KO’s versus Originals

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CURAMEN, Feb 10, 2011.

1. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    Just a thought...

KO’s versus Originals… They are still just TOYS!

Without a doubt, everyone here is passionate about Transformers... We ALL love the TOYS and have our own personal attachments to them.

We love them because they take us back to our childhood memories of a time when things were simple. The TOYS brought us a sense of joy, amazement, creativity and imagination. They were (and still are) cool, exciting and fun to play with. Most of us spent many hours of our childhood watching the cartoon, playing with the TOYS and excited about every opportunity to get new TOYS.

When you were young...

Do you remember the excitement of going to department stores with your folks or looking through department store advertisements and telling them what you wanted for your birthday and/or Christmas?

Were you fortunate enough to get every Transformers TOY that you have ever wanted or were you only allowed to get just a few?

Remember how cool it was when we tore the packages open, got the TOY out, put the stickers on and played with them for hours?

Do you remember bringing your TOYS everywhere you went and having a great time playing with them with your friends and/or family members?

Did you ever say to yourself that one day when you get older that you will buy everything you never had the opportunity to get when you were younger?

Times were simple then... They were just TOYS and all that mattered was that they kept you preoccupied, entertained and above all, HAPPY!

We are ALL older now and things have changed… The times have changed, but our childhood memories and personal attachments to things we loved when we were young still remain. We have responsibilities now that we never had when we were younger and most of us, if not all of us, turn to Transformers (TOYS) as an outlet to relieve stress, get away from the real world demands of life and remember a time when it was all about fun.

Without going into further details, I guess all I’m saying is…

KO verses Originals… At the end of the day, they are still just TOYS after all.

Everyone has his or her own personal reasons on what to collect, how to collect and why to collect.

There is no right or wrong way to enjoy our hobby.

Nobody can discredit true passion.

Be cool, respect others in their choices and may your collection grow to your heart’s extent based on your own personal preferences.

One thing remains a constant with ALL of us… We ALL still love TRANSFORMERS, especially the TOYS!

So buy what you like, enjoy each new addition to your collection and see you on the boards! :thumb 

PS - Enjoy your day and in the wise words of Nesta Robert Marley... Everything Little Thing is Gonna Be Alright!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I have to say that, growing up in another Country, at the beginning I wasn't fond of KO as a kid, not because I was a collector, but you cannot combine an offical robot with a KO because the KO is either slightly larger, smaller, or all the wrong colors. There were many times when my relatives would get me gifts, and I would find them to be KO, and that sucked, because it was say, for brave series, I am missing one component to combine into a massive robot, and I can't find it anywhere, and my uncle would find a KO not knowing and brought it for me, and that sucked.

I saw so much of the quality difference back then that made me kinda grew to not like them much, because you can't even play them. But nowadays, the good quality ones CAN be played, so I am back into the "middle". I love playing with my toys, and for me, I just want quality products.

3. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Hear hear

4. CURAMEN

News Credits:
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  5. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Well said.

6. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

I've got a few KOs. Some are good, some aren't.

Great:
    Classics Sunstorm, Air Warrior (clone)

Good:
    Reflector - Pretty good. Needed some sanding and gluing but is otherwise fine.
    Mirage - Great, except he had 2 left hands, oops! I got a junker mirage for $5 and swapped em out.
    Menasor - Just about perfect, although he falls over a lot. (Did the original do this?)
    Springer - Same as above, but he likes to fall over. (Again, did the original do this?)
    Sunstreaker - Also good.

Okay:
    Superion - His plastic is a little iffy, there's paint chips on the metal and his stickers suck.

Don't like:
    Cyclonus and Scourge - they just feel cheap.

7. AMG

AMG Old School

Well said CURAMEN, well said.

8. CURAMEN

News Credits:
  9. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great words !!!

10. CURAMEN

News Credits:
  11. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

I find it amusing that they announce KO Fort Max and now there's like 3 KO threads. They've officially broke the fandom. :lol 

12. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Fandom is something uniquely different from other things. I believe it goes by the rule of

Divided we stand, united we fall =P

13. CURAMEN

News Credits:
    Technically, this isn't a KO thread... Just a way to lure people in and remind them that everyone has a freedom of choice and that nobody is right or wrong when it comes to collecting.

A derail of the age old arguement about KO's...

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Perfectly put. *applauds*

15. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you see you are missing the whole point of discussion forums on the internet for a lot of people and that it is their time to get on their soapbox in front of the world and prove somehow that their opinion is fact.Like It's like the G1 vs TFA: which is better argument. No one is really right or wrong, you are definitely right about that.

I think the thing that has most people in disbelief is that the KO costs almost as much as the original. Seems rather absurd to me but it's not my $$ they are getting, it's their $$ to do with as they will.

16. CURAMEN

News Credits:
  17. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Oh? Where can I get a MISB Fort Max for $300 then? Or better still, a Grand Max?
    Not loose, mind you. MISB.

Well...?

I see this a lot in KO discussion thread, and it is never backed up. Every now and then someone comes out with a vague "I have my sources" line, but NO solid evidence in the form of links whatsoever.
    So, I'll be sitting here waiting for exactly that to appear.

18. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

In 1987 Fort Max was $300? wow...I didn't know that, I could swear it was like $100. I think you are a bit off LOL.

19. CURAMEN

News Credits:
    I'm not missing the point... Totally understand forums are where people can act and react with animosity... It gets boring and old fast... I prefer positivity over hostility when it comes to something we all hold dear to us... That's all. :thumb 

20. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

I always wanted originals but nowadays the kos seem high quality. I can't wait to get me a Defensor. Looks pretty good from what I've seen. Here's a question, what about the reflector and Devastator we saw recently? Would that be considered a KO? If it is, then its a pretty good looking K.O.