Minor/Repaint: King Thundercracker, Skywarp, Ramjet, Thrust, and Dirge 56k Warning

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by CarafelliusMaximus, Mar 8, 2007.

1. CarafelliusMaximus

CarafelliusMaximus G1 Junkie

The kings are back in town. These are the final Cybertron kitbashes I intend to do. I had a lot of fun making these and I'm quite proud of them.

[​IMG]
    Thundercracker in progress

[​IMG]
    Tcracker on comp desk

[​IMG]
    On the floor

[​IMG]
    King Thundercracker

[​IMG]
    Thundercracker Alt mode

[​IMG]
    Alt mode side view

[​IMG]
    King Screamer and King Cracker

[​IMG]
    Skywarp in progress

[​IMG]
    King Skywarp

[​IMG]
    Skywarp on the Bar again

[​IMG]
    Skywarp Alt Mode

[​IMG]
    Ramjet and Dirge on the comp desk

[​IMG]
    King Ramjet

[​IMG]
    Ramjet Alt Mode

[​IMG]
    Thrust

[​IMG]
    Thrust alt Mode

[​IMG]
    Thrust's VTOL Fan close up

[​IMG]
    King Dirge

[​IMG]
    Dirge on the comp desk

[​IMG]
    Dirge closer upper

[​IMG]
    Dirge Alt Mode

[​IMG]
    Alt Mode close up

[​IMG]
    Alt Mode Rear View

[​IMG]
    Alt Mode opposite direction

As much as these pictures show off, they in no way do the Transformers justice. Thundercracker looks like the poster Seeker for Capt. America who recently passed away, Skywarp's purple is lighter in the pics than real life, Ramjet's wings and Thrusts whole body look the same color and they're not, and Thrusts VTOL Fan is not clear at all not to mention he appears a lighter shade of red in some pics than others. The only one who didn't get screwed was Dirge. Overall though, I'm quite satisfied.

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. How much did all of that cost you?!

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. How much did all of that cost you?!

4. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Wow dude, thats great! but how much time and money did that cost you?!? haha

5. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Wow dude, thats great! but how much time and money did that cost you?!? haha

6. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    Man those are nice.....great job

7. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    Man those are nice.....great job

8. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    First thing I thought too, cool though. They could use a few more paint apps in robot mode maybe but they still turned out nice.

9. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    First thing I thought too, cool though. They could use a few more paint apps in robot mode maybe but they still turned out nice.

10. TimothyVernon

TimothyVernon Well-Known Member

they look sweet, much better than the normal version, my one suggestion would be that you should have left the crowns gold, i think that would have looked better, even in alt mode.

11. TimothyVernon

TimothyVernon Well-Known Member

they look sweet, much better than the normal version, my one suggestion would be that you should have left the crowns gold, i think that would have looked better, even in alt mode.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I was wandering when you were going to get these things done. I personally would of painted their clear parts in corresponding colors to them, but that's just me. I'm going to leave that at that. I don't want the same thing that happend last time happening again. Peace out.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I was wandering when you were going to get these things done. I personally would of painted their clear parts in corresponding colors to them, but that's just me. I'm going to leave that at that. I don't want the same thing that happend last time happening again. Peace out.

14. CarafelliusMaximus

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. Raven, what do you mean about the clear parts? Give me an example will you?

Well there was a lot of time and money spent on this project, but I feel as though it was worth it. I'm really quite happy w/ how they turned out. The one thing I'd like to do would be to get some Decepticon sticker sheets for these guys, add some detail.

I was originally going to leave the crowns off entirely and not even bother with them, but when it came to the coneheads I thought I should do something. So I ended up looking at each Seeker and taking the color that was not as significant as the others and chose it for the crown. Thundercracker has the nicest crown with it being silver, and the three coneheads all got black to match their head colors. I usually don't display them w/ the crowns, except the three coneheads to show the difference. Besides, we've only ever seen Starscream crowned and we know that his alt color, is black and gold, so he got a gold crown. Who's to say that the other Seekers might have different colored crowns if they were ever deemed leader?

15. CarafelliusMaximus

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. Raven, what do you mean about the clear parts? Give me an example will you?

Well there was a lot of time and money spent on this project, but I feel as though it was worth it. I'm really quite happy w/ how they turned out. The one thing I'd like to do would be to get some Decepticon sticker sheets for these guys, add some detail.

I was originally going to leave the crowns off entirely and not even bother with them, but when it came to the coneheads I thought I should do something. So I ended up looking at each Seeker and taking the color that was not as significant as the others and chose it for the crown. Thundercracker has the nicest crown with it being silver, and the three coneheads all got black to match their head colors. I usually don't display them w/ the crowns, except the three coneheads to show the difference. Besides, we've only ever seen Starscream crowned and we know that his alt color, is black and gold, so he got a gold crown. Who's to say that the other Seekers might have different colored crowns if they were ever deemed leader?

16. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Awesome man. I am doing my first kitbash right now. Thanks for the motivation!!!

17. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Awesome man. I am doing my first kitbash right now. Thanks for the motivation!!!

18. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude sweet!:rock 

19. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude sweet!:rock 

20. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

that dirge one is my favorite(of course he is cause dirge is my fav seeker) I don't know why he is but he just is so cool