Customs: Kitbash Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by rtm, Jul 16, 2006.

1. rtm

rtm Well-Known Member

I'm planning to make a kitbash sideswip using an Alternator Prowl body and a 1:24 Lamborghini Countach
    plastic model kit. One thing I noticed is that by removing some platic with the dremel on Prowl's legs inorder to make the wheel base of the lambo to fit that will make the feet of the robot not be able to fold back and into the leg area of the car. What I was planning on doing was getting styrene and making the back part of the car (the leg area) a bit higher as to the same size of the original Prowl Acura or just enough to make the feet fit in. In other rebuilding that part a little bit to accomodate for the feet. What do you all suggest??
    Thanx

2. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

I'm actually planning the same bash. My solution was to create more room on the lower end by adding a mild rocker panel skirt.

3. rtm

rtm Well-Known Member

Are you going to use a lambo countach?? That's the model kit that I bought... but I am considering on maybe buying a lambo gallardo model kit also. The solution you have does sound good also.

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That sounds like a great idea, can't wait to see these finished!

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I wanted to do that, but using the Viper mold instead. The flip around legs don't match the original transformation. Though the Lambo body on the Viper frame would have to be assembled backwards.

6. rtm

rtm Well-Known Member

I thought about using the viper body at first.. .. but when I looked things over the viper body is not a 1:24 scale. It's alittle bigger scale I don't know the exact scale size.

7. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    It is 1/24 scale. It's just that in real life, the Viper is a bigger car than a Lambo.

8. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    So the viper isnt quite 1:24.

9. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    It is 1/24 scale. It's just the proportions are a bit off. If you went with 1/23 or 1/25, the numbers would be off more. Notice that the actual car is longer, but not as wide. If it were a scale issue, it would be either short or long on both categories at the same time.

The reason the figures don't fit is because there are no floorboard space due to the mechanics of being a TF. Not to mention that the figures he's putting in aren't nearly as articulated as an actual human.

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Qft

11. rtm

rtm Well-Known Member

Well yes viper sideswipe and sunstreaker are 1:24 scale.. i just checked a website and it said that they are 1:24.. but even then if you were to kitbash either of them, you would have to get a model kit that is bigger then 1:24. When I measured the front part of the lambo coutach that i am using to kitbash sideswipe the front part of the the lambo was about half the size of the front part of viper sideswipe. That is why I opted to go with Acura Prowl. Plus acura prowl has the correct transformation of G1 sideswipe. Give or take a few parts... but most of the figure does.

12. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    The best way you can tell the Viper is 1:24 is to compare the Viper versus the 'Vette. Both cars are very close in size in real life. Plus, it doesn't hurt to have compared a 1:24 die-cast model Viper Vs. the Alternators version. Very close if not exactly identical.

I can't wait to see the Lambo custom. Have you considered the new Murcielago, the Diablo successor? It is rumored to be Jazz' vehicle form in the movie. I don't know if it is in 1:24 scale, though.

EDIT:
    Actually, I found one for you;
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Lamborghini-Murcielago-1-24-Scale-Welly-Ltd-Model-New_W0QQitemZ290007050730QQihZ019QQcategoryZ45360QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

13. rtm

rtm Well-Known Member

Actually yes I have considered the Murcielago as a kitbash. What I am planning on doing is using a Gallardo model for Sideswipe and a Murcielago Model for Sunstreaker but using an Alt. Tracks for the bash. I am using the Countach for testing purposes.... and yes I have heard the same that Jazz is going to be a Murcielago in the movie. Plus I also have a Ricochett body already dremeled down and ready for reshelling to be jazz. The only problem is that I an still debating on whether to make a Martini Porsche 934 or a newer model of a Porsche.. a Caiman Porsche does not sound bad but I have had no luck in finding a platic moel kit for it. :( 

14. rtm

rtm Well-Known Member

Sorry I meant a Martini Porsche 935 not 934.

15. evilratbat

evilratbat EVILRATBAT

Hehe I was thinking the Same thing myself , With the Prowl Body. As Whizz Kid said you need to Add Something to the Lowerpart

16. rtm

rtm Well-Known Member

Actually I got the feet to fold in without having to add to the lower part of the body. I just dremeled it down just enough. Of course it left a little gap but i'll use a little styrene to cover the gap and sand it alittle when it is complete.. with the paint it should not be noticable. Lets see how that turns out.. good i hope. Oh and I hope that the confirmation of Peter Cullen is true.