Kiss player Spark bots debut sale??

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Savage590, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Savage590

Savage590 Cybertronian Werewolf

Ebay:
    I kept looking up information on the Spark bots that's supposed to be coming out as new items from the Kiss Player line, and all I find is that they're coming out in Japan on the March 18 Toy Festival as "debut sale". What exactly does "debut sale" mean?! Does it mean they're planning to sell more as retail later, or will this be the only time you can get them? Because if these are festival exclusives, that would be one lousy way to promote reissue of toy molds that dated back from the early 80's. Although I can't say I'm surprised since Tomy had a habit of screwing themselves over by reissuing rare Zoids, and then making it impossible to get them.

If anyone know what "debut sale" mean or what's going to happen to the spark bots, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No idea - F2F was taking preorders for them for a while, but only for long-term buyers from the site, so I'd guess the quantities they're going to be able to get are somewhat limited.

The good news is that 90% of TF fans out there don't give a rat's behind about the eggbots, and probably even fewer considering this iteration of the mold has the bright pastel-ish deco and an association with the creepy-ish KP line. I don't imagine they'll be too hard to track down.

3. Savage590

Savage590 Cybertronian Werewolf

Ebay:
    I agree the girly pink and blue are horrible choices for color, I'm just looking for them because I used to have 1 of the Microman version back in the 80's. Plus, I was hoping to get a set so I can repaint them into looking like Cybertron's moons.

4. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "Debut Sale" doesn't really mean anything special, just that those Sparkbots are sold for the first time at the event.
    Having said that, they are event exclusive like BT-17, and like BT-17, the small quantity are going to be sold at the event website, though I have no idea how they are going to put up the sale page in the site which has no shop feature.

Unlike BT-17, there were 2000 sets available (up to 2 per customer) and apparently they didn't sell out quickly. I think you can order one at Fan2Fan now :)