KO Alt Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CyberShadow, Nov 8, 2009.

1. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Well, the seller has been cool about it, but of course wants the item back for a refund (which is fair enough). The problem is that the figure was cheap (which was my first clue!) and postage back will likely be 2/3 of what I paid anyway.. I am tempted to keep him and maybe repaint him.

2. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    Well, I received the Alt Rodimus I bought off of Amazon today and it is definitely a KO when compared with that guide. :(  I paid about $35 for it with shipping, but if I were to get a refund and buy another one from a different seller, it would cost me an additional $30 on top of what I originally paid with shipping. I have not opened it, but the toy itself looks to be of great quality. However, the fact that its a KO remains. So, should I keep this or spend more money and get an authentic? To those who have KO Rodimus, is his quality on par with other official alternators?

3. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Based on the info I got here, it sounds like I got a KO, too. Assuming that's the case, the quality of mine is equal to that of my Alt Mirage figure. Nice tight joints, quality plastic...prior to reading about it here I had no clue or reason to think it wasn't official. So assuming what we have is the same, the answer to your question is yes.

4. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    Thanks for replying. I may just consider keeping him then. I asked the seller for a partial refund, so if they can do that I will definitely keep him.

BTW, I found that the easiest way to tell is by looking at the "P" in the phrase "Opening engine cover!" on the back of the box. If it is weird looking and the font for the rest of the phrase is very bold, then it is a KO.

5. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

My box was missing the indented number serial number, so that's probably the easiest tell. On the figure itself, most of the things seemed they could go either way...is it typical Hasbro QC or is it a KO? The hood logo didn't look particularly blurry, but maybe it's not as tight and crisp as it absolutely could be, the license plate looked okay, the Ford sign...again, is it lacking, I dunno...not particularly. But the "Cybertronian" or whatever is in the tires did look bolder than on my Mirage figure. A lot easier to make comparisons to an in hand figure rather than trying to compare minor difference between photos off the internet. But between my figure being a prime candidate to be a KO (purchased off eBay from a seller in China) and showing signs of the tells, I figure it’s gotta be. It's of so high quality, though, that it's hard for me to say I know with 100% certainty it's the KO. Put it this way, it wouldn’t be hard for someone who knew what they were talking about to convince me it was official…so that should speak volumes as to its quality.

6. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I agree. If I had not known, I would assume that it was slightly worse quality than Mirage because it was SDCC, but I wouldnt have thought that it was a KO.

But, like you, I have a moral issue with being sold a KO that I thought was authentic.

7. kajobaldisimo

kajobaldisimo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    bought another one to keep MISB and upon comparing to the one i have on my shelf, the MISB one is definitely a knock off.

seller placed '100% GENUINE / ORIGINAL' on his ebay listing so maybe he isn't aware.

i'm making him aware now. that cash will be refunded and will go to better use (HA skids)

thanks for this thread

8. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for this thread. I just got a KO Rodimus from ebay today myself. Only cost $10 with shipping. Great price. It's definitely this KO.