Known TF2 transformers and Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by vektsilver, Jun 10, 2008.

1. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Reading here about the audi and corvette I would have a tough time believing that an R8 could be confused with a corvette especially since we now have a photo confirmation of a silver corvette.

I wonder if Bay weaseled in some disinformation support from GM.

I mean if he is trying to confuse us and GM is flipping the bill for the cars then maybe he had them send not 1 or 2 differant paint jobs but 3 just to see what car works best for his needs. Would it even be possible Bay would request a car he wouldnt use.

This would be a ridiculously elaborate misinformation campaign if any of this were to be true. It could be that Bay is using the reformatting scan more frequently in this movie.

just throwing it out there

2. Archaea

Archaea Autobot Archeaologist

great news about arcee. Im for one happy.

[​IMG]

3. OVR_RUN

OVR_RUN Jazz Meister

News Credits:
    i dont think the HX Hummer, the Cam Am Spydiers, the porsche, or the stingers are transformers at all. the porsche and the stingers are camera cars and the spyders and the Hummers are the NEST vehicles.

4. Kortex

Kortex Well-Known Member

Good post man!! And I agree with you.. it looks like we wont get all Constructicons and Magnus, but then again, we could, eveything right now his just rumors and nothing really confirmed.. but man those new cars are awesome.. just hope they ll be classic G1 alt mode characters... and also remember that Transformers movie will be a trilogy so they might keep some key characters from G1 for the third movie... like maybe Magnus, Hotrod and Shockwave... hope I m right... anyway, at least we know Arcee and Whheljack will be in... and that small toy truck(wheels) will probably won t transform and maybe just his an exploration vehicule use by autorities like that bomb deactivation robot..... so Theres still spots available.. and I hope that ice cream truck his in fact Sideswipes and Sunstreaker before they scan abd upgrade their vehicule mode.. like Bumblebee did in TF!....

5. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

There were variations of this report from what I read at Transformers Live Blogspot and Michaelbay.com

3 different sources (of the sources) claimed they saw one of the three from the list below:

1) Blue Corvette - Most definitely is Tracks
    2) Corvette Concept (color was not mentioned) Could be Bumblebee's new ALT mode.
    3) 2 Corvettes (one of which was silver/gray with blue racing stripes)If Jazz is returning then that could def be him in his new ALT mode

All these reports arrived during the filming at Bethlehem City Steel

Ok here's a list that separates the confirmed from the unknowns

Autobots (confirmed)
    Optimus Prime Peterbilt
    Bumblebee - Chevy Camaro
    Ironhide - GMC Topkick
    Ratchet - Search and Rescue HummerHopefully, he gets a new paint job. Puke green is horrible.
    Arcee - Motorcycle(s) Please don't be a combiner. And please don't be a pretender

Decepticons (confirmed)
    Starscream - F22 Raptor
    Jetfire - SR-71 Blackbird
    Barricade - Saleen Mustang

Unknowns
    Megatron - his return isn't officially confirmed
    Audi R8 - ?????? Hmmmmm, interesting. Could be Wheeljack.
    Construction Earth Mover - ?????
    Green Chevy Beat - ?????? AWESOME Concept! I think it rocks! Whether they go with the Beat or another subcompact, this movie is finally adapting to a new age of smaller cars.
    Ice Cream Truck - Autobot Twins???I hope to the Great Bay, that isn't Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. I couldn't imagine a more cheesy ALT mode. GREAT idea for robots in DISGUISE. Plenty of purple ice cream trucks with a cone on top to blend into.
    RC Monster Truck - Wheels (who the heck is wheels)Roller?
    Can-Am Spyder - possibly driven by US special forces
    HX Concept - also driven by US SPecial forcesPlease please please don't be Hound. I'd rather Hound be a regular Jeep than a Hummer. Maybe Brawn?
    Silver Corvette with Blue Racing Stripes - ??????????

