KO Battle Tanker in the works

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by jerminator, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:

Interesting...

Veeeeeeery interesting....

2. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If it is iGear, and if the reason why my $220 is still dead money is because they are focusing on knocking stuff off fast and cheap instead of getting out their own product, I'm going to be pissed off.

3. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YES!

4. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Cents.

5. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

tw*ts a great one too.

6. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guess I'm your opposite. I hardly ever swear at all, but have no problem with posting that as it was a joke based on the post I quoted.

Didn't think anyone would be offended. Certainly not sailors :thumbs2: 

7. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'm personally more interested in repaint potential than a straight copy - as nice as the original tanker is - I actually would like the colours to more closely resemble the toy it fits on - by having blue hands for example.

And the trailer would looks so much cooler chromed anyway. It's not a huge amount of use though unless CHMS copy the cab too as the front part is actually quite hard to get now - and Hasbro have still yet to repaint it in a worthwhile way anyhow. and without a black or white cab repaints can only work for the Botcon one - and that's quite a limited market.

Sometimes KO give you things that do not exist in official form like a legends Animated Ramjet in show colours for example.

8. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    if its cheap enough ill bite, I love the look of that armor and I actually own the Prime mold lol

9. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If I may humbly suggest a modification...tw@twaffles.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    haha, nice one

11. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

oh dont get me wrong I like a good swear word every now and then but that one is just nasty. I bet if you ask any lady about that word and you will get the look of death LOL

12. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Too bad for 3rd party companies if this become a trend... wich i think it is already!

Btw, did the FP Insecticons KOs ever came out? Anyone got pics or comparisons?

13. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
  14. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I was going to ask about those too.

15. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    iGear made up the PP thing to try and distance themselves for legal reasons. The MP Prime and Seekers were all manufactured by them. Like Transbot said, if your in the know, or part of 3rd party circles, you will have knowledge about a lot more information not even known about, on these boards.

As about selling the molds, as you mentioned, only a moron would do that. Any good business man would hold on to the molds, or destroy them. FP selling the Insecticon molds is pure suicide. Since their main customers, the retailers, still carry stock of the product, they would be killing the sales of by allowing KOs to appear on the market in cheaper form.

In case you or any one does still believe they sold the molds, the photo comparisons already show the KO makers made new mold toolings, due to the differences between the real FP insecticons and the KOs. If the same tooling was used, their molding would be a perfect match, and the only way to tell them apart would be a consistent inferior paint job, which KOs always have, for most cases.

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    FansProject has complained about the KOs of their products, starting with the KO City Commander.

No one sells their damn molds.

17. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    If they made more of them they'd expand to meet the demand and then the need for KO's would be drastically reduced. with Fansprojects stuff often it's hard to get or just that little bit to expensive to b an impulse buy. you think to yourself oh i'll watch some reviews of that - but by the time people have them in hand to review the stock has all gone.

I mean seriously they could have easily made triple the number of Insecticons and sold the lot.

18. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

There's nothing saying MakeToy couldn't reissue the Battle Tanker. FansProject took some of the profit made from the Shadow Commander redeco to go into a new production run of City Commander sets, this time adding accessories.

MakeToy just needs to come up even first. I'm sure a second production run will happen when they make some profit.

19. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    i love your sig photo.

20. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Battle Tanker is still easily available at online retailers. Even BBTS has it. The KO coming out hurts the sale for the real one big time, along with hurting Maketoys. If Battle Tanker was sold out already, it would be a less of an impact on Maketoys. The fact these KOs for the FP Insecticons, MT Battle Tanker, and now rumors of the Gaint KO, only show that who ever these KO makers are, its more than making profit for them, to do these projects so close while the originals are still in the market.

City Commander's KO did not come out until the first version was sold out. But by then, that figure had built up a big reputation, and when FP released it, two more times, it sold out quickly. The KO didn't affect it. For Maketoys, Battle Tanker hasn't had enough time to gather enough acclaim to be a really good 3rd party product. So even if MT sell out, they might not ever be able to make anymore, due to the KOs being available, or hurting the toy's rep.