Digibash: King Starscream Idea

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    He all. Was bored, and trying to come up with some more/interesting kitbash ideas, and this one came to mind. It's basically movie Screamer, in King Starscream colors. I decided to use the origional Decoed Starscream's head instead of the G1 repaint (which would be what I would use for the body if I were to do this one), as I prefer it's look to the one used for G1 themed Screamer and T-cracker. I'm not 100% happy with the way the crown looks, but, it's the best that I could do for now (I might go back and redo it). Also, I'm in the process of figuring out how to digitally ad a cape to him (something I would also do if I was going to do this as an actual kitbash). C&C are welcome, just please keep it civil and on-topic. Thanks for looking :thumb .

King Starscream's bot-mode:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So I guess the idea about putting all your ideas into one thread instead of posting two or three new threads every day got shot down?

I mean seriously - nobody else does this. Keep our kitbash forum clean!

3. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I propose this, to make your kitbash better, why don't you change the legs and the head?

4. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

im with megamoonman, your defense is always...... Why post something against my opinion in my thread? But seriously overdoing it here..... so we post in your thread.

what happened to your all in one digibash thread? Im not trying to push your buttons but I think the streamlined all in one thread is a good idea.

5. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I actually kind of like the multiple threads. I get to pick out an idea and then move on. I'm seriously considering picking up an extra Landmine figure along with ordering a 6" Blue Spartan (Master Chief costs about 4 times as much. >.>)

As for this idea... There really doesn't seem to be much to it. On the plus side, I kind of want to pick up a G1 deco Screamer before we run out. >.>

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I thought I was the mod of the Kitbash forum? Oh that's right, I am. If there was a problem with there being a new thread for every NEW idea, I'd have already addressed it by now. We're here to PROMOTE creativity, no squelch it.

7. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Nice idea there, Rave. Keep them comin'.

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Agreed with Redline.

I mean seriously... is it so necessary to get on someone's case for doing too many digibashes? Take a pill, guys. If you don't want to read the thread, walk on already.

As for the digibash... I think Movie Starscream is just one of those monstrosities for whom conventional vanities like crowns and bright colours just don't work. It comes out looking ridiculous. Generally I try to forget that Movie Starscream exists, let alone has anything in common with G1 Starscream (something the designers evidently forgot too :)  ).

Dude, I hate to say it, but that is one UGLY transformer. It looks like the robotic equivalent of a burger joint mascot. :) 

zmog

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks Redline. I was mainly bored when I did this, and was just basically trying to add more detail to the G1 deco they gave him, or, rather tried to give him. As for the head and the legs. I personally like this head, and I also like the way that Movie Screamer's legs look. I don't actually plan to do this one in the future, but, I am thinking about doing a King Starscream bash of some kind, or even that Movie Skywarp that I was thinking of doing :thumb .

10. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

You do have a lot of ideas, Ravenxl7,. Some good some, not so, good. I like the idea but hate the mold so I'm not liking it much. Fix the legs and arms and I might come around. (if your happy with it, then ignore my comment. It's just my opinion).

On the amount of topics. I don't have anything against a new topic, each time, except that I think it adds to a problem, I have, with the, individual, topics pages.
    (I know you answered me, on this, Redline but I wanted to add this to my reason why, since it might be why, others are complaining.)

If the "topic" pages had more posts listed on each page (instead of shifting them to a second page) it would be less of a problem for increased amounts of topics. It isn't hard to look on the next page but I don't think very many people do. So, I think a lot of topics get missed. Other than that it doesn't matter if a new topic is started, for each idea, but more topics would stay up front, if these were in one thread.

I know that you can't make a change like that for one person but if enough people agreed, couldn't it be brought up to the designers of the page layouts? (if it would be a benefit to the board). If this cannot be done, I think that, new, posts should be kept to a minimum to conserve space.

And now, back to your regularly sceduled, topic.

11. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    is this supposed to make me laugh...sorry if it doesn't...but him wearing a crown *snicker*

12. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This is what I'm talking about. Everybody else's stuff gets pushed off very quickly when one person starts one or two new threads a day. Why can't one thread be created and constantly updated?

It's not about squelching individual ideas and creativity, it's about keeping other people's ideas around as well.

Anyway, I've said my piece and I'll shut up about it now.

13. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

There's all of one of his topic on the first page, and two more on the second. One of those two is an actual wip topic though and the other has seemingly inspired a lot of people to want to use his idea (including me and I could actually care less about Halo as a game). IMO it's not a big problem, concern or issue at all.

On topic, the colors, mainly the yellow highlights, give this mold a lot of pop. However, it just doesn't seem to work all that great. As someone who does like the Movie Screamer mold, I suggest you file this one in the 'pass' folder.

14. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Maybe if the crown fit his aesthetic more, the cartoon crown doesn't really work all that well - and mute the colors a bit.

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm currently planning on redoing this digibash to an extent later today, but, I need to get some homework done and out of the way first, then I can redo this digibash, and possibly do some more work on Overlord :thumb .

16. The Asp

The Asp Angry Old Man

It's too bright. And the design isn't regal enough.

Slightly off topic, the mega pvc starscream head with crown fits nicely on classics screamer.

17. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It'd leave this one on the drawing table. The TFTM Starscream mold is pretty awful on its own, and it really doesn't lend itself well towards a design like the one you propose.

I understand what you're saying, but I'm not sure digibash threads are quite prevalent enough to warrant a single thread (or subforum) for.

Edit:

Raven: I totally forgot about sending you that second Warpath head. I remembered yesterday when I swung by Walmart and found a Deluxe Brawl. FYI, I bought it, opened it, folded Brawls head down and sat the Warpath one on top of it, and it's actually a little big. Deluxe Brawl is, oddly enough, somewhat small compared to other TFTM Deluxes. I'm having second doubts about painting him up as Warpath anyway...I actually think if a small enough Prime head could be found as well as replacement arms (and replacement feet) he might make an ok Hiss-tank Optimus Prime. I'd do a digi of it but I'm unbelievably busy at the moment cramming for a test :( 

18. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    With that crown, and the black lower part of his head looking for all the world like a beard, and the bright yellow-on-red paint ... I get a "monster-robot-lovechild of Ronald McDonald and the Burger King" vibe from it.

19. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm talking about putting all his own stuff into his own single thread, not lumping everybody's stuff into one.

Nobody seems to care anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter. I'll just have to dig through that many more threads to find what I'm looking for.

20. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I know. When I said "single thread" I actually meant it as either way (one single thread per author or one single thread for all digi's). It's a moot point anyway.