Other floating rumors:
    Acura NSX I'd say this is most likely Hot Rod. Though I'd rather he go with the name Rodimus yet still retain Hot Rod's personality. I was never fond of adjectives as part of a name. That'd be like Aweomse Bob or Funny Frank.
    SAAB Aero-X Concept (April Fool's Day joke)

6. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    even if the Spyder isn't a transformer, I hope it finds its way into the toyline, like Landmine and Stockade did in the first.

7. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    @ Superion33

Really? They sound a bit too speculative. 4 Corvettes? I'm probably the most car crazy person here, but that sounds like too much. We might have a Corvette-former, but isn't it possible that only one gets picked and the rest are in the background? Like at a dealership or such?

Oh, and I hope Hound, if they use him, be a Wrangler instead of any Hummer. Maybe a Humvee, but not a Hummer.

8. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Sorry, I was unclear. I was only saying that the Corvette could be one of 3 options - new ALT mode for BB, Tracks, or Jazz. I think after reading a little more, it seems BB keeps his old ALT mode, and Jazz is basically in flashback scenes - so I guess we are giong to get our yuppie, effeminate Autobot after all - Tracks! Gosh, Prime!

9. Michael_Prime_2K7

Michael_Prime_2K7 The Crafty One

10. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

Please no rumors! WE NEED RODIMUS! I thought he'd be the Audi R8 before I heard the colors.

11. Kortex

Kortex Well-Known Member

BB will stay the camaro... (see the pics)
    As of Jetfire.. He s a Decepticon Blackbird at the beginning but I think they will have him scan a new military jet when he changes sides an become an Autobot(Skyfire).....
    And I hope Jazz will only appear in flashbacks so it leaves room for an extra autobot out of 10.... And please... enough with the ice cream truck.. it s bad already to know his in the movie.. but I still hope and think it will upgrade its vehicule mode and become Sunstreaker and Sideswipe with new concept cars vehicule alt mode...

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, I'm not sure why Jazz would only appear in flashbacks. I mean, he wasn't on the planet very long before he got ripped in half.

I agree with you about the icecream truck. They'll probably rescan something new and hopefully become two seperate vehicles. Or at least one cool vehicle. Whether or not they're Sideswipe & Sunstreaker? Well, who knows. They're only referred to as Twins on the Call Sheets and no official word about any of the designs/toys/characters yet so who knows?

13. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Not GMC. Pontiac. No Pontiac Firebird means it's not gonna happen especially when there's an identical car for Bumblebee. No use talking about it? As much as I wish it'd happen. :( 

Hahaha. Man, you're missing the obvious. The Ice Cream truck obviously splits to ripped halves of Jazz! They combine into... a whole Jazz!!! :lol 

14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    OMG! :lolol 

That would be so darned hilarious if it were true. :lol 

Wrong, but funny... and can you imagine the upraor among the fandom that would cause? :ev: 

15. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hope we get Hot Rod. I really want Hot Rod. :cry :

16. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BB is same
    Corvette-Blurr? Tracks?? Bluestreak/Sliverstreak?
    Beat-Wheels obviously(he sounds important!), you never know
    R8-dead end(please), soundwave??(no)
    Saab-Wheeljack(hell yah!)
    Hummer HX-Military Nest
    Spyder-" Ravage??????????
    we will see when tfcon rolls around next couple weeks.

17. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

New speculative Transformer.

http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/2008/06/castle-prep-and-quad-set-pics.html

Ok in the pics listed under the pics from University of Pennsilvania I noticed a discrepency. The very last photo is of the Chinese surveillance police helicopter. Now what is a Chinese Police Helicopter doing at UPENN.

the obvious answers are either

1.) misplaced photo associated from the bethlem local.
    2.) sets are pretty close to one another and they just used it to fly there.
    3.) it could be prowl in his movie incarnation.

Im sure this one might get shot down quickly but the pic does seem to come from the UPENN set.

18. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prowl+Helicopter+BAY=awesome!

19. bjoneill74

bjoneill74 Active Member

meh

20. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!