Knightfall: The Story Of Militis

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Ironhide1706, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Welcome to my newest fan fiction that will be ongoing and updated hopefully regularly but with school now started there are no promises. The title is borrowed from my favorite comic book and has a different meaning to the original book but still involves the fall of a knight.

Enjoy!

Militis strolled casually through the Science Division hallway and into the giant room he called his laboratory. There was no ceiling on the room and it was filled with scientific equipment. Militis swung himself onto the swivel chair-one of his many inventions-and spun around, observing the stars visible through the open roof. He had always been fascinated by space and that would of been a highly possible career path had he not become an inventor; and not just any inventor but the greatest Cybertron had ever known.*

Militis stopped spinning and switched on the massive monitor set into the north wall. He scanned the formulas that appeared at lightning speed, humming a slow and mellow tune. Militis placed his left index finger upon a specific formula and squinted. He grunted and moved over to the workbench beside the main monitor (dubbed "The Bat-computer" by Militis for he had nothing better).*

His left fist retracted, a large hammer appearing in its place. A mask rose from beneath a hidden panel in the bench and Militus smiled. The mask's eyes matched with Militis' own and the mask had three rectangular holes horizontally for a mouth, the two side holes had one rounded corner on the top left and top right . Militis suddenly smashed the hammer down upon the mask with all his might and brought it back up. Not a scratch upon the mask. His optics lit up with a strange light, not pride or satisfaction, but it was almost..evil.*

A blue Autobot appeared on the Bat-computer and Militis hastily hid the mask in the secret compartment. He stood in front of the screen and clicked his heels together into a salute. The morphing fist was hidden behind his back as he raised his right hand to his forehead and saluted the figure projected on the screen. He spoke in a slow and cautious voice with a British accent.*

"Optimus Prime, sir. To what do I owe the pleasure of your call?"

The blue Autobot spoke in a deep and powerful voice, it's silver mouth plate shifting a little with every syllable.*

"At ease Militis. I require a report on the Punisher missile system, Ironhide and Wheeljack are eager to test another of your inventions."

"The Punisher is ready, Optimus. I'll bring it over to the testing site immediately."

"Thank you Militis. Optimus Prime, out."

Militis pressed a button on his wrist and part of the floor in the centre of the room retracted to reveal a lift carrying a missile turret with four missiles lined up in a row. Militis looked proudly upon his newest creation and walked over to run a quick diagnostic. Everything was working perfectly so he flipped a switch on the base of the turret and the whole thing folded into what was essentially a streamlined box with two wheels on each side. Militis slammed his fist onto the ground and he began to transform similarly to the turret until he was a large truck with larger than normal wheels. He connected to the turret box and drove off out of the laboratory and into the tunnel that connected his residence to the rest of Iacon.*

Ironhide and Wheeljack were already at the testing site, chatting away until Militis pulled up. Militis transformed and shook both of his comrade's hands before gesturing to the box that transformed into the missile turret. Ironhide clapped Militis on the back with enough force to knock Optimus Prime to the dust but both Autobots knew Militis was incredibly solid. Ironhide had a southern accent as he nodded at the turret and spoke.*

"You've done well kid, she looks perfect for blowing up those punks into little pieces."

"Thank you, thats certainly what I had in mind when Optimus asked for a light missile system."

Wheeljack chimed in with a German accent filled with delight.*

"Light missile system? Looks rather explosive for a light system to me! It isn't going to blow up on us will it? 100% Guaranteed?"

Militis laughed, a very rare occurrence that surprised both Ironhide and Wheeljack.*

"We aren't all mad scientists Jackie, my stuff always works but it never has quite the excitement that we get with your ah, tests."

Ironhide nodded in agreement and Wheeljack looked very sheepish, even with a mouth plate. Militis punched Wheeljack affectionately on the arm before moving over to the missile turret and turning to face his friends with arms wide in welcome.*

Note: Militis is an original character and is not based around any existing characters but will still borrow some elements from others. Awesome points if someone can tell me what language Militis is and what it means! :D 

"Well gentlemen, let us begin!"

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012
  2. Ømnidrive

Ømnidrive Stop.....think......fart.....and keep on going

Kickass beginning!!!!

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    So what universe does the story takes place in? The Movieverse I presume?

4. Ironhide1706

Aligned. Or at least the WFC/FOC part of it.

Thank you very much Road Rage! I'll update today sometime. :D 

5. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    from what i can find, militis is latin for "soldier"

6. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Just chillin'

this is really good :thumb  i like it please continue !!! :D  !!!

7. Ironhide1706

Thank you Jazz and yes ARC, it is Latin for soldier. But it is also Latin for another similar word. I'll let the story explain that one. I am truly sorry for the small update but I had a very long day and need some rest. I hope you all enjoy the references hidden inside, more points are up for grabs. ;) 

Militis was once again back in the massive lab he called home, after an incredibly successful weapons demonstration. Optimus Prime himself had turned up halfway through and the Punisher had performed brilliantly, much to Militis's relief. He never doubted himself or his abilities but there was always that tinge of nervousness before every demonstration.*

Militis sat on the swivel chair in front of the Bat-computer and spun around, one of his many hobbies was gazing up at the stars in the chair. Suddenly a knock sounded upon the door, a voice calling out after every two knocks.*

"Militis! *knockknock* Militis! *knockknock* Militis!"

Militis sighed in exasperation and got up from the chair to answer the door. He knew that knock anywhere, it was his old friend Perceptor who always wanted to be sure he wasn't intruding upon his fellow scientists. Hence the annoying knock that had gotten old far quicker than Militis had anticipated.*

But when Militis opened the door, it was not the small scientist Perceptor with a shoulder mounted microscope and blue monocle but a large and heavily built Transformer with one red eye and a strange face on its chest. The mark of the Decepticons. The Decepticon raised a massive rifle and smiled at Militis, pulling the trigger. A blast ripped through Militis' abdomen and he blacked out, unable to move.*

8. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Uh oh!:eek:  Is that Shockwave?!?! It seems so from the description!

