KO Beast Wars Grimlock and Dinotron at Kohl's

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rayzilla Prime, May 24, 2011.

1. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I haven't heard mention of these until I saw them myself, but if I missed out on the discussion, I apologize for wasting your time. :) 

Anywho, over the weekend, my girlfriend and I stopped by Kohl's because her birthday was yesterday, so I was gonna get her something. And as usual, the Transformers nerd in me has to go see if there's any new Transformers that Wal-Mart isn't putting on the shelf. Nothing of interest. Then I passed by the kids' clothes section (yeah, I am nowhere close to sounding like a pedophile right now ;) ), and there were kids' shirts with bonus toys packaged with them. That's when I almost screamed like the place was on fire - one of these bonus toys was none other than BEAST WARS GRIMLOCK.

(For those of you who don't know, he's basically a repaint of Beast Wars Dinobot).

It was obviously a KO because of the packaging, and...well, how many Beast Wars Grimlocks have you seen on sale at Kohl's lately? And because where there's one, there should be another - and right there with him was Dinotron (the Pachycephalosaurus retool), though he was a much darker green.

Talk about nostalgia overload. I apologize for not having pics, and I'm not sure how good of quality the plastic is on them since I didn't buy one. But next time one of you guys goes to Kohl's, check it out.

2. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I usually avoid Kohls unless I'm desperate to find a figure. They tend to be more expensive than any other stores I frequent.....

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is unacceptable.

You should really make it a point to go back & take photographs of the children's clothing for the sake of posting them on the internet.

4. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Sounds like the same ones that were being sold at Wal-Mart a few months ago. They're actually not bad for KO's...
    [​IMG]

5. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

True. Part of the reason I didn't buy 'em. :p 

Sorry, but I forgot to mention in the OP that my phone hasn't been in good shape for some time now, otherwise I'd have taken pictures right then and there. Plus, do you really think I'm gonna waste gas just for the sake of taking a picture of a damn toy?

That be them. Thanks, Nightwind. Good to see someone was courteous enough to help out by providing pictures. :) 

6. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Hell, this Grimlock might not suffer from GPS like the real one :lol