Known Autobot/Decepticon military units?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Cobalt Agent, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

[​IMG]

I'm trying to map out, in a foolish fan attempt to structure the geewun-verse, not just administrative structure but also military structure. Yes, I know I'm a jackass and it's a foolhardy attempt, but for sake of... research can anyone remember or give any units, divisions, or military groups? I view the Wreckers as a commando unit and Dinobots as shock troopers, but outside of those, what do we know? I'm also aware of the Lightning Strike Coalition.

Sky Lynx in Marvel Comics states he's the Lieutenant Commander from Cybertron's Third Air Strike Division.

This isn't Marvel-centric either. Anything else in G1 fiction? Artillery, infantry, et cetera? Anything from Squads, platoons, companys, battalions, brigades, divisions, etc...

I must admit I'm in the military and a history buff so organizing even fictional characters grabs my attention. :D 

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Do groups like the "Aerialbots" count?

3. Cobalt Agent

Uhm, no. I'm looking for units outside of well-known combiner groups or the Wreckers. Like I said in the original post, I'm looking for organized military groups outside typical subgroups. So I'm not looking for the Protectobots, Aerialbots, Technobots, Constructicons, Stunticons, Combaticons, Predacons, or Terrorcons.

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Autobot Elite Guard?

5. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
  6. Cobalt Agent

-_-''

Those are subgroups. Again.

Maybe this was a bad idea..

7. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    Doubt you're going to get much further than that.

8. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    Well, the thing is both Autobots and Decepticons work more in Subgroups then actual squads, units, Spec Ops teams, etc. So that's as close as you're probably gonna get.

Squads and units like the Mayhem Attack Squad and Lightning Strike Coalition, which are probably along the lines of what you're looking for, are going to be catagorized as Subgroups.

9. Cobalt Agent

Subgroups are always introduced together because the series is for toy promotion. However I'm looking for military groupings along the lines of units, platoons, et al. I appreciate that you're trying to use the tfwiki and provide me with the common groups, but that's just not the topic. Not what I'm looking for. And I understand I'm looking for a needle in a haystack, but it is what it is.

10. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    Did you even check the links? Cause there ARE units, squads and platoons in there such as, as I've mentioned, the Mayhem Attack Squad, Lightning Strike Coalition, etc.

11. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    If you don't mind me altering the post a bit...
    Actual names and divisions.

Omega Supreme was the designated Guardian Robot of Crystal City if that counts for something.

Constructicons, prior to the brainwashing, were not actual "Constructicons" or something. They're the Maintenance and Custodial Workers of Crystal City.

EDIT: Crap there wasn't any definition. Forget what I posted.

12. Cobalt Agent

I'm not trying to be an asshole or anything, but did you even check the original post? I know about the Wreckers, Lightning Strike Coalition, et al. I'm looking for things like 3rd Air Strike Division, 5th Infantry, 1st Artillery, et cetera. I'm not looking for the common subgroups.

Again, not trying to come off as a prick, but we're at 2 pages now and all I'm getting is what I specifically rebutted in my first post.

13. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    1. Where did you get the picture from? The one separating the types of Autobots.

2. You actually weren't very specific about "groups" or "subgroups", you mentioned those TWO, which is why I asked in my first post. You say you're aware of the LSC, does that not fit what you're looking for? Or are you strictly looking for Human/American Military terminology?

14. The621

News Credits:
    He mentioned the specifics. The ones that don't grab at attention immediately. Actual numbers and units. Squads and groups that fall under a military structure.

Found something on Rewind in Blackthorne Comics. Listed him as the equivalent of a citizen soldier due to his primary function as a historian. Not sure about the unit he fell under though.

15. Cobalt Agent

Made it in my spare time.

I actually kind of was. Admittedly I brought up the Dinobots and Wreckers, but only as a reference to what I'm aware of. I go on to mention this: "Artillery, infantry, et cetera? Anything from Squads, platoons, companies, battalions, brigades, divisions, etc..." So yes, military terms. I'm not looking for regular subgroups. For what it's worth

16. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    start with the main cast of G1. look for anything that states they have a military rank. example if ultra magnus is listed as city commander, within TF universe, that could be a military rank.

i believe jetfire was listed as being a luetenant of some sort so was grimlock. start there.

17. The621

News Credits:
    Damnit.

Remembered something. Starscream and Skyfire fall under the Scientific Exploration Unit.

18. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Well if we go by Starscream in Beast Wars. Air Commander of the Decepticon battle fleet.

19. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    I had made a list of this a long time ago. I can try to find it. I may have used it in the Epic 40K mod I had made, I can't remember exactly.

20. Cobalt Agent

If you could find that that'd be awesome.