KMart exclusive mini-con...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BrokenSVT, Oct 18, 2008.

1. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

Leader 1???

Hah, the wife picked up the KMart mini-con 12-pack for me this evening, and couldn't help but notice the likeness of Boltflash to the ol' GoBot Leader 1. I think he may BE my Leader 1 on the shelf.

2. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Do you like that 12 pack for the money? I'm thinking of filling in Unicrons rings w/ more classics minicons.

3. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I'm getting back into Minicons, I blame my TF MMO idea for it. I might somehow try to pick this 12 pack up, do they have powerlink ports?

4. taterx

They Should, I think they're repaints of the Classics Minicons.

5. BrokenSVT

I absolutely do. I have just one complaint of the whole package, and that's the paint app on the face of "Skyhammer(A10)." They F'd mine up good, but nothing a small brush can't fix. "Makeshift," the blue muscle car has a big honking Mini-con logo right on his roof, which is wicked. "Bodyblock(monster truck)" and "Boltflash(Leader1)" are now my favorite mini-cons. "Heavytread" is a nice homage to Warpath, etc etc.

They all are Armada/Classics repaints to my knowledge, and so they all have mini-con ports.

6. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Just Classics.

Also, Makeshift and the dumptruck are incorrectly assembled. The legs should be swapped to the opposite peg on both of the figures. This will allow Makeshift's port to be exposed in car mode and for the proper molding on the dumptruck to be seen in bot mode.

7. taterx

I forgot about the warpath homage, sold!

8. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I plan on getting the set definitely it looks absolutely beautiful in that packaging and now that I think of it the gray jet does look alot like Leader 1 and hes one of the main reasons I want the set as he has a very nice vehicle mode

9. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I believe the Boltflash paint is actually meant to be an homage to the Skystriker from GI Joe. Never thought of Leader 1. The Skystriker makes sense anyway, thanks to the clear Rattler homage right below him.

10. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    only thign that kept me from buying the set was the price for some reason my K-Mart is like 2 dollars more than Wal-Mart so I didnt feel like paying almost 30 bucks on some minicons when I couldve bought 2.0 Powergilde for that price lol

11. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

That's odd. Both my Makeshift and Knockdown are assembled just fine. And Skyhammer's paint is good too. Exported versions must be a later batch or something (I got mine in Woolworth's in Nottingham yesterday).
    The only one I have whose Minicon port isn't easily accessible in altmode is Brimstone (the dragon), because his legs are in the way.

Ah, I never even considered the Joe homages. I'm no too au fait with the Joes, though. Would Cloudraker be an homage to something too, then?
    If Boltflash was a GoBot homage, I'd have gone for Sky Jack, myself, who's a silver F-14 already.

12. BrokenSVT

I suppose one could argue that Cloudraker loosely resembles Wild Bill's chopper. In retrospect, the Rattler homage is fairly obvious but I still stick to my guns that Boltflash is L1, especially with the grey/white scheme :) 

13. BrokenSVT

14. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I like this pack and really would recommend them. If you already own the molds, though, I would recommend just leaving them in the package. The packaging is so good that I put mine pack in after checking them out because they display so nicely!

15. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Interesting.

I had wondered if it were only the set I got, however, at least two other friends of mine reported the same problems I found. It's a really minor issue and doesn't even affect anything about the toys, but it helps to look for it just in case.