KO’s being sold for crazy $$!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UltraDevmodious, Apr 8, 2008.

1. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

Now maybe I am out of place, but I saw (what I thought were) some KO Incecticons set of 3 for $100, Mirage $70, Sharkticon $80…

All 5 boxes didn’t have the Takara or Hasbro logo printed on there and no stickers but looked like G1 boxes. They were encased within plastic and their extra parts were loosely flopping around in a little plastic baggy. I didn’t see instructions/decals either. So when I asked the salesman if they were KO’s he looked then walked back to the counter stopped opened a binder looked at 1 page then slammed it shut walked back to me and stated that if I had a problem with them that I could bring them back at any time. Asking the same question “are these knockoffs” he said "I don’t know it doesn’t say we get everything from Japan." Then I asked "Why are they were so much if they were knockoffs" and he told me to leave. Haha. This is the same place that sold me a resealed SDCC Rodimus too…for $57.

So if you live in Orange County California, do not go to or support Anime Kings. They are major con artists and liars. I’d like to add that they don’t care for customers or business either.

Or you could go there and tell me if they were in fact legit. I highly doubt they were though.

2. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

pfff, with those prices go for the originals.

3. Lone_Decepticon

Lone_Decepticon Well-Known Member

I'm more than sure he knew they were KOs... that "we get stuff from Japan" was nothing more than a poor excuse.

4. UltraDevmodious

Didn't think of it till now, I didn't even see rub symbols on them...

5. hoots

hoots Well-Known Member

Not ehobby or anything were they?

I have seen the ehobby insecticons go for 100? (Also seen it got for 40-50...)

6. UltraDevmodious

Like I said…no box stickers whatsoever…nothing indicating e-hobby or anything else.