King James and Shaq: Title in Cleveland?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kronos, Jun 25, 2009.

1. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:

This is good news for Cavs fans.

2. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

I still don't think it puts the Cleveland Shaqaliers over the top. I still think Boston and Orlando are better overall teams.

3. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I agree. If anything Shaq will clog up the lane and prevent LeBron from taking to the hoops and will continue to be a liability late in the game. Cavs think they can replicate what the Heat did but the title was won by DWade's efforts mostly. Shaq will help of course but I don't think he can bring a title to Cleveland given all the competition that's out there.

4. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree with this. :thumbs2: 

5. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I feel that Shaq no longer has the heart the it takes to win a title.

6. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think it will help the Cavs with defense, ad give LeBron some help on the court. Also, if this sends Big Z to the bench, then they have a reasonable bench center. Overall, and very good trade, imo.

7. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Yep, Shaq is playing the franchise shuffle until he retires. The end is coming.

8. T-money

T-money Cake is good

News Credits:
    Shaq is 37...THIRTY SEVEN! Old by NBA standards, especially for a big man. Still quite productive but his numbers have slipped in recent years.

I'm suprised he hasn't broken down healthwise by now. The man takes a beating in the paint. I believe he takes very good care of his body, but I would expect some type of injury bug to bite within the next season or so due to age. Like I said, he's getting up there.

With all that said, if he stays healthy I believe he can make Cleveland better. Better enough to win a championship? Not sure about that.

9. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Shaq + Lebron = Trainwreck

10. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Especially with Orlando getting Vince Carter.

Boston is done.

11. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

With Carter Magic is now the team to beat in the East. I agree that Celts are done, their big 3 is no longer the best trio in the league and with competition this tough getting the best record in the East will be very challenging. Shaq will help the Cavs with the inside game and D, but he will prove to be more of a liability over time. This is clearly a one year deal in Cleveland so all the pressure will be on Shaq and LeBron to bring a title in 2010 or else.

12. FreshDebesh

Yeah, Orlando looks pretty good right now. If they can get Hedo to resign with them, then their starting lineup looks like this: PG Jameer Nelson, SG Vince Carter, SF Hedo Turkoglu, PF Rashard Lewis, and C Dwight Howard. Not bad at all with Pietrus coming off the bench.

13. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    This is a worthless trade. Shaq gets a ton of media coverage when he has a good game ... because they are so few and far between. The man is done and finished. By trading away Wallace, they simply increased their paycheck for a giant traffic cone in the court. That's about as fast as Shaq moves and about as talented as he's become.

I predict the Cavs will get to the playoffs, but Shaq won't be there. He'll be injured because he's old, especially by NBA standards, and his body has proven that he can't play a full season, let alone a half season.

14. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um excuse me shaq is and will always be the best big man ever to play this game. Granted he has not be as productive as he use to be but he still can be a force to be reckon with. He had a pretty good year last year with the suns. They still can limit his minutes with illgaskiss whatever his name is and he will help the cavs in the playoffs when it really matters. And carter going to the magic wanna talk about injuries i think he has been hurt quite a few times in his carrer also.

15. FreshDebesh

Um excuse me but Mr Chamberlain, Russell and Abdul Jabbar would like to have a word with you.

16. transformers32

News Credits:
    They were great big men but i still would take shaq over them anyday. Shaq had bigger better big men he played against like D. robinson P. ewing H. olajuwan etc. they were in there primes. chamberlain and russell didnt play with any great big men they were they were playing against scrubs.

17. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I would have to disagree.

All of those named have been retired for a while now and how many rings is that like? 2?

None of them took over games like Russell and Chamberlain.

If anything the talent is more diluted now than ever with soft Euros.

18. J.H.N

J.H.N the HARSH one

We still have Z, a pretty good center in his own right, Shaq, while agree he is old, he can still play and wont be counted on to start all the time. He's just our "Witness Protection" :)  Also Carter is a very me first type player and I think The Orlando deal will come back to bite them in the butt.

19. transformers32

News Credits:
    Hold up your calling them 3 hall of famers or future hall of famers who didnt take over games like russell and chamberlain did are you crazy? and they were not in retiring mode when shaq was playing against them they retired way latter into shaqs carrer. And yes russell and chamberlain took over because there was noone to guard them ,come on now this was the 60's the tallest players were not close to how tall they were. They did not play the calibure of tallent even close to what shaq has had to play against. Name one big man that russell and chamberlain other than themselves that they played against?

20. FuRiOus_StyLZe

FuRiOus_StyLZe Hasbro can suck my nuts..

exactly...

the Magic made themselves a whole lot better trading for Vinsanity. The east is gonna be brutal next year.