Knock off pictures and review thread.

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by NemesisBruticus, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    That isabsolutely the best KO EVER! If only Hawk Saber was included :D .

That looks to be a KO of those Hot wheel robots back from a couple of years (the name escapes me).

2. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mods should sticky this, and make the "offical KO thread" (I know, I know... you don't have to point out the contridiction of that statement) .

3. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    You lucky bastard!

4. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That RM Rijie KO looks awesome...

On the side note, CM's boob missile sig rocks.

5. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Yes they are. I think it was something similar to the recent hotwheels robots ModFight

6. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    From what I remember they became a little desperate to sell them so packed them with a video of some commercial or something.

7. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I just bought KO Rijie today. I still haven't taken him out of the package, nor I plan to. RM packages are just awesome looking in my book. I'm also expecting KO Air Hunter before 31st of December.

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I love my oversize Wrecker Hook. He's awesome. :) 

I got these over a year ago from the Ebay seller chimungmung. He still carries a lot of KO figure, mostly movie-repainted old Optimus molds (including the UK Pyro KO). I think I got his last RobotMasters KO's (he sold me his out-of-package display version of Wrecker Hook), so I'm really not sure where you could find them now. I'd like to know myself.

Not pictured is my oversized KO R-Blade (g2 cyberjet mold in Jetfire deco)... I forgot I had that one too. :) 

Chimungmung still seems to have the Optimus KO for sale in quantity, but I'm not really sure if the ones he sells now are of the same quality. Another board member bought one recently and was very displeased... I don't know whether to chalk that up to actual differences in the toy, or just different standards of what to expect from a KO.

I actually have two of the Optimus RM KO's, and I think he's great... He's a perfect size to go with deluxe figures (about a head taller than Classics Optimus), and even comes with a bunch of accessories (option hands, laser rifle, missile launcher, energon axe hand attachment, etc)! Also, the 8-inch version is sooo much better than the crappy 6-inch KO that's also floating around online.

I got a pretty good deal when I got mine... I ordered a bunch and asked him to take them out of their packages for the best combined shipping price. These days, I think the KO RM Optimus goes for $12 + shipping. Probably about $20 in the end. It may not be a worthy $20 toy, but I'd feel okay paying $15, if that makes any sense. :) 

IMHO, these oversized RM figures are some of the nicest cheap KO's I've personally handled. The plastic isn't Hasbro-grade, but they're surprisingly sturdy, poseable and have decent paint apps and a few accessories to boot (Wrecker Hook for example comes with his translucent energon ball & chain). Also, the auto-transform function on Mirage and Wrecker Hook still work fine, even at the larger scale.

Are these the oversize ones or the regular sized KO's? If they're the oversize ones, please share! Where'd you find 'em?

Also, if ANYONE still knows where to find one of those oversize KO CLASSICS ASTROTRAINS or oversize Movie Protoform Starscreams, I'd love to hear about it. Sometimes when you're looking for certain items, Ebay just feels like a very small place y'know?

zmog

9. Razorclaw

Yes, it's the oversized version. And it's awesome looking. I love the package also. I haven't opened it yet, and as I said I will "try" not to, but a friend who will be getting me Air Hunter said, after I asked him what his AH is like, that he is just awesome.

Anyway here are some pictures of RM-03 Rijie bootleg:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry about the poor picture quality. Still the bottom of the package cracked me up. There are some warning messages that are hilarious like:

-- Pay attention not to put the fingers, hair or clothes and etc in the wheel.
    -- Don't close your face when playing the bicycle.,because scathing hazard.
    -- Don't play on road and etc.
    -- Don't play it on desk or floor, because danger of damage

Well, where the hell am I supposed to play with it??

10. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Nice. It's great when they pay that much attention to the packaging. I want it more now :lol 
    幻影 is mirage in Chinese, too, it seems. Cool.

11. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Don't be so sure. The chinese have two names for most characters since they translate both Japanese names AND English names. I know theres two dubs for the Galaxy Force anime in cantonese (One is the japanese GF anime the other is the cybertron anime). Both uses different names :D .

12. SydneyY

News Credits:
    You are right, I have seen two kinds of Chinese names for one character.
    Is it like one for the sound and the other for the meaning of the name? Like 星叫 is a direct translation of Starscream. Can't remember the other one.

13. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    If the name is the same in both english and japanese there should be only one name. But when it diverges like Convoy for japanese and Optimus for english, theres the difference.

Edit:I think 幻影 could very well be Mirage's chinese name though. Chinese normally try to pronounce the name if theres really no meaning to it (Like Optimus) rather then translate it (Like Starscream.)

14. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Ohh I see :lol 

15. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    What's ionteresting is the chinese called Jetfire, Skyfire in the cybertron dub. As in 天火.
    I don't have any more info since ybetron dubbed in chinese was deleted from my comp ages ago because of the crap dubbing.

16. SydneyY

News Credits:
    天火 means an oven in Japanese (old way to say it though, it's just オーブン nowadays ):D 

Trying to be on topic, I think I have Cyb Starscream KO Chaos Muffin gave us somewhere. Floppy but the mould looks alright. Wil take a pic if I have time tomorrow.

17. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Thats a interesting bit of info :lol .
    I don't have much KOs now. Most of them have been thrown out.

18. SMOG

I have one of those too... I think it's great, though mine also seems to have freakishly tight joints rather than floppy ones. That's Chinese KO quality control in action there. :) 

I don't know what to say about Chinese naming conventions. I know that any time I get Chinese editions of Japanese anime, by the time the subtitles go through the Japanese-to-Chinese-to-English blender, you can end up with some pretty damn ridiculously literal translations. Like incomprehensibly literal.

Where is he getting them?? :) 

Out of the RM big bootlegs I have, Rijie is probably the weakest. His joints are a bit floppy, his hands have been remolded into featureless sockets, the molding on his face is kind of soft, and his neck tends to slip out of joint if you move his head around too much. However, still pretty cool.

LOL!

They're telling you that you're too old to be playing with toys, old man! Keep it on a shelf sealed in it's box! I love those warning labels... sometimes you really just have no idea what they're talking about at all. :) 

zmog

19. Razorclaw

These were found localy. I bought Rijie in Novi Sad, a main city in the north part of my country and the friend lives in Valjevo, where he found Air Hunter. Bootleg and KO figures are found in open and flea markets, as well small stores that sell plastic goods and toys.

And way to go and rain on my parade with that little rant on quality of the figure. J/K, good to know in advance. That way you get pleasently surprised when the figure ends up very nice (which isn't imposable with KOs and bootlegs).

I don't play with my transformers per se, unless you count posing and occasional transformation.

20. SMOG

Ah... that's lucky. I would have more access to that sort of thing if I lived in Toronto, which has a pretty amazing Chinatown. However, Montreal's Chinatown is a sad sad thing by comparison. We never get the good KO's here.

Heh. That was my intention. It's good to know the flaws beforehand so you're not too disappointed. They are KO's after all. But from other posts, I know you are a man who can appreciate the charms of imitation Transformers too. :) 

The same for me... and occasionally, if nobody's around, I might make a "WHOOOSH" sound if there's a particularly cool jet mode. :) 

I also hum the theme music from Brave Series when transforming things sometimes. It's almost unconscious.

zmog