Know what would've been awesome? A Legion Space Shuttle.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundwinder, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Considering there was one in the movie, I'm surprised they didn't make one. They love making Transformers of non-TF vehicles in the movies (See: Stockade, Landmine, Incinerator, Brimstone). It could've had a playset version that would've included a crawler, boosters, and maybe even the Xantium.

Since Air Raid's radar dish mounts with C-Clips, they could've easily made it so the hypothetical Legion would be able to piggyback on Air Raid, too.

Would've been a great addition to the line, and it works on so many levels.

Ah well. Just idly speculating.

2. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

This touches on something that, in general, left me a little flat as far as the DOTM toys went - lack of off-screen characters.

Some of the better toys from both TFTM and ROTF were ones that didn't have to match any movie character models, which freed them up to be a little more creative and satisfying with their execution. DOTM didn't have many off-screen characters at all: Flak, Guzzle, Powerglide, Roller, Air Raid, Skyhammer, and the HA Basics. Where's breakouts such as Incinerator, TFTM Arcee, Lockdown, Brawn, or Bludgeon?

On-topic, I think a space shuttle legion class would've been awesome. Movie Cosmos, maybe?

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Stuff that noise, they should have done the Xantium shuttle As Cyberverse Play set, that could seat a couple Cyberverse TFs in shuttle mode and then open up into a base/Moonscape which could link up with the Ark or other Cyberverse play sets so you could recreate the Moon landing scene with Cyberverse.

But I think the Ark was their big flagship Cyberverse play set, and going from what I've seen it didn't exactly fly off the shelves.

4. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Agreed as far as off-screen characters go. Although Crowbar and Hatchet should borderline count, considering they're completely different from their on-screen appearances.

DotM NEEDED more off-screen characters, too, since the movie had pretty much nothing but cars and trucks for characters, an alarming number of which were gray/silver/beige (which was interpreted by Hasbro as the same color, naturally).

5. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I miss the off-screen characters, too. They were often far better than their on-screen counterparts.

We likely would have been seeing that kind of stuff now IF the DotM line had continued. IIRC, it was the Allspark/NEST sublines that really got into the fun "what if that was a TF?" toys.
    There certainly was a lot of potential from DotM. The Decepticon bank truck and the private jet (which had both Autobot and NEST insignias) instantly spring to mind. And Incinerator and Springer were easy repaint-fodder given the V-22's prominent role in the movie.

6. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Borderline, but their robot modes are still roughly analogous to their on-screen appearances.

The worst part is, that movie had so many bit-part, one-shot fodder bots that it was a veritable goldmine. Since a lot of the TFTM off-screen characters had vehicle modes based on ones seen in the film, we had some pretty good options - the Superfund Decepticon, the Garbage Truck Long Haul, Devcon/Cloverfield Con...

Ah, I'm gonna get myself depressed if this keeps up :lol 

7. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I also would have liked to see a Cyberverse Decepticon mothership that the smaller Decepticon ship (the one that comes with Starscream) could dock in like in the movie...