Known TF2 transformers and Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by vektsilver, Jun 10, 2008.

1. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

anyone else have that dreadful feeling that ''wheels'' may actually be wheelie? he was pretty much season3 equivalent of bumblebee

2. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    No. Because everything we've gotten could just as easily be assumed, as it could be misinformation. Without visual, nothing can be confirmed, evern the things insiders have "confirmed" already.

Remember that whole fandangle about the Constructicons?

3. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Honestly, as far as I'm concerned at this point, nothing is confirmed until it's seen in the actual movie. There's no telling how far Bay's mis-information campaign is actually going.

4. taasia

taasia Member

I can't believe anything either. I can only wonder until the film comes out.

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I can't wait to see this SR-71 transform. That'll be wild.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Agreed. Wonder if we'll get a Voyager or Leader out of him and who he'll be (yeah, I know it says Jetfire on the Call Sheets, but there is the possability that it's just a place holder name like many of the names on the Call Sheets from the first movie).

7. taasia

taasia Member

ITA

8. valkfan

valkfan Nova Storm Lives!

I think Wheels might be a distant cousin of Balls from the Incredible Change-Bots.

9. valkfan

My best guess is that because Bay likes muscle cars as much as he does, it's possible that he's decided to put Sideswipe and Sunstreaker in the sequel. However, in the extra's disc I have, it is mentioned that Michael Bay had explained the difficulty in filming RED anything. So there was a compromise with Hasbro so that the RED would be minimized in vehicle form but would be the main color for Prime chest. This might also explain the color change for Ironhide.

Now, unless he's changed his mind or technology has improved enough to where filming RED isn't an issue, I'd assume that if Sideswipe were in this film, he wouldn't be RED.

I think that Sideswipe and Sunstreaker are both Corvette's. Sunstreaker being the yellow Corvette and Sideswipe the silver one. Just remember you heard it here first.

10. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Wow. I never knew that. Thank god he didn't do Spiderman, Ironman, or Superman. I would have hated to see a blue Superman with red flames for his chest, a yellow and lime green Iron Man, or a neon green Spiderman.

Thats the worst possible thing I have heard about the movie to date. Not to put in certain colors into the movie because Bay has some sort of personal distaste for them. Thats just ******ed, if true.

11. 35InchMudders

35InchMudders Well-Known Member

No, what's ******ed are fans who get upset over the color of a character...

12. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

Even if the ice truck twin happen to be named Sideswipe and Sunstreaker, I wouldn't get excited since they could end up being totaly different to what we can expect. This isn't G1, so those twin don't need to be awesome red and yellow sports car. They could very well end up being two childish/immature small bots (somrthing like Frenzy behavior), or just background autobots with not real personality (just to provide more guns and explosions in the background).

13. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Yeah...

Can't you just let other people express their opinions without calling them names? It wasn't the color but the fact that one man's specific distaste for a color over-ruled anything else. Thats abuse of power...

Stop flamebaiting people.

Kthxbye.

14. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I agree on that, I'm sure he will turn out to be a completely different character. My bet is on Soundwave.

15. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really, REALLY like the icecream truck idea. If for no other reason than it's silly and goes against the awful GRIMDARK that forces its way into Transformers fiction and just sucks the joy out of everything because, you know, VIOLENCE AND ANGST IS SO COOL!

And if it turns out it is comprised of Sunstreaker and Sideswipe, then that makes it even better. Joined at the hip robot brothers is more interesting than....whatever it is Sunstreaker and Sideswipe do any given TF fiction. If they split apart into more practical, seperate alt modes later on in the movie, then that is character development. Also good.

Seriously. Aside from being cherished first year Autobots, neither character has done anything relevant, with the exception of what's being done with them in the IDW books. Headmaster Sunstreaker IS interesting.

16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    100% agreed on all counts. I blame series like Gundam for the whole violence & angst = cool thing.

17. valkfan

It seems that I wasn't clear with what I said, so let's try it again. Michael Bay wasn't mentioned as having a "distaste" for red. He explained to Hasbro that the color red was a difficult color to film. The less there was, the better.

Superman and Spiderman both had red clothing so that might be an entirely different thing from filming large metal surfaces. Now Ironman did have metal parts but nowhere near the amount of red that a entirely red vehicle would require, thus making it more difficult to film according to commentary about Bay. If Sideswipe was in a sequel, chances are that he wouldn't be red.

18. valkfan

In regards to the "Ice Cream Twins" I've been hearing about, I can only pray that it isn't them. It's true that they didn't have large roles in the G1 cartoon but that's just because of BAD(nonexistant really) character development. Instead of character development for the much faster AND cooler Lambos, we had the LAME minivan characters(don't get me started on their toys) front and center. Obviously a much better choice. I know I'd rather see a minivan before a Lamborghini anyday.

Bottom line, they've been "cherished" by many fans(not just G1) because they are two of the coolest characters in the Transformer Universe. They were two of the first, and they ARE two of the best.