Know what I miss is spark crystals

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Dr Wheeljack, May 2, 2006.

1. Dr Wheeljack

Dr Wheeljack 3DS

I like how now current lines the the faction symbols are painted on but they scratch and rub off very easily sometimes I miss the spark crystals on Beast wars and Beast machines figures they didn't have that problem Also they looked cool!:Gouki: 

2. DanielGuardian

DanielGuardian Member

You know what... I completely agree! There were very original and very cool. Plus, it required less imagination to picture the transformer in relation to made-up storylines in one's head.

3. MV75

MV75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I miss the rub symbols.........

4. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I always thought that exposed sparks, were a little odd.

Don't miss the rub symbols at all. I did think they were neat, when I was a kid, though. Hasbro should probably look into bringing them back.

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Didn't they use Spark Crystals in Energon?

But yeah, it would be awesome if they returned, and done like TM2 Cheetor's. Would be neat to have a spark chamber behind some panel.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Same here. Would'nt mind if they kept putting then in all the beastformers.
    Love it when it's in their chest's with a panel to flip over it.

7. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Well-Known Member

I agree that it is best when they are hidden. Th2 Cheetor and Ramuluss are great examples. As for rub insignias... I am not too keen on them, it takes alot of effort just to display the figure in questions alligience for half a second.

8. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    The panels are nice, but I think that "spark" crystals should be done like Energon, not hidden, and not implicitly the bot's "spark".... just their faction symbol. Then there's no problems doing a repaint in another faction, the "faction crystal" can be switched out and no remolding need be done but you still get a molded faction symbol.

9. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    We had spark crystals in Energon. That's where you attached the energon stars.

It appears we will get rub symbols in Classics.

10. Dio

Dio Scrapper

I love how Cybertron Prime actually has a spark chamber molded into his detailing. I'd be fine with that on a more regular basis, but the spark crystals were cool too :) 

11. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i really liked the one in Energon, was a little dissapointed that didn't carry over to Cybertron

12. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    I'm disappointed that Cybertron, in general, sucks compared to Energon. Energon improved on Armada (both cartoon-wise and toy-wise). Cybertron in my opinion is almost as bad as Armada.

I also hate that the cartoon continuity broke off between the two series...

13. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Za? The Cybertron toys are so much better than the Energon toys, it isn't even funny. Cybertron's gonna put me in the poor(er) house.

14. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    are you serious? most of the first wave of Energon was almost as bad as Armada (Prime, Inferno, Ironhide fer instance)
    Cybertron has been consistantly amazing, with only a few real stinkers in the bunch. I mean, i think Energon had some AMAZING figures like Quickstrike, Landmine and a good deal of the basics, but i think Cybs got a better batting average.

Also, to be fair ~ I think Cybs Autobots in general have been better, but Energon (again, in General) had better 'cons because they weren't hamstrung by the combining gimmick, that i really feel like was a total failure, there were only 2 combos i thought actually looked decent...

But, c'mon ~ Crosswise, Downshift, Scrapmetal, Prime, GF Voyager Starscream, EVAC (!!!) CD Scattorshot, Excellion, CD Hot Shot, Landmine, GF Vector Prime, Soundwave, Sideways, Mud Flap and the list goes on and on...

15. Dr Wheeljack

Dr Wheeljack 3DS

I do not like many of the energon toys and I don't like how on the spark you put the dumb star on them. I liked the different colored ones from best era and how on some they were hidden. Also as a kid i never liked the rub symbol on g2 and early beast wars toys I had

16. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

I never really understood the rub symbols beyond being a sign of official product, didn't most of them have at least one faction insignia on them elsewhere anyway?

17. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

I do miss the spark chamber. I love how some were done, like Tankor.