Know your third party Arcees.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A G1 Arcee is probably one of the most overlooked figured by Hasbro. What has the third party done to support her? Let's look at history shall we?

2005 - Rabid Squirrel and Monolith Productions Cyberfembot ARC. A glorified garage kit that could be purchased assembled. Her most unique feature is that she actually has a Daniel Headmaster driver! Had a lineup of recolors planned that are even rarer than her.

[​IMG]

2010 - Impossible Toys Valkyrie. Nice looking, but suffers from thin floppy limbs. Was recolored as Paradron Medic and a remolded into TFcon's Nightbird.

[​IMG]

2010 - iGear's Delicate Warrior. A bit higher quality than what came before, and ever so G1 accurate. Probably the best G1 Arcee overall.

[​IMG]

2012 - Perfect Effect's Motobot RC. Sacrifices her G1 alternate mode for something closer to Energon. Probably the highest quality 3P Arcee, but only vaguely G1. Got a blue recolor, and possibly will get a remold as a she-spider.

[​IMG]

Other efforts:

Polaris, an attempt to make Animated Arcee more G1.

[​IMG]

TFClub Battle Roller Arcee recolor. Teased in May 2009, but never released.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
  2. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ..."Arcee" Rollar is kinda scary...

3. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I saw the Rabbid Squirrel one at TFcon a few years ago. Quality and sculpt were horrible.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Awesome collection of info. I never heard of that headmaster Arcee. I actually learned something from this. Thanx for the fan service.

5. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    cool idea for a thread but still waiting for a perfect Arcee.

6. hater06

hater06 Well-Known Member

i love how the Rabid Squirrel and Monolith Productions Cyberfembot ARC has an age limit of 18-35... you should not buy this if you were older than 35.... DO NOT - you have been warned!!!!

i think im going to end up picking up the PE arcee... its probably the only one that can stand on its own...

7. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the guy(s) who ran Monolith is the same guy(s) who now runs MMC. Except back then he did all his sculpts by hand (including ARC) and now does it using a 3D model program. It be nice to see him retry ARC in CAD (or whatever 3D program he uses). I have ARC...decent attempt back then. Terrible now compared to what is available now.

8. Cadbane

Cadbane Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good to know. Someone should post on their facebook page about this request.
    I can tell both IT and iGear's versions were built based on Monolith's resin toy.

9. The Crow

The Crow ARK BUILDER!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My personal favorite;

UUSER's ANIMATED TO CHUG ARCEE UPGRADE!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought one of those heads from UUSER. It's a nice piece of art, and really makes for a cool custom Arcee. Exceptional work.

I bought iGear's Delicate Warrior, and that is easily the best 3rd party Arcee in my opinion.
    I think they nailed it, and I personally don't feel the need for a another deluxe G1 styled Arcee any time soon.

11. Darcemeus

Darcemeus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Woah woah woah, back up. Where can we get those heads? =D

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    My :2c: 

Delicate Warrior blows any other release away. The mold isn't perfect...the arms are a little wonky...but it's totally solid and made with high quality materials. It feels like an official Hasbro release.

Impossible Toys Valkyrie is a complete POS. Loose joints, made of poor quality materials, easily breakable.

PE's Motor Bot is great but it doesn't scream Arcee to me, rather an entirely new femmebot (which is fine by me as well).

Animated Arcee only looks decent in an Animated collection, and just like the G1 heads on prime bodies that the current Asia Generations releases have done, a G1 head on an Animated body doesn't work...works even less than the Generations stuff IMO.

I remember the Rabid Squirrel thing from back in the day but I never paid much attention to it.

13. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wasn't the Rabid Squirrel release in the pre-dawn of 3rd party merchandise? Like well in advance of Fans Project. I remember when it was released that it was clear to me that it was essentially a model kit, not a figure, that you would need to further work upon. That and the extremely high price made it a pass.

We really have it good now.

14. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was one of the first full figures, all the Fansoroject stuff was add ons at first. Justitoys started its Dinorobots a year later in 2006. Defender wouldn't come out until 2010!

15. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, RSP commissioned Monolith to make ARC and War Within Prime (same guy also made a cybertonian Bumblebee). All the figures were hand sculpted and produced as resin kits. At the time, there wasn't many people doing 3D modeling via programs like CAD. Nowadays, you practically have to make your stuff using 3D modeling otherwise it doesn't come out so clean. Realizing this the guy at Monolith starting playing around with 3D modeling making HOS Prime. Eventually started company known now as Master Minds Creations.

16. The Crow

The Crow ARK BUILDER!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Check out UUSER's store in the Creative Marketplace in the Radicons section

17. Backstop

News Credits:
    I had one of those ARC and you could get a finished one or one you need to finish. but there was a resin arcee out even before that not from RSP.

18. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have a Polaris head that's stuck on my Animated Arcee. I feel like I'm going to break the neck by trying to remove it. :( 

19. Backstop

News Credits:
    is Hal Z from RSP still banned from TFW lol

20. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Correction, iGear does not make Delicate Warrior. They only distribute her. I don't even think iGear's logo is on the packaging anywhere. Can someone confirm that?