Kingdom Hearts

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by UnicronFTW, Oct 17, 2010.

1. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Apparently there's a lot more people on the site who like this game then I initially thought...
    So, what are your thoughts on the games? Do you like them? Do you hate them?
    Personally, they're my all time favorite. Who knew that a lovechild such as this could be such a technical success.
    (By technical, I mean that the game isn't as popular as it should be, but its definitely a success nonetheless...)
    If you havn't got into the series yet, I highly suggest you do by going out and buying the PSP game: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.
    It's a prequel, so no worries on going into the game not knowing the story.
    (though it helps..)

2. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

I gotta say, one of the best video game series EVAR! I love that series. Should it continue... I don't know. Kingdom Hearts II provided a rather conclusive end to the story. However, Coded and Birth by Sleep are very clearly hinting at a Kingdom Hearts III. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see where Square Enix is taking this franchise.

3. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the Kingdom Hearts series. I have the original, Chain of Memories, and 358/2 Days. My roommate graciously let me play his KH2. But of course, I had played the Days game long before that, and so the whole plot with Roxas made more sense to me than it probably did when the game originally came out. :lol 

I see figures at TRU for the human characters (plus Mickey). But am I the only one who wants figures of the Heartless?

4. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Anyone else who would love to see a release of the Final mix versions of both games for the PS3?

5. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Not I. I really dont want to shell out that kind of money for a PS3, when the only games I would ever play on it are KH-related.

And to address earlier posts, Yes there will be a KH3, it's confirmed, but not in production yet, or if so, it's in very early pre-production.

And yes, I want more figures. Play Arts did good stuff, but the only Org.XIII member we get is Axel? Bring on the others! Xemnas, Saix, Marluxia! And for the love of King Mickey, give me figures of Terra, Aqua and Ventus, or give me death!

6. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I only ever played KH1 and 2... tried playing Chain of Memories, but the cards annoyed the HELL out of me.

My friend has the other games, so when she's not playing them, I'll see if I can borrow them. I friggin love these games :D 

7. Spartan Prime

CoM and Re:CoM were horrid, entirely on account of that terrible system. I don't see why they carried it over to the console version. I love KH. I do. I have posters, every game, TWO tattoos KH-inspired, a shelf full of figures, two replica life-size keyblades and about a dozen CD's full of soundtrack. I couldn't be bothered to get passed the first quarter of Re:CoM. That system ruined it for me.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've only finished the first one (fully finished, even took down the two super-bosses) and loved it. Going to play through the others some time.

9. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

i just can;t get enough of the series :)  i've played and beat every game released in the uk so far, except chain of memories... i can't beat Riku to this day.. and yes i blame the card system =p

the others in the series are awesome though and i love the ridiculously twisty, complex story that nomura has made, just when you think they made a game/character up as filler he goes and explains it in another game.. but then slaps you with a fresh batch of questions =D i have an idea why stuff is the way it is in the KH universe at the moment, but where its going to go from here in Kingdom hearts 3D i couldn't even begin to guess =D

10. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I always wanted to play these games but didn't have a ps2 back then. Now that I have a ps3 I hope some day they release a game for the PS3

11. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I've done pretty much 100% on the first Kingdom Hearts. Defeated the Hades Cup, defeated Kurt Zisa and the Phantom, the Ice Titan, got all the Dalmations, all trinities, and found every chest, and got the secret ending Another Side. However, it's HIGHLY unlikely I'll be able to beat Sephiroth anytime soon. But loved the deep story, the rather dark and creepy End of the World locale for the finale, and the sheer mystery of the Realm of Darkness where the game ends in Kingdom Hearts.

Never got Chain of Memories, but got Re:Chain of Memories. Beat Sora's story, but only got maybe a 1/4 of the way through Riku's story. The cards are interesting and complex and difficult at first, but I got used to them, and like them. It felt refreshing after two games of hack and slash. Only points off was for Corey Burton replacing Christopher Lee as DiZ.

Kingdom Hearts II was a huge improvement over the already excellent original. The story was deeper, the Disney Worlds were more fun, very entertaining minigames, particularly in Hundred Acre Wood, the Organization were badasses, and the Gummi Ships were a blast. They also incorporated my favorite Disney Movie, The Lion King. Also, I loved the mysteries this game and Final Mix+ planted, with Xigbar and the Room of Sleep. The secret ending was kickass, and having Christopher Lee as DiZ was awesome.

