KO Aerialbots at Wal Mart

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by unicron's blues, Mar 26, 2007.

1. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Don't know if this has been posted or not but with easter around, WM has a bunch of easter basket type things for sale and one of them had knockoff Aerialbots.

[​IMG]

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Not really news, there's knockoffs in easter baskets every year... K-Mart has the Aerialbots, too.

3. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    "Mommy, the Easter Bunny bwought me some cheap pwastic pwanes that fall apart!"

4. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

Plane modes: OK.

Robot Modes: Lame, specially the big one (Silverbolt?)

Superion Mode: Lamest, the thing can't stand. It falls always. Why the heck did I buy this thing?

5. agravlin

agravlin Bearer of Reason

Super Ultra Mega Happy Fun Changeable Robot Fighter Planes Good Hopping! HAI!

6. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    'cause it was cheap, and the siren call of transforming robots is stroooong! ;) 

7. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

I always look forward to seeing those guys around Easter. Haven't seen any around here, though.

8. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    K-Mart here has one with a weird orange raptor that transforms, but it's a realistic raptor. Couldn't make out if it was a knockoff of someone I'd recognize though, anyone bought that one to tell?

9. TheJacker

TheJacker Banned

how much did the aeirial bots one cost

10. TheJacker

TheJacker Banned

plz can someone tell me how much they cost? i want to get em but the trip is far and if i dont have aenough its a waste so can someone plz tell me the price

11. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Thx for the Heads up.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    If you look at the photo in the first post, you can see that it costs $9.74. I saw these and decided to pass and get a Venom action figure and the Dice game from Dead Man's Chest instead.

13. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I bought a KO set at CVS on clearance for $5. Im very happy with it. Its a good quality KO, the only down side being the craptastic stickers and the loose arm joints on the limbs. But Superion stands fine, I have him on a shelf at work and never had a problem getting him to stand.

14. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I bought one of the Easter baskets from Wal-Mart last year and threw the toy away. It was the shitty as hell, even by KO standards.

15. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

These ko's sets usually (or used to) sell for $5 a set alone, and should'nt be sold for any more IMO.
    Occasionally you'll find a ko set that's in good shape, but most of the time each has their own unique flaws like excessive flash, poor assembly with screws with limbs that fall off, offset decals, cloudyness from the plastic not mixing well in the mold machine etc..

Once combined they can be a real pain in the ass. Mess with one piece and another falls off , the fix that piece and another one falls off somewhere else.
    Tempted to just superglue mine and just leave them alone for display purposes only

All my ko Superions want to fall foward from Silverbolts legs being too loose

16. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I own 7 KO's and never had a problem with mine.. They are just for display though , i never play with them, or the orginals for that matter.. I guess if i played with them i would notice the little things..

17. Irony

Irony fangirl

I have a set of KO Aerialbots. Not this pack, and I have no assessories for Superion, but the five robots. Real fun! I remember I bought them (used, and the seller kept Superio's feet, head, weapons etc) and sat on the train. It was cca three hours to come home, and I spent most of it with carving the plastic, getting rid of the old stickers, the molding problems, etc. When I arrived home, I oiled the stuck joints and lacked the loose joints, carved the tail parts of the limb-robots so that they could transform easier. Painted them, ordered rubsigns from Reprolabels. Simply put: I had fun with them. Great fun. And it was really, really heart-touching for me to turn a few pieces of cheap plastic into Transformers.

18. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I agree, it is kinda fun to take a crappy KO and make it somewhat decent. I did that with a KO Devastator and he's nearly as good as an original now (after LOTS of carving, gluing, etc.).

19. Irony

Irony fangirl

Yes, and you're free to change them... I mean, I would never (hm?) start carving the tail parts of a real G1.

20. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    A year old thread:eek: 

Really? I mean really??