Know Your Knock-Offs - Swoop

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by haventgrownup, Sep 19, 2012.

1. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

Is there ANY way to tell which Zhong Jin Swoop reissue a sealed-box specimen is?

Are there different numbers, or different mistakes on the boxes of the various issues?

I had one of the first Swoop KO "reissues" and it was riddled with shit quality. I currently have the Diaclone/Anime reissue, also, and it is leagues better.

I have heard that the "newer" lots of Swoops are similarly improved, but I haven't been able to find information on how to tell those apart from the first reissues of about 5 years ago by the box alone, especially when all you have is an online pic (eBay or private sales).

I've sifted through High End TFs counterfeit guide, but it treats the Swoop reissues as only one release (the guide seems to be behind on a number of "reissues").

2. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

Thank you everyone for your help.

3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Hey, you're welcome buddy.

:thumb 

4. oxidative

oxidative last chance to evacuate

I can't help with knowing what you are getting, but if you go through ioffer.com you will probably end up with the more recent KO. I got a KO swoop from ioffer a couple years ago. It's in really nice condition, good chrome, etc. The only issue: the robot face is missing :banghead:  Looks like a QC issue and it was just forgotten during assembly. I manage to live each day by just displaying Swoop in alt mode.