Minor/Repaint: Kingdam 06 junker into sunstorm

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by anovasinn, May 15, 2008.

1. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

This was a fun 3 day project i started because my computer died. So with no enternet i had some free time. Well the kingdam 6 is an excellent base for seeker mods mainly because of the solid plastic nose cone rather than silicone rubber (paint sticks better to hard plastic). the jet was severly sun burnt and the plastic was brittle because of that. i had droped it some months back and broke his neck so the neck and head wear replaced. i used thundercracker stripes for the wings not by choice but because of convienience. I already had the wing stripes from another project. well it is complete except for the weapons and rear elevator fins. also i have to decide what set of stickers to use for the bot mode. if anybody wants to sell me the parts i need to complete pm me.

the paint is custom mixed testers acrylic orange and white the base coat white is krylon fusion. and the top coat is future floor polish.

the overall finish is just to look like a official toy rather than having details like panel lines and other detail. the only part i custom detailed is the face. this jet was made to go with my seeker squad and blend in more or less. so with that said critique is welcome just bear in mind my above said goal.

Attached Files:

2. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

pretty cool matt, how did you take care of the paint rub for the arms? yeah, the kingdoms are so nice, you have the plastic nose and the sharpened main wing tips too.

3. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    what is a kindam 6? i checked my g1 starscream and i noticed the rubber nose you were talking about
    is this a high quality knockoff? or a pre-TF of some sort?

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    old old old KO. they even had a few that were different wings. I wish I had one of THOSE.

Anyway, this looks pretty nice.. might I suggest a white-wash? that'd tone down the orange and get it to look like a real Sunstorm. Your orange looks right on, just too strong. If it had some white tint overlaying it, It'd be close to perfect.

5. anovasinn

a kingdam 6 is a knock off from the early 80's it is a ko of the diaclone version. the main differance is the box art ko is in english while the real diaclone is in japanese or chinese. also there are a few slight differances in the toy itself. like the hard plastic nosecone rather than rubber.i do consider it high grade but others may disagree. i would have never moded this if it had not been in such poor condition , because kingdam seekers are rather hard to find.

6. anovasinn

well honestly i did nothing to prevent paint rub because it is for my collection not for sale. so i am just going to keep it mostly in alt mode. the paint rub issue is a total pain on this one because of the tight joints. if i had made it for sale i would have spent much more time to widen the gaps by sanding. it will eventually get some scratches but i am ok with that.

7. anovasinn

thanks for the kudo's on my color mixing. i am going to pass on the white wash because i have already applied the stickers. however i have a sublime green seeker jet planned. i want it to be acid storm without the camo just sublime green. anyways sublime green is a hot robust color like the orange so i think i am going to try the white wash you suggested on that one.