stickers!
    [​IMG]
    Now I was quite excited to see these, but I have since found out they suck I don't think they were printed for a figure this size, they rip very easily when trying to remove them from the backing paper, when removed you find out they were stuck to the backing paper much better than they will ever stick to your Starscream. A shame as I liked the idea, and the fact you had a choice of 3 different 'eyes' was good. But I pretty much gave up and just put the Decepticon insignias on his wings.

Alt Mode
    [​IMG]
    He's actually pretty similar to my old G1 (except the colour obviously) He's pretty well put together in jet mode. I don't own any other KOs, but if this is typical quality, I'm actually quite impressed. I was also pleased to note the canopy opens.
    There is another main difference however. This guy is tiny so I can't do like I used to with my old toy and put a pilot from an airfix kit in there.

I don't have anything sensible to use for a size comparison, so here he is with ROTF Voyager Starscream.
    [​IMG]

Transformation
    The basics are the same as G1. However the tail fins are supposed to pop off and be put back on in robot position, when I seem to remember my old SS simply rotating his. A lot of it does involve pulling something off and re-attaching it in a different position. (wings, missile launchers etc)

Robot Mode
    [​IMG]
    I know this pic absolutely sucks. But again, very similar to G1, only very tiny. The arms on mine were quite loose, but everything else was quite decent, although as anyone else who's owned a G1 seeker knows, articulation aint really their strong point.

Side view
    [​IMG]

Overall
    Todays Transformers toys offer a lot more in terms of articulation and play factor, but for a good dose of pocket-sized nostalgia, these KOs are just the thing.

Again I'm not sure if this is even helpful as a review, and I know I can waffle on a bit, but I enjoyed my little trip down memory lane, so I hope I've shared it on some level.

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Pretty neat, did'nt know he was so small.

I guess there's no die cast on him eh?

Would like to get 3 or 4 of these, or 9 .

3. Brakescream

News Credits:
    Actually the gold bits and the wheels of his tiny landing gear are die cast.

I'm tempted to grab a couple more if there's any left next week. The guy also had Ramjet, Ghost Ramjet, Dirge and Sunstrom (spelt as on box)

4. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

There's a dozen of these. The original six, "ghost" versions of Starscream and the coneheads, black Starscream, and Sunstorm.

5. monkeydluffy

monkeydluffy Agent of Hydra

which market did you get it from if you dont mind me asking?

6. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    What he said ^

^___^

7. Brakescream

News Credits:
    Wimborne (south England near Bournemouth). There's a guy there with loads of Star Wars figs and other merchandise (Dr Who etc) these were on a small shelf where everything was marked £4.99 clearance.

8. monkeydluffy

monkeydluffy Agent of Hydra

damni wish it was closer. i'd love any of the knock off seekers. dont suppose you could pick me one or 2 up next time if they have any left? obviously i'd pay. no probs if you cant tho

9. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

I have the whole set of these they are great quality and a nice size. I would totally recommend them to any seeker enthusiast