Knight Morpher: Annihalator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by amethysted, Feb 3, 2011.

1. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

This is the black repaint of KM: Commander (Hearts od Steel: Optimus Prime).

So the box is nice and full of color graphics and logos. The clear clamshell blister inside holds the train and the tracks are contained inside a clear ziplock (with instructions and spare blue / red head for Commander).

The train is nice. Its mostly black plastic with gold and copper paint apps. I kinda think the copper is randomly placed. But both metallic colors look great next to black. And the fact that most 1800's locomotives were painted black only enhances the realism of this figure.

The plastic quality is fantastic for a third party. I think it rivals FP IMO...

Most of the main joints are a softer plastic and the train parts are of a high quality black plastic. I think some parts may even be painted black, as you may get a slight speckle - like simulated cast iron. Which really works for the alt mode...

Red translucent head lamps and gorgeously light piped eyes really make the figure go the extra mile, too!

Details are abound with tiny rivets and robotic cogs and doodads all over the main figure and the trailer / base as well. I'm not a huge fan of seperate trailer / bases, but it's OK for what it's worth. My main focus is on the voyager class fgure. And this figure has all the right details in all the right places. Nice work!

He's big and chunky. Yet he has double jointed elbows lots of semi-ratcheting pivits in the legs. A ball jointed head, swivle waist and double ankle joints, too. The shoulders are good, as all the right twists and turns are there. But mine doesnt lock into place, like I think it should. Its a bit floppy. But all the poses look fine...

A nice addition to our Decepticon forces. Worth around 80 USD. I dont have much use for the trailer, though...

A nice little bonus is the conversion of the trailer cannon into simple plug in jet packs. They kinda just fill in the robot back area and makes him look bigger. I like them. He comes with a sweet little lance and shield, too. But the shield is kinda unweildy as his huge shouder pads prevent any decent poses. I'll probably clip it to the back...

My KMA has a few slight paint app misses. Nothing alittle scraping or sharpie cant fix. Hasbro has done far worse. And a few mold edges could have been cleaner. I kinda scrapped a few off with my fingernail, but they look a little rough around the edges. My jetpack looks a little rough. Luckily its all black, so its hardly noticed...

My score: 8 / 10 (I took points off for arms, shield, trailer and cost)

I'll post pics when I get back home.

Anyone else pick up this figure?

2. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep, I love mine. It's easily my favorite 3rd-party toy so far. MMC did an excellent job fixing and improving upon the first release. Highly recommended.

3. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm at work, so I'll write a review later, but this is the most slept on 3rd party TF out! He is amazing, and would have been more popular if they just named him The Fallen! DO yourself a favor and go get this figure. It's so so so good.

4. amethysted

The Fallen. Absolutly!

5. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He is awesome. A beautifully evil looking figure.
    And Hatchet makes a wicked colour co-ordinated Hellhound for him.

[​IMG]

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    If someone is willing to sell me just the tracks, PM me! :) 

7. Armoredrah

Armoredrah Junkion

I got him a while back, he's a REALLY good figure. I like almost everything about him. I wish he had came with a Renderform axe, but I hope to find one eventually. They needed to include more track, but my guess is, two sections per character would give you a rather long straight piece if you get all the characters. It's what now, the remake of KM-01, then 02 and I think the purple one and the Ultra Magnus, correct? That's 8 sections of track, so around 4 feet.. It's possible that there may be additional track available later on, but don't expect a full track, these trains can't roll on a curve.

8. Armoredrah

Armoredrah Junkion

After having mine for a while, I'm still grinning every time I look at him. I've got a thing for steam engines that turn into robots. When I was a kid I had one rom the "Convertors" line. It was kind of a KO of Galaxy Whirlwind Sasuraiger (Or something like that). It was green and was rather cool looking. I broke it shorty after Christmas due to the poor plastic quality, but I still have a couple of the pieces. I've been trying to find one to replace him, but he's really hard to find now it seems. I also had the Gobot, Loco, I think that was his name. He was neat, but he wasn't great and of course, Astrotrain. I've also got the micromaster trains that make (?whoever it is?) and the steam engine forms his ass more or less, which sucks, but hey, he's still a cool steam engine. Anyway, Annihilator is really awesome. I bought some reprolabels and was thinking about giving him faction symbols, but then it hit me, He's pretty much perfect without them.

9. amethysted

Yea, great figure...

He'll always be in my collection...

10. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I pre-ordered KM-01 back when it was first announced: waited with baited breath for all those months until it showed up, and when I finally received it... I was delighted. Even though it had its share of slight flaws, the first run of KM-01 was amazing, in my opinion.

Considering the extra's that come with KM-02 and all the fixed flaws, it seems like it's been begging for my money since it arrived. One of these days I'm just going to have to break down and get him too.