Know what sucks?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by JinraiPrime, Mar 26, 2007.

1. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

Know what sucks? Ill tell you... watching the buy/sell threads and watching as every good deal goes to the same handful of people, thats what sucks. I expect the typical answer of "tough shit" but i know there are people out there who feel the same way I do. Understandably there is nothing to be done about it, but its still friggin irritating. Especially over the last few months ive noticed the same names in every thread. Its not a matter of money either... not to me anyway, its a matter that everytime i post these people are right on top of it. I can not be the only one this frustrates. All though i did get a jump on a sweet ass Autolooper lol.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Um... ok!

3. JinraiPrime

no no Twin... its "tough shit" lol

4. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

um well then tough shit, I have allways had good luck on the exchange, as long as im patient.

5. JinraiPrime

Admittedly its less frustrating than Ebay, but frustrating nonetheless..im no sooner putting through the PM than the same damn people are already there... its almost supernatural ooOOOOOoooo *thats supernatural ghost sounds*

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

That's probably the reason why I haven't hit those threads... I'd be the last person sellers would contact and say "Congratulations, you're the one who gets my Classics TFs."

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Gotta be quick in the JE. That is all.

8. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Maybe if you develop some psychic powers?

9. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Gotta be fast as lightening. I'm still kind of sad that I missed out on Laser_Prime's set of Armada Dinobots and 6Ti Op Op, but I did manage to get some good stuff off him. Looking forward to it's arrival!

Oh and tough luck.

10. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

You know what doesn't suck?

Black Hawk Down

That's a figgin good movie.

11. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    You win some, you lose some. I've lost many-a-deals, but I've also come to realize that there's always another one to be had.

I'm still one of the few that looks on eBay. Stuff on there lasts no longer than 60 seconds if it's a good price.

12. JinraiPrime

lol look at Chaos' post, man im sorry i missed out on that....... all though unlike most times i wasnt checking like every half hour while i was at home/work bored.... i was stuck with a customer lol.

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I've bought a lot of stuff successfully from the junkion exchange. when I do, I always have money ready to go in my paypal account. that way, I'm ready to go as soon as I see something up. a problem I see with a lot of people is that they arent prepared, and they say "I might get this when I have the money" or they waste time asking how much shipping would be to their location. If you see something you want, you send the PM asking that. most sellers view ANY PM as a kind of "reservation". PMs beat out posts every time.

14. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

Early bird gets my worm.

...err

15. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

I've got a pretty good batting average so far. But there are still a few sweet deals I wish I could've had. But, like they say, "Que sera, sera" or "You snooze, you lose", etc. Life goes on. And for the record, I don't think it's always the same people that always win, or else the JE Feedback Thread would always have the same names coming up on the first page. Just my 2 cents.

16. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Hm..sure it sucks. But you never know when luck is gonna smile to you.^^
    2006 was a blast for me. sure, I didn't find anything special or anything but I bought what I wanted. And like a week ago I get Revoltech Convoy for 60 pesos less. Regular comic stores seel it for 150 pesos. I bought it at 90.
    Good deals are everywhere. Dont worry.

17. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I never had a problem with the JE and I'm not that well known or anything. It's all timing. When you see something you want, you PM the seller inquiring about it without hesitation. Then when all the info on the deal has been worked out, you pay as soon as possible. The few deals I have done through there were great and exceptionally fast through out the entire process. Though I'm taking another break from collecting, once I get started again I'll be sure to hunt through the JE first and foremost.

Also, you could always compile a 'Wants' list on the Wanted Ads forum and let people come to you with their offers. Patience is a virtue so that might be the best way to get what you want.

18. JinraiPrime

Man... I have to say the few people I have dealt with have been very accomodating, like.. I might not have the money right away so these people have said "no problem, im in no rush ill hold it till your next pay" or "yeah, well we can work something out if you cant pay me that 300 dollars all at once" Its that sort of curteousy that really impressed me here. It just seems lately like i cant jump on a deal fast enough lol.

19. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

It's because the people here are fans themselves. They know all the problems that we all share and that people here, for the most part, aren't going to try and rip them off. This community does a good job keeping the 'bad element' out, whether it be through official Mod actions or just the general disapproval of negative actions from the members themselves. And nothing shows this more, or at least in my opinion, then the very successful item exchange forums. It's fans helping fans at it's finest.

20. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Blame TOM. :p 

You know how it works? You buy now and you explain to your significant other or pay the bills LATER.