Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chopperface, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I looked back about 10 pages, and I didn't find a thread about this upcoming game.

The story is 10 years before the first Kingdom Hearts. One day, a respected Keyblade Master named Master Xehanort and his apprentice Vanitas disappeared from their world, Land of Departure. Master Eraqus, the ruler of this world, sends his three young apprentices, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua to find them.

Terra is the oldest of the three, and is the most agressive as well. He is seen several times conversing with Disney Villains like Hades, Maleficient, and Captain Hook. He is also tempted several times by Master Xehanort to give in to his anger and darkness.

Aqua is the middle-aged of the three, and is the only female in the trio. She is level headed, and caring for both of her best friends, but is said to seem to be especially caring for Ventus. (She is sexy. :drool: )

Anyway, Ventus, or Ven, is the youngest of the three. He is friendly and compassionate, and his appearance is shockingly just like Sora's Nobody (alter ego), Roxas.

Like the previous games in the series, the group travels across several worlds, based off of Disney Movies and some original made for the game.

Meanwhile, Mickey Mouse is not a king yet, and is training to become a keyblade master as well.

For those who haven't played any Kingdom Hearts game before, don't worry. With three new protagonists, and a setting that tells the origin of the series, it shouldn't be too hard to get acquainted with everything.

The game comes out on January 7th in Japan. It'll probably be out between March and the end of the summer in the States.

Below, from left to right.
    Collage of main characters; Aqua; Terra; Ventus; Vanitas; Master Xehanort; Mickey Mouse and Aqua

Attached Files:

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Not to be confused with "Kingdom Hearts: Death by Insomnia".

On another note, I didn't expect the KH series to even acknowledge any of the other experiments besides Stitch. Interesting.

3. dlatkow

dlatkow Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Is this for the PS3?

4. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    It's for the PSP. I want to play it, I'm a big Mickey Mouse fan, so I'm interested to see how it ends.

5. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    It has a Stitch world. I NEED to play this game.

The magic mirror boss also looks pretty epic.

6. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    No, PSP only but maybe down the road it'll be on PSN.

You know what I was hoping for? A new song from Hikaru Utada. Her songs simultaneously gives me chills and annoy the fuck out of me. Looks like the just reused Simple and Clean.

7. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

It might actually cause me to buy a PSP.

8. myhobby

myhobby ArigatouArigatouArigatou-

the kid next to the girl in the micky pic, could that be kairi?

it's too bad i can't get a psp.
    well, no it's not, they stink.

it's too bad it's for the psp.

9. OptimusGinrai

OptimusGinrai Is Not The Breakman

We also see young Riku, and most of the Org XIII members before they were nobodys. And I want this SOOOO bad.

10. Keroshino

Keroshino OOGA, OOGA, OOGA-CHAKA!!!

News Credits:
    it is :D 
    well i have a psp...and it is awesome
    so i can't wait till this game comes out!

but i guess it's your loss ;) 

11. OptimusGinrai

When will it come out? Cause I might be getting a PSP for my Bday.

12. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i really like the KH series...hopefully this will come to the PSN (or PS2 as a port) cause i dont want to buy a PSP for one game.

and i never heard of Kingdom Hearts: Death by Insomnia...and when i google it, nothing comes up.

13. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    The returning original characters from the previous titles in the series are

*Sora, Riku, and Kairi (ten years younger)
    * Braig, Aeleus, Dilan, Ienzo, and Even - the Somebody's of Organization XIII's original Nobodies.
    *Lea and Isa - Axel and Saix when they were human.
    *Ansem the Wise

The game comes out January between the seventh and the tenth in Japan, so the US game must debut in the spring/summer.

The newest trailer is here:

YouTube - English Sub - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Jump Festa 2010 Trailer

14. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to be a negative nelly, but it's been 4 or so years- there should be a part 3. In order for them to get my attention back to KH-

-Make it for a console, I just don't devote enought time on portables for RPGs.

-Stop using the same Disney worlds and characters. (besides Mickey, Donald, and Goofy, of course)

- Make it a sequel. I want the story to move forward.

Squenix has issues with bringing out lots of portable tie-in products rather then full-on, current gen console games. That's fine from a business perspective because it's cheaper and faster for them, but on a personal level it's just not what I want.

15. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

It's about the money. They know lots of their fans are going to buy every game in the series so if they keep making games, they're going to keep getting money. KH3 long past due so hopefully it's just been kept on super tight lock down.

16. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm looking forward to this, it has to be said, to get some backstory on the characters of Kingdom Hearts 2. I'd imagine there will be some hint in there for the next game in the series too.

Or just wait for the special edition "Final Mix" to come out in Japan in about 8 months time, if Square Enix stays true to form we'll see a new version in Japan with more new content and an additional boss fight with a character from whatever comes next. Happened with the first two games, and Kingdom Hearts 2's cameo was a character from this one.

17. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Nomura (creator) said this game links to about every game in the series.

So far, I've seen these connections.

Kingdom Hearts 1 - It seems it'll explain how Kairi came to Destiny Islands, and possibly losing her memories about the world. It should also see how Xehanort - our Xehanort - became a Heartless.
    Chain of Memories/Re:CoM - None yet
    Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days - It will explore the past of Axel and Saix - how they were best friends before becoming Nobodies. Also, the Chamber of Repose (English translation of "Room of Sleep") seems to appear in the opening of the trailer above.
    Kingdom Hearts II - It should explain the past of the original Organization members, and how Xigbar had met "them" - Terra, Ven, and Aqua. Also, the banishment of Ansem the Wise, and the destruction of Radiant Garden. And to a lesser extent, how that wacky-ass Pete got banished from Disney Town.
    Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ - More explanation on "them", the Lingering Sentiment in Disney Castle Sol Fury mentioned, finding the Room of Sleep, and why Aqua's armor was in there; and of course, clearing up what really happened in the secret ending.
    Kingdom Hearts coded - Perhaps clearing up who "they" are, after the unsatisfying ending.

Below, from up to down: The Organization's complete beings so far.
    Lea - Axel; Isa - Saix; Braig - Xigbar; Even and Ienzo - Vexen and Zexion; Dilan and Aeleus - Xaldin and Lexaeus.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. OptimusGinrai

Remember that voice that kept talking to Sora in KH1? Will this game explain who that was?

19. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    It's possible - I think it was maybe the "soul"(?) of the Keyblade? Or maybe Kingdom Hearts itself?

20. OptimusGinrai

Or....Was it Xehanort? Or...Was it Aqua? It could be those things too. We just don't know yet. Also, you guys do know what Xehanort scrambles out to, right?