knock off price ranges at big lots

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by luke4, Mar 3, 2009.

1. luke4

luke4 crocon

i am going to America for a hockey game on the weekend and i am planning on going to big lots. i am just curious on the prices of the knocks that they have there. and what are the chances of me finding a knock off g1 combiner there?

2. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    We can get those here in Canada dude?

3. Born 2B Alive!

Born 2B Alive! Director Of Entertainment

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here in Springfield,Mo. you can go to Big Lots or many of the $5.00 stores and buy Combiners for $5.00. I bought the Aerialbots ,Protectobots,and Constructicons KO Combiners sets for $5.00 each. Also I have seen many individual Insecticon and Constucticon KO's sold for a dollar each here.

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    At the 2 Lots by me they have not been around since Xmas time.

5. Backstop

News Credits:
    What do the insecticons look like?

6. honcho

honcho It's been a while.

Ebay:
    They run pretty cheap, I usually see them for under $15, guaranteed. I saw BW TM2 Megatron and Optimal Optimus knock-offs that were about $12-$13 each. Deluxe-sized ones or miniatures run under $10. This was in Michigan, of course, so it pretty much varies store-to-store.

As for finding G1 combiners, you should be able to. I saw an itty bitty Defensor and Devastator before, and ones the same size as their originals.

7. Born 2B Alive!

Born 2B Alive! Director Of Entertainment

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought every thing I mentioned except the Insecticon KO's. Sorry but I barely remember them. I could show you pics of the other ones though.
    (You got me curious now.... tomorrow I will drive to our Big Lot's and the $1.00 and $5.00 stores and see what I can find again.)

8. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only thing I've ever seen at the Big Lots around me is super-sized knock-off figures of guys like Rattrap and TM2 Megatron, and some tonka truck versions of the Bendy Prime figure from Armada (Two of which I own). If I ever see Insecticon knock-offs, they'd be mine in a heartbeat!

9. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

The Big Lots here in Redwood City, CA still stocks a lot of KOs, right next to the insanely overpriced minicons and scouts. (5$ for a minicon? 8$ for a Scout? Really?)

They have mostly Brave KOs, and a few KO of power ranger and Mugenbine bots, but they always seem to have a bunch of those oversized Gundam Airmasters in multiple colors, and they usually have oversized Op Op, TM2 Megatron, and RID Megatron in 2 or more color schemes. I've never seen the insecticons, but the gestalts come and go.

What's crazy is that they seem to be RAISING the prices on their KOs! I noticed today that some of them had new price stickers over the old ones -- the oversized KOs that used to be 9-12$ are now anywhere from 12-15$! For that price, they're totally not worth the garbage quality you'll get.

10. Dawg99

Dawg99 Well-Known Member

i'd be interested in the constructicons ko figures if u see another set for cheap

11. luke4

luke4 crocon

i have only seen construcicons and that was like 3 years ago. all i see now is legend class knock off and they are so badly made.

what is the quality of the combiners?

12. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    The quality of those combiners are usually pretty crappy.

As for the Insecticons, they're not knock offs of any of the actual Insecticons. Instead, they're like "original" molds. I do have the complete set, so I'll post pictures if you want.

13. Backstop

News Credits:
    Quality is cheap, but you can get them at the Pacific mall for like $8 and every year at the CNE there is a table that sells them for like $10 a set. So with the exchange the cost is about par with gas factor. Sets I have seen are the constructicons, Abominus, Defensor and the Compu/stunt set, I have seen them at TFcon as well for $10-$15 if I remember correct

14. luke4

luke4 crocon

i doubt i will go to toronto to get the knock offs. and while im in the states for a hockey game i might as well get them there.

15. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Walgreens might still have KO combiners in case there's one near you. A while ago someone mentioned that they paid $12 for three sets of KO teams.