Knuckles in Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Scrapper6, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Just ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHH!

I spent at least three and a half hours playing this damn game, accumulating extra lives, scoring all seven Chaos Emeralds AT F%^&ING LAST! But what happens? Once again Death Egg Zone turns me into a frustrated enraged gamer.

Seriously, I kill Silver Sonic in 26 seconds tops most tries, but no matter how many times I hit that bastard Robotnick I still wind up getting taken out, by some really cheap ass hell game mechanics... Can someone explain to me why the programmers thought it would be a good idea to have you fight both bosses without rings and... On top of that... When you hit Robotnick's big ass belly 5 times out of 6 you wind up going through his sprite to hit his spiked arm and get a cheap death rather than rebound back to the safety of the ground so you can dash across the room to avoid his metal fists of flying doom!!!!

I may not have played Sonic on the Genesis, but I have vowed to conquer all of the games on my Mega Collection for GameCube WITH all of the Chaos Emeralds... A feat that is difficult at best when those damn Blue Sphere Special Stages always get the better of me... But I can understand that, since I haven't had as much practice as other gamers because I stuck to Nintendo consoles... Or rather, couldn't afford to have anything else as well Genesis/Master System.

Why, why must these games destroy my sanity? Why must I slowly devolve into my baser instincts when I am trapped.

Hell it wasn't like I wasn't taking my time and using strategy to win, but the damn glitch with the going through his sprite to hit his arm and die... That has to be the most annoying thing in the entire universe, and I died EVERY single time because of that. (Except of course for the times I screwed up on Silver Sonic due to my growing impatience and frustration at wanting to defeat the game with all seven chaos emeralds and get the good ending...By the way, if you have to use a continue do you lose the emeralds or is it only when you use the level select cheat... Which you can't do in Knuckles in StH 2 anyway, to get to Death Egg?)

Ok, I'm done ranting now. Great game, fun as all hell, love the music, but SERIOUSLY WHY CAN'T I GO SUPER KNUCKLES IN THE LAST ZONE AND JUST WAIL ON ROBOTNICK? Fat Egg Themed Bastard.

2. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

...Welcome to 20 years ago?

Games were limited back then. A lot of stuff was cheap. Hell, half the difficulty of most games was their cheapness.

3. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Wait are you saying that Knuckles is in Sonic the Hedghog 2?

4. Scrapper6

He is when you... uh... what was it again? Link StH3 to Sth2 or S&K and you unlock in-game secrets the progammers made... Of course in StHMC you don't have to link the cartridges, but it was some secret thing or other that the programmers did and I'm not sure if I'm explaining it right...

Anyway, by linking the games you could unlock Knuckles as a playable character in a new version called Knuckles the Echindna in Sonic the Hedgehog 2... Not sure what the canonical story is behind it, but it's there. It's actually kind of fun because Knuckles can of course glide and climb walls so you can shorten your routes through some levels... Especially Metropolis Zone, nab all seven Chaos Emeralds and you can go Super Knuckles (Hyper Knuckles in the comics.) and bam those starfish enemies can't kill you.

I am well aware that games were difficult to beat back in the good old days, but how the hell do you hit Robotnick and then fall through him to hit his spike arm instead of rebounding off of him like you do just about every other time?

5. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

pffft. i did this easily when i was 10. man up.

6. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    it aint that hard... just learn eggmans repetiv moves and youll be fine.

7. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i think back in the day i was all supersonic yo. power up

8. Starfire22

Starfire22 I am dirty dan!

News Credits:
    If you can't beat the Genesis version, play the DS 4 games in 1 one. (At least you can save)

9. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I had no problem with that stage. That's how video games were in general. But Sonic is on the much easier side.

Unlike todays games which are far too easy, even if I play only seldom.

10. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:

I have all those Genesis games, but I just dont remember being able to play Knuckles in StH 2; Im sure your right, its just been a long time since I busted out my Genesis...

11. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Yes it was like that. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 worked, but Sonic the Hedgehog 1 won't. But there are hacks on the web where you can play as other characters, you just need an emulator to have them work.

12. Scrapper6

I know his repetitive moves, my problem is that after a few hits instead of bouncing back off of Eggman's machine I wind up hitting him then falling onto his spike arm and dieing... Even when I'm playing very carefully and not taking any chances. Really the only way I'm failing is because of that cheap instant death move.

*SIGH* Otherwise it'd be easy to kill him, hell I hit him 9 times and on the 9th time I fell through him and hit his spiked arm again dieing... I just bet if I hit him a 10th time I would have beaten him. GRRRR.

13. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Sonic and Knuckles' Death Egg Act 3 was brutal if you died during it or lost all your rings in the boss fight before. The timing of dodging the Master Emerald cannon is extremely frustrating. However, getting it down perfectly is an art form.

14. kaijubot-uk

kaijubot-uk Keep Running

This can happen as Sonic as well if you're not careful. Sonic is able to jump higher so clan clear the spikes to hit the robot while it's walking. As Knuckles, you have to wait for it to jump. When the robot lands it leans forward and you have to hit it then. A longer fight, but quite manageable.

15. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Oh and hey! You want to experience a remix of this boss battle? Play Sonic the Hedgehog 4. The tension mode of the final boss is brutal.

16. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

the reason you're having a tough time against robotnik as knuckles is because knuckles doesn't jump as high as sonic or tails.

17. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light TFW2005 Supporter

Hmm.. Let me give you a friendly advice;
    Stay AWAY from Ninja Gaiden for NES :D 

18. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Lock-On Technolgy. You plugged Sonic 2 (or 3) into S&K. Knuckles would then be playable in Sonic 2 and 3. You could play as Sonic and Tails or Tails alone through Sonic and Knuckles with Sonic 3 plugged in (normally tails was not available at all in S&K).

You were supposed to be able to play as Knuckles in Sonic 1 as well but there was a problem with the color of Knuckles Sprites messing up other parts of the game.

Attached Files:

• s&k.png
      s&k.png
      File size:
      484 KB
      Views:
  19. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    above is right. In the original Sonic 2, Knuckles were not in it. Sonic and knuckels however changed both number 2 and 3. Especially number 3.

ninja gaide for NES...bahh easy..go play ninja Gaiden on the Xbox on anything else then easy and get back to me.