KO Battle Tanker Question.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Ceerad, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just picked up an SG Optimus on eBay.
    I want to pick up the Purple Battle Tanker to go along with it.
    TOYMODA.COM - ROBOT IN STOCK
    I need to know how the quality is on the KO Battle Tanker.

2. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

I think the only way to get a purple battle tanker is to get the KO - unless I missed something, Maketoys has only ever released the one standard version and the repaints were all KOs.

I can't answer your question about the quality, but if you really want a purple battle tanker for him, KO is the only way to get one.

This begs the question: if a KO is made in colors other than the ones originally available, are you buying a KO? I mean, it's a copy, right, no arguing there. But it's also available in an original color scheme. So it's less a KO and more... cheap imitation?

3. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The quality on my KO battle tanker is generally very good. It's quite difficult to tell apart from the real one I also have. The only thin I have noticed on mine is the quite poor led on the sword.

So id say the purple one will be almost the same as that. Hope this helps

4. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks nellie131. I have the original Battle Tanker as well. Good to hear that the KO quality is pretty good. Not too concerned with the LED. Just want to make sure it fits together well in tanker mode and the bot mode parts aren't too loose. If I can get my hands on a SG Ultra Magnus, I may go in on that KO Tanker as well.

5. rosewater

rosewater Well-Known Member

i read a bunch of reviews for the KO, and the consensus has been that it's a very high quality reproduction. so i bought one a couple days ago. I'm waiting for it to arrive from China. Now I want one for my FSS Scourge and my O.P. from the Ultimate gift set. Maketoys would be crazy to ignore all these re-mouldings of RTS O.P., but the knocker-offers seem to be paying attention!

6. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, I have FSS Scourge and Ultimate gift set on Preorder at BBTS too.
    How sweet would it be if all 5 releases (6 if you count Henkei) got a unique Battle Tanker.

7. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I only have the KO and not a legit MT Tanker, but quality overall is better than I was expecting out of a knockoff. Only problem I have with mine is that the arms of the outer tanker shells are a bit loose at the hinges, but I also have them hanging off the back rather than in the figure's hands, so that could account a bit for that because of the weight and all.

8. Jigga

Jigga Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have both the KO and the original Battle Tanker and I can say the plastic and the fit of the pieces are like almost the same. Only bad job on the KO is the head sculpt and the handle of my LED sword is a bit off. But for a quarter of the price its worth it. I bought the KO for my RTS prime while the original went on shattered glass Ultra Magnus.

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Be warned, the face looks like shit compared to the real thing.

10. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I probably won't swap out the SG Prime head anyway.