Knight Rider KITT Model

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by xenocryst, Aug 21, 2006.

1. xenocryst

xenocryst Why yes, I *am* a geek. TFW2005 Supporter

Bah! I've been looking for a particular KITT model for a short while, but I'm having no luck. Where the flippin' heck can I find a plastic model of THIS version:
    [​IMG]

NOT this version:
    [​IMG]

Note the fog lamps.

I know there's a diecast version out there complete with lights and sound, but I'm specifically looking for plastic one to hack up into a Transformer, so I'd prefer something cheap (but the larger, the better)

Can anyone help me?

2. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    I don't think they made an all plastic version of the top one. I have that one, I also have the bottom one in un-assembled kit (no puns) form. The Bottom one is the model that goes back to when the show aired. The Top one, as I said I have, came out Stateside from Ertl without sopund but did have the light, but was hard to find

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Would take both of those over that ugly red 2000 one

Yeah pretty sure that top one is diecast only . You could always get a plastic 82 Pontiac model and customize the bumper with some truck roof lights.
    Would just take 6 little holes

4. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

The only one I know is the one on the bottom. It looks like what came out reissued from ertl at most Hobby Lobbys. That was a few years ago though so I'm not sure if it's still available.

5. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

I got the pair (KITT and KARR) of the top version from ebay cheap in march.

6. Zombie F Body

Zombie F Body Has left the building...

Had to pre-order the top one. Never saw it in stores. It's a little inaccurate but still a nice piece. Ertl also released a stock 82 Trans Am based on that mold. Knightrideronline.com features so creative modelers who modified the old plastic models to fit the fog lights. The plastic model was re-issued a few years ago. You can still find them at a few TRUs.

Had to build this one myself http://www.cardomain.com/ride/224228/2

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Are either of those in 1/24 scale? The only "KITT"s I've seen are the 1/18 scale. I really want a 1/24 scale KITT to make into a transformer. He would be displayed next to Doubleback.

8. Zombie F Body

The plastic model is 1/24.

9. xenocryst

xenocryst Why yes, I *am* a geek. TFW2005 Supporter

As Zombie said, the plastic one is 1/24... That would be the bottom one.

10. Zombie F Body

I actually like the Knight 4000. Had an opportunity to buy the hero car a few years ago for under 10 grand. It was repainted like a cop car for a skit on Sci-Fi's Scare Tactics. Unfortunately, they blew out the motor. Couldn't really do much with it if it had a blown motor. Plus the fiberglass was pretty much done. Someone else in CA bought it and restored it beautifully right down to the one-off rims it had. It would still be sitting in my drive way had I got it.

A modified 1/24 one would make an awesome Alternator Runamuck it painted white.

11. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    I have both the original model and the reissued one. They have only done the one version of the kit but with a little modification you could put the lights into it without too much effort.

I have both the original and the reissue of the red 4000 as well. I like the look of it too but don't think I would ever want one in real life. Personal opinion of course. Now the trans am, that I would consider.

Spencer.