Kingdom Hearts Re:Com American Release Date Set

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Spartan Prime, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

KH Re:CoM Comes to America

I broke this news about a week ago on my Kingdom Hearts:WD site, didn't think about posting it here.

Any fans excited about this one? If it does well, I'm sure KH2:Final Mix+ Won't be too far behind.

2. devastator831

devastator831 Mechanical Engineer

Quick question (the wording is confusing), what platform is this going to be on? Playstation 2?

3. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Most interesting.

4. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

It says PlayStation 2 in the quote

5. Spartan Prime

Yes, PS2.

And in about 2 and a half months. I'm almost more excited about not having to wait for it then anything else.

6. devastator831

devastator831 Mechanical Engineer

If they are upgrading the graphics why do it for the ps2 and not the ps3? Does it cost too much money to upgrade the ps3? I have both platforms (need both cause I have the 40gb version) so either way I'm excited it is coming out. I really enjoyed the first two.

7. Spartan Prime

Because it was already released in Japan for the PS2. All they have to do for a rerelease, really, is dub it, and subtitle it. It's cheaper.

Also, the PS3 is a crap console. The PS2 is far more popular and a PS2 release makes if more avaliable fro mthe start.

My guess? Every KH game from here in is going to be ether PS2 or PSP release.

8. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

To you maybe.

There are no "crap consoles" out there. They all have the high points and low points. All 3 are fantastic systems.

Why is it when someone doesn't have/can't afford a system, it's a "crap console"?

9. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

While it is cool that Re:CoM is being released outside of Japan I'm just kinda annoyed that it's on its own for $30. For anyone who doesn't know in Japan Kingdom Hearts 2 was re-released as Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+ which included:

The Extras: Quicklist
    Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix
    - 7+ New Boss Battles ("Organization XIII" Members & "Enigmatic Soldier")
    - 10+ New Cutscenes
    - 2 Additional Sidequests ("Organization XIII Mushrooms" & "Piece Collection" Mode)
    - Theatre Mode (Rewatch Cutscenes in Japanese/English)
    - Additional Difficulty Level ("Critical")
    - New Explorable Areas ("Cave of Remembrance" & "Garden of Assemblage")
    - New & Reworked Enemies (Statistic & Colour Changes)
    - New Drive Form ("Limit Form")
    - New Drive Gauge Limit (Increased to 9)
    - New Abilities
    - New Synthesis Items
    - New Accessories
    - New Weapons (e.g. "Acrossing Two" & "Proof of Victory" Keyblades)
    - New Character Costumes

Kingdom Hearts: RE:Chain of Memories
    - Complete Remake with 3D Graphics
    - Many New Cutscenes (Inc. Japanese Voice Acting)
    - Additional Dialogue (Differences from Original Storyline)
    - Theatre Mode (Rewatch Cutscenes in Japanese)
    - New Boss Battle (Zexion)
    - New Abilities
    - Reaction Commands Included
    - Includes "Reverse/Rebirth"

So as you can see, Re:CoM was a bonus part of FM+. To get one part without the other (while not a huge deal) just bugs me enough to feel bugged. Still I'm sure I'll pick it up, I enjoyed KH and KH2 even more.

As for a proper KH3 (cause the PSP and DS and mobile phones in Japan are all getting their own sub-chapter games) I'm willing to bet that that'll be for PS3 (sorry Spartan Prime).

10. Spartan Prime

I'm doubting that. Everything else that's been announced for the Kingdom Hearts series has been Pro-Playstation, Anti-PS3. Even so far as giving a game to the DS (352/8 Days). Just as Crisis Core could have been a PS3 release, I doubt KH3 (or Birth By Sleep, if that's what you actually mean as it is not a third in the trilogy as much a prequel) won't follow suit. Fewer people buy the PS3. It isn't all it was hyped to be, and fans won't hold out on a new console just to splurge $400-$500, when they can snag a PSP for $150.

It isn't that I can't afford it or don't have it. I've played it, I don't want it. I don't know anyone, personally, who does, or even likes it.

11. Spartan Prime

Edit: Merged Post.

12. ZeroMayhem

Ugh, Birth by Sleep is a PSP game yes, it's not Kingdom Hearts 3 (sort the point of my "the PSP and DS and mobile phones in Japan are all getting their own sub-chapter games" comment).

Square certainly isn't being "Anti-PS3" with KH. Next/Current gen console games tend to take longer to make than portable games, so these sub-chapters are filling the void and continuing the series until KH3 can be completed. When CoM came out for the GBA it wasn't because Square decided to ignore the PS2. Currently the development team of Kingdom Hearts 2 working on Final Fantasy Versus XII. So there's been no announcements of KH3 yet, but who knows this years TGS could change that.

By the time KH3 is released Square will have dropped the new Final Fantasy games on the PS3, which will certainly help expand its base. KH3 will also add to that base. There's no way Square and Sony wouldn't release one of their biggest properties on the PS3. To think otherwise is ludicrous.

Funny, that's how I feel about the 360, but I can at least realize it's not a "crap" system. It just doesn't have any exclusive games I care about.

13. Spartan Prime

I'm sticking with what i think about both console and games. I suppose this is simply a matter of agreeing to disagree. Let's get back to chatter about the topic at hand, and not my opinions.

14. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

you know.... until I have a ps3-which I know will happen eventually-
    I shall wish for Kingdom Hearts 3 on ALL CONSOLES.-currently 360 and wii-

if it happens after I get a ps3 sure go ahead make it an exclusive.

the power of consoles will be mine-cue maniacal laugther.

-funny enough some of my friends been laughing at me because I think of the ps3 as a new linux computer. that will go into my living room.-

15. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i enjoyed the GBA version...i'll pick this up as i have enjoyed the KH series..and wanted to see how much better/not better this version is.

maybe not KH3...but there's one for the DS and one for the PSP...and i think one cellphones too (or was that just FFVII series)

so maybe PS3 will get the core KH title, but i think all will be getting some type of KH treatment....

still waiting for a KH: Nintendo Universe :D 

16. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Glad to hear this as I could never make it through the gba version.

17. ZeroMayhem

Well it's still the same card based battle system game, just now with 3D KH/KH2 style graphics.

18. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Shinki,Braves,TF's Oh my!

I am excited about this, and definately getting. I do hope it leads to KH2 FM+, in my opinion KH:FM+ should have come here too. BTW what is your KH site, can you PM me the link?

19. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

I know this, it wasn't lack of liking the game that stopped me from finishing it. I just started playing other games in the middle of it and by the time I finished them I was unable to find my cartridge.

20. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I enjoyed the GBA version... actually no, I trudged through it because I knew it connected to KH2. I felt the gameplay mechanics were alright but the game itself was so damn monotonous- it was essentially the same room over and over with increasingly tougher enemies and new graphical tiles to make you think your somewhere new. Besides that, the story was a retelling of the first KH with the whole Organization XIII thing tacked on to make people feel the need to play it.

Oh well, it wasn't actually terrible, but I do wish it had more of its own story. There isn't much of a chance of me playing this remake.

As a seperate rant about the whole KH franchise- I honestly play it for the FF side of it and its own uniqueness. I don't hate Disney but for some reason it bothered me how much in part 2 they tried to make Mickey look like this all-mighty badass.