King of the Minicons - PCC Edition

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Gilgamesh, Aug 28, 2011.

?

Your favorite PCC Minicon molds (multiple choice)

1. Caliburst (Huffer's Minicon)

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Backwind (Searchlight's Minicon)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Chopster (Smolder's Minicon)

15 vote(s)
    39.5%
  4. Pinpoint (Leadfoot's Minicon)

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  5. Chainclaw (Icepick's Minicon)

20 vote(s)
    52.6%
  6. Throttler (Sledge's Minicon)

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  7. Waterlog (Undertow's Minicon)

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  8. Groundspike (Heavytread's Minicon)

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  9. Airlift (Skyhammer's Minicon)

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    For those of us who really liked the Power Core Combiners, which minicon did you like the most? Choose using any criteria, it can be Robot mode, Weapon mode, articulation, or pretty much anything that made you like a particular PCC Minicon mold.

I'm including the base mold only, each counts for its repaints too. The poll is multiple choice so you can select the ones you thought were good.

I am particularly fond of the wave 2 Minicons. Throttler is articulated and cool, Pinpoint looks good in robot mode and Chainclaw is just solid in all modes.

I have a soft spot for Backwind, he has a goofy robot mode with decent articulation, and his weapon mode sucks, but he has a couple of excellent fan modes that really let him shine.

2. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

You gotta appreciate the fact that chopster turns into an axe. It really gives Smolder some character.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Chainclaw reminded me of a Nebulon.

4. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Pinpointer reminds me even more of a nebulan. He's a full on Powermaster update! with built in targetmaster influences.

5. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    poor backwind. his gatling gun arm had so much potential to be good.

6. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Chopster suckered me into the line, but I have to go with Chainclaw. Solid. I like little sculpted missile-boxes. He's versatile enough to be a really good robot or vehicle-mode weapon.

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chainclaw, easily. His limbs actually lock somewhere in his alt mode, and his hands work as 3mm clips.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    chainclaw and pinpoint, both remind me of nebulans, groundspike looks really good as chest armor

9. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Caliburst edges Chainclaw and Waterlog, for me. I like the look of Caliburst in gun mode, and specifically bought the United redeco to use as a weapon for an uncombined Crankcase (it works rather well). I also bought the United redeco of Chainclaw to use as a weapon for Steamhammer...I also like that it works so well as a gun or vehicle mode weapon. The only thing I don't like about Waterlog is he has trouble standing in bot mode. That aside, he's also awesome, the gun mode is nice, and I love the color of green they used on him. I was really hoping we'd get a United version of him too instead of the Backwind mold.

10. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a hard time picking a personal favorite. They're all pretty kickass.

I enjoy the fact that they're functional weapon/armor mini-cons rather than just miniature vehicles. Really, they're more akin to Targetmasters than their namesakes.

The PCC Scouts w/ Mini-Con sets are quite nice overall... just a damn shame that their primary gimmick, the Combiner modes, stink soooo badly due to the goofy drone limbs in most cases.

11. Gilgamesh

News Credits:
    Part of Backwind's charm is his assault rifle fan-mode (don't have any pictures but it was posted in the PCC appreciation thread and Searchlight's feedback thread)

Pinpoint is very humanoid, as some of you have mentioned. Pity that he really doesn't combine very well with Leadfoot in any mode. But by himself, he's a pretty good figure.

Caliburst, I just don't like his arms, but he does look very good. Chainclaw is pretty much flawless and he is a perfect match for Icepick who is also cool. I made this thread because recently PCCs went into major discounts in local stores (up to 65% off) so I got many of the 2-packs I didn't get at first. These are so fun, it's a pity that many people look down on the line because of the main gimmick, they are solid scout figures with nice minicons. I only have two of the 5-packs but I sometimes wish to acquire at least one more to get more limbs (even if it means getting a Double Clutch figure who is apparently shit incarnate)

12. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I gotta go with Chopster and Chainclaw also. Chopster was in the hands of my WFC Prime for quite some time. I really warmed up to him. I like how Chainclaw pegs together.

13. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    I voted for Groundspike cause he came with Heavytread, but I like FRACAS from the Japanese line. Well, Groundspike's cool too.

14. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I like the purple one that came with Sledge.

15. Gilgamesh

News Credits:
    Yeah, good articulation and he becomes a goddamn drill! Plus Sledge is just plain cool.