Minor/Repaint: Knock-Out Touch Ups

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Rikerwota, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

Just a couple of touch ups on Knock-Out to make him more cartoon accurate. Tough to get good pics, but it looks much better in person.

*EDIT* Better actually mention what I've done - Gold on the wheel rims and painted the inside shoulders black and yellow/gold like on the show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. GingaMagnus

GingaMagnus Designated Toku Nerd

I can't notice any true differences. Are the wheels recolored?

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    When I get mine, I'm getting rid of the mech tech holes.

4. Rikerwota

Apologies, in my haste to get the photos figured out, I forgot to write a full description...duh...

Anyway, the only real changes were to paint the wheel rims gold and I also painted the inside shoulder, so instead of the red plastic it's now black with gold/yellow detailing, like the show.

5. Duffcon

Duffcon Well-Known Member

I thought the touch ups didn't need an explanation; they pretty apparant if you own a Knockout.

Well done on the touchups. Looks great. I want to do the same to my own Knockout.

6. Rikerwota

Thanks Duffcon, I would highly recommend it :) 

7. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any chance of getting alt mode pics? Surprised more Knockout customs haven't hit the internet.

Can't wait to get mine, already mixed the paints for it.

8. micky24

micky24 Well-Known Member

though i think the rims of the wheels are suppose to be yellow,the minor touch up you gave this figure made him look a lot better.just a little question,is there a way to kinda change the wheels and change it to something bigger?

9. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It helps the figure, but when I get mine I think I'm going to go a lot further, nice to see the detail for the inside shoulders is there though :) 

10. Rikerwota

Alt mode is pretty much the same except for the rims - I'll have to take another look at the CGI model to see if I need to tone down the gold a little, but I tried to match the small amount he has on his chest, near the top.

The wheels are kind of odd...they are attached by multi clips on the inside, so it's not like they're on a pin or axel - I have no idea how you'd go about replacing them : /

11. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

I've never seen them do wheels like that before on one that I can recall (got mine today too, prepping for touch-ups). You'd almost have to have another tf with similar wheels OR cut it out at the hub/center of the "grips", grind it flat on top and fab on some new ones. Bigger doesn't seem to be much of an option because of the wheel wells size though. I'm going with yellow on my rims since that's what they seem to be to me. Some colors are up to interpretation with all the reflectivity going on. It's really hard to say sometimes.

It looks loads better though and nice touch with the insides of the chest/shoulder. I bet your the first to put that in there even though it is molded in. Good job. :thumbs2: 

12. Rikerwota

Why thank-you, sir. I have a long standing joke with a friend that I'm 90% un-original, so nice to know that 10% kicks in sometimes :D 

Good luck with your own touch ups!

13. wheeljack2010

wheeljack2010 Constructicon

Very nice man. Plan to do the same plus more when mine arrives.....

14. micky24

but do you think the wheel hood thing could be shaved or something to atleast add size to the wheels?and the windows?will you color or tint them black?

15. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

It COULD but I wouldn't personally. They look fine to me and this thing is ti-ny, especially alt mode. It may throw it all off whack visually. He's just a smidge taller than RID Arcee in bot mode. I'll do the back window black for sure but not too keen on the rest. I've got to give him some more credit too. That inside hood area is a bitch to get in to. You'll see when you get yours, if you haven't already.

16. micky24

im loosing hope about the rid line being released here in our country. other countries have wave 3 already but here not, even wave 1.i hope they make another knock-out figure,a better one.and also i would like to see you give this figure proper paint scheme.=)

17. Rikerwota

Yeah, getting into the shoulders is a pain in the a$$ I still may redo those parts as they're not as neat as I'd like.
    I went over the wheel rims with a burnished gold coat, to take the shine off and to better match the hood gold - will get some alt-mode pics up when I get home from work.

Cheers all

18. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

After I tried yellow (my Golden Yellow matched but came out crappy) that's the exact color I used. It works very well. I know it looks good without you even posting a pic but please do for the others. :thumbs2:  It may be the best choice for the rims as it is really close to golden yellow in hue and doesn't dry all nasty (that may be just old paint on my end though). Don't forget the vents in the doors, I almost did.

It's not out in my area, I had to order it. I know I'd never see Vehicon here anyway so I made sure I'd get them all and ordered a 3 pack from BBTS (well two since my son takes mine usually and did). Maybe try that or a few here were selling it, I'll keep an eye out if you really want me too. This one is a good figure, IMHO. He just needs details to break up the blaring red. I doubt I'll fully repaint him like I did Arcee though, touch up is good enough for me on him and I've got to find a new source of paints since the LHS closed. Someone will though don't worry there.

19. Rikerwota

OK, so here's some alt-mode pics - nothing fancy here at all. I haven't done the door handles yet, I'm still trying to decide whether it's worth it - maybe next week :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. sleepy86

sleepy86 Well-Known Member

Oh, you have improved the alt mode sooo much, he doesn't look like a K.O. anymore. I love it!