Knockout's car mode?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by TheSoundwave, Sep 19, 2018.

1. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I'm just curious what you all think Knockout's car mode is supposed to be? (I get that he's not 100% based on a real car, but most of the TFP vehicles take inspiration from a real vehicle).

I always assumed he was loosely inspired by a Ford Fusion. Similar grill (albeit a bit smaller), similar headlight placements, similar overall shape. Knockout always looked like a sports car version of a Fusion to me.

I'm surprised that a lot of people (including TFWiki) identify him as an Aston Martin. The overall body shape doesn't really match (Aston Martins are extremely sleek while Knockout is a bit chunky), and the headlights and mirrors are completely wrong. Aston Martins are extremely high end automobiles, and Knockout always looked like a slightly more commonplace sports car.

Edit: Also not sure you'd paint racing stripes on an Aston Martin.

knockout car.jpg

2013_ford_fusion_angularfront.jpg

1-18-autoart-aston-martin-one-77-70245-31.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. AFlyingPrime

AFlyingPrime New Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Pretty sure that he is, His car mode's chunky appearance looks like the 2005 Aston Martins (or any Aston Martins before the DB10). I also think that the designers said that he was based off of an Aston Martin too, but I'm not too sure about that.