For KHII, I've completed 99% of Jiminy's Journal, beat every tournament, and beat Sephiroth. If it wasn't for a few ridiculous requirments for some mini-games, I'd have the secret ending Sunset Horizons.

With 358/2 Days, I was not as impressed as I was with II, I, and Re:CoM. While it has a new story and a new key character Xion, everything else - the gameplay, music, worlds, characters, everything... was simply copy and paste into this game. The only real things I liked were, again, the complex story, Xion, and playing as the Organization, and Christopher Lee's return. But it wasn't really a BAD game, just a game that felt kinda like a rehash of most of the games.

I unfortunately haven't gotten Birth by Sleep yet, so I can't say much. But watching the cutscenes on YouTube, I love the deep story, and it really is as important as KH and KHII. So many mysteries are explained, and Leonard Nimoy and Mark Hamill in the same game is awesome! Aqua is probably the best-looking girl in the series, but her voice-acting is bored and mostly uninspired. However, a small point off for no Christopher Lee this time either as DiZ. But it's definetly one of the series' best.

I love the series thus far, and can't wait for Re:Coded, Birth by Sleep Final Mix, 3DS, and the inevitable KHIII, which is confirmed but is not in production.

12. Spartan Prime

I thought this too. But the more the game goes on, and the more you play with her and learn about her, I found it very fitting. She's the most knowledgeable, respectful, and learned of the trio. She isn't so much bored, as she is wise with words and how she interacts with people.

13. Keroshino

Keroshino OOGA, OOGA, OOGA-CHAKA!!!

News Credits:
    HD remixes of KH: Final Mix 1 & 2 on PS3...please square-enix ;) 

14. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I do like the Kingdom Hearts series, but solely because of the "two things you never thought would mix together" kinda thing. It's fun and weird exploring Disney realms with Final Fantasy & other Disney characters, and the combat system is okay. I've played Kingdom Hearts I & II, but couldn't bring myself to finish that god-awful CoM on the GBA. I have the *number/number* Days Kingdom Hearts game on my DS "to play" stack, but haven't gotten to it yet. Not going to play the Birth by Sleep game because I don't have a PSP and I don't like enough games on it to justify purchasing one.

That all said, like with 90% of Japanese RPGs, I don't understand Kingdom Hearts' story in the least. Makes practically no sense to me. I also know little about Final Fantasy. Just in it for the combat and the weird combination of Square Enix and Disney Worlds all in one game.

15. myhobby

myhobby ArigatouArigatouArigatou-

i'd say i enjoy the series immensely, geekishly so.

i managed to get pretty far in the first kingdom hearts: locked all the keyholes, beat the hades cup and the ice titan, beat the phantom. and yet i could not for the life of me defeat kurt zisa or sephiroth. several puppies were left to be coatified. no secret ending for me.
    but by gosh, the gummie ship sequences were mind-numbingly boring. that would probably be the biggest strike i have against it.

kingdom hearts 2 was pretty fun, but some of the changes were strange at first. was it so hard to add a dodge-roll? "yes it was, shut up." ok.
    didn't get to unlock the most powerful transformation, i spent too much fighting in the red outfit, not enough in the others. i liked how the gummie ship sequences actually looked good this time, more starfox and less asteroids. :D 
    i just started over on proud mode last night, i wanna actually see a secret ending for once!
    was twilight thorn this hard last time? "no it was not." ok.

hoping to pick up RE: chain of memories and/or 358/2 days this holiday season.

16. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I am looking forward to recoded. I want to play as Mickey!

17. Spartan Prime

And we're back. Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded is avaliable today here in the US. Discuss!

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I loved 1 and 2. I really am tired of prequels and "fill in the gap" games in this series though. That's just a side effect of being made by Square- for every big title, they make 25 smaller titles to help fund the bigger one. Whatever the case, make a part 3 and I'm there, but that's all that will draw me back. I mean, it has been like 5 years since part 2.

19. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    The 3DS one, while not strictly Kingdom Hearts 3, is supposedly set after number 2.

20. PaladinVance

PaladinVance Watch your step. TFW2005 Supporter

I enjoyed the first two, got to the end of CoM, but lost interest, and then just could not get into 358/2 at all.
    I keep thinking about picking up Birth, but the amount of stuff I've got sitting around that I've yet to even start is absurd.