9. Jazzfan0217

This is getting really good :thumb  can't wait to see what happens to Militis, that is soooo Shockwave :popcorn  please continue !!!

10. Ironhide1706

Thank you for the kind words, in return I bring you this update! Please excuse any errors. :) 

Militis awoke, magnetically attached to a large metal panel, unable to see through the darkness around him. For a second he believed he had joined the Well of All Sparks, but the whirring of gears crushed that theory. Militis realized he was being rotated to face vertically, as if he was standing. The darkness was still impenetrable, a wall blocking out whatever surrounded Militis. Suddenly, the lights were turned on and Militis was greeted by a horrifying sight.*

He was in a small room with cages on the walls and mutilated Autobot corpses hanging by chains from the ceiling. Militis could almost hear the screams of his fallen brothers emitting from their frozen mouths. He studied a particular corpse, purple in colour and much larger than the rest. It was facing Militis but it's head was tilted upward to face the ceiling. The room was a truly gruesome sight and Militis was having trouble keeping his cool amongst the dead bodies. He continued to look at the corpse and nearly went into status when the corpse looked from the ceiling down at him, it's gleaming red eye boring Militis' green ones. The corpse was lowered down to the ground and it walked over to Militis, studying the captive Autobot. The corpse hummed then glared at Militis.*

"I was expecting you to awaken far earlier. You disappoint me Autobot..."

Militis spat in the Decepticon's face. Hit didn't faze and continued talking.*

"You're fighting a lost cause. Optimus Prime is a fool for thinking he can stop the Decepticons from bringing peace and equality to Cybertron. He is the tyrant that Megatron and I are so wrongly labelled for being. We are fighting for the Golden Age, it must be returned. And with it, Cybertron's universal supremacy."

"I couldn't care less about your lies Decepticon. Your kind just wish to slaughter every innocent until the whole planet is dead. You claim to be saving us, but this war you started destroyed your goal before it was even made. You are the ones fighting the lost cause."

"How ignorant you are, especially for the 'greatest scientist on Cybertron'. It is only logical that the Decepticons lead this planet to universal dominance, so it will come to be. Logic is a power far beyond your simple-minded comprehension."

"Is this your idea for the Decepticons? Or Megatron's? You are nothing but a pawn to him, dispensable and nothing but cannon fodder. Cannon fodder who had to resort to surprising a defense less scientist at his own lab to win a battle. Very well done you piece of scrap metal."

The Decepticon only laughed at Militis in the harshest way he could.*

"How blind you are Autobot. Just like every other fool you must be punished. But I have better plans for you, your continued existence is my will and mine alone. You would do well to remember that when we meet again."*

And with that, the cyclops left the room through a hidden door in front of Militis, who was subsequently lowered back horizontally and plunged into darkness once again. But that last image still burned through Militis' optics, the image of the tortured Autobots frozen in their terror. Tortured by that Decepticon, who only now did Militis recognize.*

11. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I had the feeling it was Shockwave!:) 

12. Jazzfan0217

Whoa nice :thumb  !!! Knew it had to be Shockwave. Keep up the excellent work, this story is really interesting !!! :popcorn  !!!

13. Ironhide1706

Thanks! Might update in a few hours, glad to know my story is decent. :thumb 

14. Ironhide1706

Just a small teaser for now, enjoy!

Militis anxiously awaited the Decepticon's return, fearing what the torturer would come up with for him. As if someone was reading his mind, the lights were switched back on. But the sight was extremely puzzling.*

Gone were the corpses and chains and torture devices and instead he was in a cave like room, like what a nocturnal ro-bat would live in. But he hadn't been moved once and no one had entered the room to change the decor. How could this have happened, the only thought that came to Militis. He almost didn't register the Con that walked through the door until it was right in his face.*

Militis tried to pull back at the horrifying sight, a face from a nightmare with glowing red daggers for optics and a sadistic smile. The Con had what looked like bat wings upon its back, they were the same black and purple colour as the rest of it. When it spoke, it was a creeping and immensely disturbing voice that was followed by maniacal laughter.

"You're in my world now little bot!"

15. Ironhide1706

The laughter was terrible, it shook Militis. The lack of a mouth on the Con was even creepier.*

"Do you like the place? I myself quite enjoy it, though the torture room is always fun..."

Suddenly the room shifted and changed until Militis was back in the torture chamber and before him stood the purple cyclops. He was shocked, lost for words. The cyclops got into his face and said eerily.*

"Your continued existence is illogical, I'm afraid it must be terminated."

The room changed yet again into a massive makeshift coliseum and the cyclops was replaced with a massive Decepticon overlord, grinning down upon him. His voice was calm and polite.*

"I wonder what sound you'll make when I snap your limbs in two, and then when I gouge out those pretty little eyes."

A rumbling laugh filled Militis' audio receptors and he grimaced in confusion and shock. He was back in the cave and the horror character of a con was staring right into Militis' eyes. It caressed Militis along the jaw and chin gently.*

"Merely a taste of what is to come...everyone is so excited to meet you! This party will be quite entertaining, won't it?"

Militis couldn't reply. He was in awe, in shock. This couldn't be happening, yet it was. What was going on with his mind? He must be insane. That is the only answer. But he couldn't think longer as that horrible laughter once again filled his ears.*

16. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Yikes! Who's that Vampiric looking Decepticon?!?:eek: 

17. Jazzfan0217

can't wait !!! :D  !!! wonder who this mysterious 'con is? sounds like he's got a lot in store for Militis. !!! :popcorn  !!!