Knight Rider Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by xenocryst, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    That little off center raised portion is the cowl hood that came on Firebirds. Kitt was a firebird and so is Windcharger. That's why they both have that.

2. xenocryst

xenocryst Why yes, I *am* a geek. TFW2005 Supporter

3. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I'm well aware of this, but I'm also pretty sure that not ALL Firebirds have this feature (having seen more than a few on the road over the years). The fact that Windcharger DOES is the significant part.

4. Ducktimus

Ducktimus Moderately Average

Actually, the hood with the offset power bulge indicates that KITT and Windcharger are both Firebird Trans Ams of the '82 to '84 vintage. That hood wasn't available for base model Firebirds or the mid-range Firebird S/E, and it went away completely after the Firebird received a styling refresh in '85.

And for what it's worth, the hood in question was designed to accommodate Pontiac's turbocharged 301cid V8 engine, and mimics the hood used on the turbo 'Birds from 79-81. However, Pontiac ended production of its V8s in 81, but rather than redesign the hood, new air cleaner assemblys were designed for the Chevrolet-sourced fuel injected 305 so it could take advantage of the cowl induction from the hood. [/Slighly relevant automotive trivia]

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what we need is a knight rider/streethawk/airwolf/a-team TF battle royale for 80s TV show supremacy.

6. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

B.A. Baracus Bot would kick Arse!!!
    "I ain't gettin on no Cybertronian Shuttle, Fool!!"

7. Acadian Prime

Acadian Prime Well-Known Member

They almost are. Apart from the different front end, Runamuck doesn't have the cowl induction hood or a spoiler, but he does have the right tires and rims. I actually started making a custom Trans-Am transformer; I'm turning a Cybertron Clocker into a Trans-Am using a Runamuck for the vehicle mode. They're the same size and so far the parts fit(with a little cutting and grinding of course) and work. I'll probably finish it someday